Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silat Seminar 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭silat liam

Murphd5 wrote: »
    We responded to a post on SilatIreland's page ie Tony, that was it look at the timestamps you idiot - WOW 4-5 posts over two days That's your idea of a conversation? - I have had no direct conversation with Glenn since 10th Febuary. Personally I thought he was referring to you not Jak. Your association with Sanders in contrast to what YOU say - your quote.

This is my fifth time repeating this across to you on different forum. First I don't drink, so no crying in beer lol but seriously man, you need to do more research on this...When I met Sanders and all the way to 2006 I didn't make money or a living from Martial Arts, I had my own business in the North which actually sponsor Mr Sanders trips lol 99.9% of my income from 1998 to 2006 came from my work outside of Martial Arts.

2006/2008? - he says 2007 - I tend to believe him. As is stands - you were part of his Association and he ended it. BTW where is your grades? I asked for the names of the Grading bodies you apparently graded under. Please name them - I want to phone them and see.

you said you had no direct contact with Glenn, yet you did, but now thats not a direct contact, and then you thought Glenn was referring to me, even though everything Glenn was talking about was Jak. Yet Glenn talks about an Academy (Jak has one I don't) doesnt advertise silat at his academy ( I advertise silat all the time) you knew find well it was about Guru Jak, so back tracking isnt working.

Lol so even though sanders travel to ireland in 2008 to my club, taught a seminar on Kunjang Jurus, graded my students. Had his meals in my house, went on a falconery trip organised by me, went to a disco at Break for the border on the sat night, was on a plane with a airticket. you're still going with the idea that we were kicked out in 2007 and that the man who came here in 2008 was not Mr. Sanders.

Mark you do realised that we all left except for 3 students in Ireland, and UK. I have the emails where he wrote to me up to middle of 2009 wanting us to come back. What about the American head instructors Jeff Davidson, Jerry Jacobs, Darren, Fred, Johnny they all left, what about the French students they all left to. Why did we all leave. None of us were kicked out. I along with 98% of students left sanders that Autumn Why did we all leave, there were a good few reason, but when you find out about fraud, it questions whither you can still follow someone. I was disgusted when I found out about this and could no longer follow his path.

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/litreleases/2008/lr20618.htm

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/litreleases/2007/lr20274.htm

http://www.lawupdates.com/summary/ca_district_court_waives_payment_of_93m_judgment_amount_in_50m_ponzi_scheme

So maybe since you're in constant touch with Mr Sanders and one of his supporters maybe you should asked him about the April 2008 seminar and then you could ask Mr Sanders about this, it was a number of statement by U.S. SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION concerning Federal Judge Permanently Enjoins Five Unregistered Southern California Brokers in a $50 Million Securities Fraud Scheme. This is not something we made up, this is an USA official Governing Body and its also claims he wasn't even properly register as a broker. He had to pay back $1.11m. So maybe now you can see why anyone with any honesty could no longer train under a person who was involved in a fraud like this. So maybe Mark you should focus on this with your investigation. btw silatireland knew all about this, as I personally show it to him at the time.. yet introduce young students to him..

Finally Mark you're not in anyway appointed to demand anything on silat, from me or anyone else, you're only a student. I invited you to come along and asked Guru Jak any question you wanted about me, but you didn't. I have told you on many different forums to stop with the keyboard and trash talking, and come along and meet me and I will show you my qualifications, we can sit down have a coffee and go over them, but you refuse to meet me, instead its this constant ranting. My door is always open and you have nothing to fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Murphd5

Liam you are doing the your old routine, not putting up your grades, you've been asked. I ask all my teachers. What's unusual about that? When you hire or deal with a supposed expert you do so on the basis that they have the credentials to do the job. Now put up your grades. Brian had to produce his. Massan had to produce his, The lads in the Daigokan, no REAL teacher has ever had an issue with establishing their credentials. Except you. I have never heard any such nonsense in my life.

You keep making points about Sanders - my point is - he threw you out and revoked everything he gave you, which in the main was the title of Guru Besar which you displayed in Irish Fighter. I'll be digging that issue out so I can post that pic saying it was awarded to you - not graded for. You never graded for anybody. You're unqualified, unfit for purpose. Nobody has graded you.

Don't be worrying about the seminar. Irish Fighter covered it just fine. You do remember them? Why isn't yours advertised there? You can't.

All you do is personally attack those who don't subscribe to Liamworld and your version of facts.

wasn't going to say anything, after reading various post on another silat facebook page, but after reading it again in Irish Fighter, which the editor didn't bother to verified anything, but no surprize there, as he never checks anything.

Way to go Liam. Alienate the only Irish publication by personally insulting the editor.

I could also mention here the recording of you making the most disgusting remarks about a Father/son. Heard all about that from the lads What an abomination you are Liam. You have ignored everything in your bid to attack Sanders, well go ahead. Not my teacher. WAS yours. Attack Glenn, not my teacher, WAS yours. Meet you? Gee you were supposed to come see me. I'm still waiting. Put your grades up Liam. The student wants to verify the authenticity of them and the holder.

quoting here from a page on joining a MA School

Legitimate and professionally trained martial artists are members of not-for-profit associations or international federations that regulate, promote, and develop the art. These organizations operate with executive level staff or committee and have an independent body (like a board of directors) that monitor the organization’s operations. Information about an instructor’s or school’s qualifications are usually available to the public and inquiries are welcome.

I'm a member of the public. Enquiring as to you Liam, on a public forum. Who graded you? Where can I check that? I'll post the results.

Hi Mark. Please let me know time and date you want to meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Lads! You do know there's a PM function? And that ye're not currently using it?

:D

Hi Endacl - I just want Liam to post his grades - I can post mine - have no problem posting mine. Already have referenced my instructors/clubs who people can talk to regarding them. As a qualified Black Belt I have no issues doing so.

Liam see you outside the seminar on the day. That would be at Brians - Irish Fighter or Glenn and Tony have the details. May 9th. Come an hour beforehand. Don't worry you won't have to attend. Bring your certs - but why you can't post them here like any real instructor so I can verify them or anybody else can is truth in itself.

• Advertisement

Lol you told me earlier i wasnt to attend Glenn seminar. Lets arrange next week some time. What day suits?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭cletus

endacl wrote: »
    Lads! You do know there's a PM function? And that ye're not currently using it?

:D

Endacl, don't be ruining the fun. Sure what else would you be doing on a bank holiday Monday except reading internet flame wars.

However, an increase in basic grammar and punctuation would improve the enjoyment no end

Liam - who said you were not invited. I didn't - re-read the posts - I asked you to be outside an hour beforehand, Then you won't have to worry. Tell you what - do come. I'm busy Liam. I live and work in the countryside now. I won't be back up in Dublin until then. What's the issue? Can't you wait?Where's your grades? I'm waiting patiently for you to post them- it'll give me PLENTY of time to verify them. Come on - we have an audience now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 wiskyjack

I have to apologise. I asked a question without properly looking at the seminar details for guru lobo or guru othman.

Silatliam corrected me and said there is no connection between the two. That should have been that.

Obviously in some circles a correction of a simple error is an invitation for a flame war.

Nope wiskyjack. It's the usual for Liam. Of course you can attend Glenn's seminar and make your mind up. Contact him or Tony Devey, details in last Irish Fighter.

• Advertisement

Nope wiskyjack. It's the usual for Liam. Of course you can attend Glenn's seminar and make your mind up. Contact him or Tony Devey, details in last Irish Fighter.

Which Glenn will be the one that turns up Mark? Will it be Talisurug Glenn or is it Padukaglenn. :) that's why there so much confusion. Looking back over the posts, Talisurug who is Glenn Lobo (or someone who lives / works in Luton and uses the same computer as Padukaglenn) even thank Padukaglenn who is also Glenn Lobo (or someone who lives / work in Luton and uses the same computer as Talisurug) it's no wonder this thread got so confusing. Why did Glenn set up two accounts, and then start talking to and about himself in the 3rd person? and to you? Surly you must have some idea? He did this the odd time in Kilrea, which we all use to find strange, but we were only 17 / 18 at the time and went with it..

Liam - who said you were not invited. I didn't - re-read the posts - I asked you to be outside an hour beforehand, Then you won't have to worry. Tell you what - do come. I'm busy Liam. I live and work in the countryside now. I won't be back up in Dublin until then. What's the issue? Can't you wait?Where's your grades? I'm waiting patiently for you to post them- it'll give me PLENTY of time to verify them. Come on - we have an audience now.

Hi Mark you posted this on another forum call Martial arts Cheats on 11th Dec 2014

"The boycott of Liam and any supporters will stand. That includes all who come to teach or seminar on his behalf".

Do you not remember posting it. You said that any one who supported our work either as a student or as a teacher would be boycotted, that pretty much means not invited, I would say. Is the boycott you organised still on going? I have never turn away a student or anyone who was interested in learning. Everyone of the 82 host seminars I organised since 1985 the door has been open to anyone, past or present student and even non students. I would not put myself in a position where i tell other students or teachers what they can or cant train in, but you do.

You self appointed yourself into a role and yet turn a blind eye to your friend Tony who runs silatireland. Tony never ever received a Guru Grading under me, yet claims he is a qualified Guru. Sanders has posted that there is no official group in any format in Ireland yet you support him and attack me, because I left Sanders after training 10 years with him, yet Tony hasn't brought him once, nor did a single test. Yet it seems you are ok with this..

Mark A few months back Sanders was unhappy with his guys in Ireland, and the lack of financially support he was given by them refusing to buy his dvd's. It was accidentally sent it to me instead of Silatireland this is only a section of it. He did put it on his PCPS page but took it down couple days later.... whats your views on this Mark since you support sanders... and you question why we left, This is how he thought of his students in Ireland in 2014

"I have to tell you ALL I have had it with greedy selfish bastards . IF THEY DO NOT WANT TO BUY THE REQUIRED DVD ,GET THE F OUT !!!! I ONLY WISH I COULD STICK MY FOOT UP THEIR ASS ON THE WAY OUT THE DOOR .
    My DVD's are cheap and you can not believe how I have to go over this , again and again. PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE DO NOT TRY AND GET ME TO CHANGE THIS , THEY BUY THE DVD'S OR GRAB THEM BY THE BACK OF THEIR SHIRTS AND THROW THEM OUT THE DOOR . IT INFURIATES ME !!!! SANDERS

Yes Liam, you're right - I called on people to boycott your seminar and isn't that what I did? I DID boycott it - exactly as it says. Now Glenn is teaching on his and Tony's behalf so that makes it a different thing. Boy you really are that stupid! Now to simplify - because I can see why Sanders thought you weren't the sharpest tool in the box. You can meet me outside the Seminar on May 9th either one hour before or afterwards - you can boycott the seminar if you want. Ok? Now where are your grades Liam? Oh yes you have none.

Again with the Sanders - I guess I train with somebody else other that Glenn or Sanders is too hard for you to grasp. You look like a total idiot slagging off your own teachers Liam. Ok they're BAD. but YOU choose them. YOU brought them over here for years. paid a small fortune to do so. Guess you really are that stupid. And you want me to believe you know Silat and what a good teacher is? Took me 3 MONTHS to see you for a fake. You had these guys over for YEARS and never copped on. How do YOU know what the hell they taught you? Like I said I wouldn't trust you to grade an egg.

I never appointed myself diddly squat, I was graded to Black under Massan Ghorbani. All from Yellow Tip to full Black, with the Grading certs to show for it. Where are yours Liam? In any style?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Boy you really are that stupid! Now to simplify - because I can see why Sanders thought you weren't the sharpest tool in the box.
    [...]
    Guess you really are that stupid.

These are personal attacks. There are probably other examples in here, but my eyes glaze over and I lose the will to go on when I read these stupid lineage squabbles.

I think the best move for both sides here would be to just stop posting, but if you are going to insist on going on with this, at least do it without the personal insults.

These are personal attacks. There are probably other examples in here, but my eyes glaze over and I lose the will to go on when I read these stupid lineage squabbles.

I think the best move for both sides here would be to just stop posting, but if you are going to insist on going on with this, at least do it without the personal insults.

Hi Doug

I wont be posting anymore responses to Mark, every time I have responded to clearing my name, or the reason why we made a certain direction, Mark comes back with another wild false statement. I tried to not call names, or personal insults. This happens every holiday time with Mark and its the same row that gone on over many forums. I tried to answer whisky question and from that this has come out of it. I had thought Mark had use multiple names on this thread, and I was wrong as it was Glenn, which did add to the original confusion. Anyway as I said before I wish Glenn and Mark the best success with the seminar and hope they have many more....

Liam

Doug, this was my thread and Liam decided to horn in on it. Irish Fighter covered the Seminar detail last issue and I had no plans to return here, that is until Liam started his nonsense and Glenn too. So sorry about that- Either way I called Liam on his QUALIFICATIONS. I care not a jot about his lineage. It isn't connected to who teaches me. However. I can verify my grades and it seems a simple matter for Liam to post his and end this. Would you employ an unqualified person to do a job for you, especially one that required a certain skill? Of course not.

But to correct you on a point - the very guys that Liam is attacking - in particular William Sanders and also Glenn Peter Lobo - were his own teachers. Not mine - never met them - never studied their systems - but Liam did and now he's running them down. Don't you find that weird? He spent a fortune(so he says) bringing them in here, year after year - promoting them - feeding them in his house with his family etc etc. And in all that time they were bad men - ergo they taught him nonsense and so anything he learned from them - which he says was not good - means if he graded under them - which they both maintain he never did - must also be bad. If so, then he must be a very silly person - Would you want this person teaching you a Martial Art when he can't even get his own teachers verified. Contact them yourself if you want, all I've had in the past couple of years is ex-teachers and ex-students of Liam's turning up and telling me he's bogus. Anytime I ask Liam to prove otherwise - he does everything but.

Glenn was an idiot for what he did here. But I haven't spoken to him. Sanders I did speak to last Tuesday. Have no idea of what his group are up here in Ireland, don't train with them - did meet Tony Devey (Sanders Rep here in Ireland)briefly at Brian's recent seminar but we said hello and that was that. What SilatIreland are up to(Sanders Group) is their own affair. Tony Devey is the man to ask there.
    Post your grades Liam.

Just to clarify another of Liam's statements, last time we spoke was January 2014 on LinkedIn, there was another time here around that same time. Hardly every holiday Liam.

This is like that Monty Python sketch where the People's Front of Judea are arguing with the Judean People's Front about which group is the legitimate one.

. Irish Fighter covered the Seminar detail last issue and I had no plans to return here, that is until Liam started his nonsense and Glenn too. So sorry about that- Either way I called Liam on his QUALIFICATIONS. I care not a jot about his lineage. It isn't connected to who teaches me. However. I can verify my grades and it seems a simple matter for Liam to post his and end this. Would you employ an unqualified person to do a job for you, especially one that required a certain skill? Of course not.

But to correct you on a point - the very guys that Liam is attacking - in particular William Sanders and also Glenn Peter Lobo - were his own teachers. Not mine - never met them - never studied their systems - but Liam did and now he's running them down. Don't you find that weird? He spent a fortune(so he says) bringing them in here, year after year - promoting them - feeding them in his house with his family etc etc. And in all that time they were bad men - ergo they taught him nonsense and so anything he learned from them - which he says was not good - means if he graded under them - which they both maintain he never did - must also be bad. If so, then he must be a very silly person - Would you want this person teaching you a Martial Art when he can't even get his own teachers verified. Contact them yourself if you want, all I've had in the past couple of years is ex-teachers and ex-students of Liam's turning up and telling me he's bogus. Anytime I ask Liam to prove otherwise - he does everything but.

Glenn was an idiot for what he did here. But I haven't spoken to him. Sanders I did speak to last Tuesday. Have no idea of what his group are up here in Ireland, don't train with them - did meet Tony Devey (Sanders Rep here in Ireland)briefly at Brian's recent seminar but we said hello and that was that. What SilatIreland are up to(Sanders Group) is their own affair. Tony Devey is the man to ask there.
    Post your grades Liam.

Hi Mark I had really hope, not to have to post again, but really feel I need to clarified a few points on your post.

1. "Doug, this was my thread and Liam decided to horn in on it"

This is a forum, all I did was simply answer a question, that Whisky ask. I wasn't rude or insulting, just stating a fact.

2."But to correct you on a point - the very guys that Liam is attacking - in particular William Sanders and also Glenn Peter Lobo - were his own teachers. Not mine - never met them - never studied their systems - but Liam did and now he's running them down. Don't you find that weird? He spent a fortune(so he says) bringing them in here, year after year - promoting them - feeding them in his house with his family etc etc. And in all that time they were bad men - ergo they taught him nonsense and so anything he learned from them - which he says was not good - means if he graded under them - which they both maintain he never did - must also be bad. "

Mark I didn't come on to boards running Glenn or William done. If you bother to check your posts, you will see that you yourself attack, insulted and put up false statements about me and my connection to Sanders. You kept saying Sanders kicked us all out in 2007, even though he actually was in our club in 2008. i told you we found out in 2008 things about him, that he kept hidden, and based on that we left him. I have also provided the links to this. If we had actually known, what he was up to during 2002 - 2007 we would have left earlier. but this is not "Back to the future" movie we cannot read the future and can only act on information that we discover. Even when I explain all this you still went on and on, not excepting the facts or links.

3. "Contact them yourself if you want, all I've had in the past couple of years is ex-teachers and ex-students of Liam's turning up and telling me he's bogus".

The clue to this part is "ex" most of your info the past two years has come from Tony and Silatireland group who you seem not to want to talk about, even though you are in constant connection with. I actually have certificates, and you already have seen them, because in other forums, you have asked for them. I have told you time and time again, that you can walk in any of my classes or workshops and I will provide the proof you are asking for, but you won't. I have also put up online video s where International Instructors, expressed their views. Recently despite your call for people to boycott we had 82 adult students turn up to Guru Jak seminar and where they all hear and recorded Guru Jak talking about my qualifications and confirming them. During the weekend and as part of a 5 day day intensive instructor training session I was awarded "The Pendekar Title and Award which is the highest title honour that can be given out, not just by Guru Jak, but by the old Malay Guru's of their systems this award. I'm the first Irish person to ever reach that level. I have also letters and recommendations confirming my credentials from Silat teachers and Association around the world to clarified if I'm legit or not. You know this because on other forums teachers wrote in, after seeing your posts. I'm not bogus, but the irony of all this, since you keep calling me bogus is not once despite seeing it yourself on PCPS have you asked the question to Tony about his qualifications, and you connect quite regularly with him.

I teach Pukulan Cimande alongside Gayong Harimau and Valencia Lameco and now also able to teach Harimau Berantai. I havnt develop my own system, or my own techniques. I teach the art that was passed down to me and I now passed onto others. My door is always open, and students can learn if they want to or go to someone else, I really don't care or mind. I don't organised boycotts and I have said repetitively on this thread that I wish you and Glenn the very best for your workshop and development. You nor Glenn have never once been positive.

3. "Just to clarify another of Liam's statements, last time we spoke was January 2014 on LinkedIn, there was another time here around that same time. Hardly every holiday Liam."

No Mark, that's a complete lie. I actually cut and paste a part of a rant you had about the exact same topic on "Martial Arts cheats" that was in December 2014, recheck a few post back, and you will see it. You even admitted it was you. I was informed to keep a full record of all your contacts to me, posts and statements, when you look back the routine, timing and pattern is always the same.

So for the record once again. I wish you and Glenn the very best for your seminar. Send my regards to Brian and hope that you all have a great time learning silat. Lets move on Mark...

Put up your grades Liam. Name the Associations, Times and dates please. I want to contact them directly and verify them. I named mine here - why can't you? Is'nt that odd? Basic question I ask any Instructor - show me your grades - never a problem. Only too happy to show them. Sure what are you worried about, we're all friends here. Honest injun. You 're wrong - I only spoke to Tony just before last Christmas, he contacted me. Same as Sanders.Same as the rest of the lads, some I only met at Brian's seminar. Although I did pm Sanders at the LinkedIN time to ask if I should train with you and his answer was no. I told you before Liam. I heard about you from as far back as when I first went to the UK to study FMA. That was 2005. Which only verified what I knew when I met you in 2002.

Now when you banned me from attending Sea of Confusion - you also blocked me on FB - Martial Arts Cheats is on FB and I did name you there - but if you blocked me there and you still have - how do you know what I wrote? - oh yes - your famous multiple accounts David Brownlow et al/ Pathetic. As I recall I named you and a whole bunch of your ex students turned up to support that. Because you are a fake. The last time I spoke to you personally Liam was on LinkedIN. That WAS Jan 2014.

No L:iam - I saw no Certs - you have never displayed any - why the hell do you think I am asking for them? Don't bother with Sanders cert - it was revoked and he says you never graded under him. Glenn says you never graded under him or Jak - Felix - all you showed me is that old 2010 clip - sure Felix is nowhere- when did you last host him? Or grade with him? Oh yeah the napkin.

LOL - Sanders kicked you out Liam - fullstop. whether it was 07 or 08 who cares? He did and you saw his quote. Just post your grades - saves me a trip. Sure if you post them we can all check them here on this forum, won't that be fun?

You're right Doug - all this - all because he won't post a Grade. It's worse than sad. It's pathetic.

• Advertisement

So basically Murphd5 doesn't recognise Liam's rank, Liam doesn't recognise Murph's. Someone got upset about not being paid for a seminar, or being charged to much for a seminar, or something. Also some guy made videos that no one wanted to buy.

This thread is full of brand new accounts that post nowhere else, at least two of which are probably the same guy. You are all going on about something that no one outside your group cares about, and the people who do care most likely made their minds up on the matter long ago.

I don't really see the point in letting this thread go on.

Nope Doug,

My rank is a matter that anybody can check - I was graded on March 2012 by Massan Ghorbani of Master's Temple Bray to 1st Degree Black in Sin Moo Hapkido. It was also reported in Irish Fighter that year Issue 2 2012 on page 68. One of my fellow Instructors Richard Mulcahy got his 4th that day I didn't get awarded anything, I graded for it. You can also check through IMAC because Massan had me Garda vetted and here's the Number IMAC/Irish Gardai, License IMAC 41-20.

I have repeatedly asked Liam to just do that. Post and then I can check his Instructor credentials out. Like, what's the problem?
    Nobody is upset about Glenn's seminar - hasn't happened yet, I'm sure it will be fine too Liam. Tony and him are organising it, nothing to do with it myself. I'll attend it. Don't know about DVDs Doug, must be a Liam issue. My sole issue now is Liam's grades. Which still aren't posted. NO problem doing it with mine - Liam seems to be unable to do so in public - wants to meet - have coffee - discuss - anything but show them for verifcation.

Murph, the only people not involved in your dispute that posted here were saying that you should take it to PMs.

No one cares.

Now, as it's clear that no one wants to post about the actual seminar which doesn't seem to have any fixed dates yet, I am going to close the thread.

Don't bother posting here again until you get your act together, and if anyone on either side of this starts snipping with these stupid stories again they'll find themselves out on their arse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement