Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return Item to Amazon

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Man this thread has some strange strange replies on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I don't see what the issue is here.

amazon have long since changed their stance relating to delivery electronic items directly to ROI. I only had a motherboard delivered last week which was dead on arrival. Had a pre-paid label e-mailed to me that night and they forward dispatched the replacement, which was with me 72 hours later.

Dropped off the parcel to Post office yesterday and all being done, at no cost to myself and minimal hassle. Amazon from my experience have a tremendous returns policy. The fact they give you 30 days to return your product and and will send out a replacement immediately is a big deal.

In this instance, was the TV not available to ship to your location directly? If not, then you used a proxy service to circumvent their delivery options and frankly their delivery policy.

I think it's not unreasonable to suggest you contact the courier who provided it to you, and arrange a return through them. Either by physically driving it up to their depot, or trying to arrange them to collect it. I've never heard an issue where Amazon deny the RMA label for an actual faulty product.

But they have good grounds here to not cover your costs, since they don't provide a direct shipping service for the item you ordered, and you used Parcel Motel.

Also can you confirm if the item was ACTUALLY shipped and sold by Amazon, and NOT one of the sellers/independent sellers that operate on Amazons website? On the page of the item it says who is selling it. Sometimes things can get messy if its an independent seller.

As a final step, you can always ring them. I've had to ring them a few times and found their customer care top class, and they've been nothing short of brilliant. Found they arn't deflective but actually solution focused which is a big help.

Advertisement