Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silat Seminar 2015

Options
  • 04-01-2015 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hello,

I just want to inform people that Guro Glenn Peter Lobo of Pukulan Langkah Mati will be conducting a Silat Seminar in Dublin 2015, the date is yet to be confirmed, likely around May. Also included will be a chance to experience Lightning Scientific Arnis. And the opportunity to do some bladework including kerambit. The seminar is open to all who wish to experience REAL Silat as taught by one of the main European practioners, teacher to many, a recognised and leading instructor with a verifable and recognised linage. Silat as taught by Glenn will have something for all Martial Artists of various styles, and includes some of the best locking and striking techniques around. So keep following this thread and Irish Fighter for more information on the Seminar and it's contents, Guru Glenn looks forward to meeting you and conducting an amazing seminar!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 talisurug

Murphd5 wrote: »
    Hello,

I just want to inform people that Guro Glenn Peter Lobo of Pukulan Langkah Mati will be conducting a Silat Seminar in Dublin 2015, the date is yet to be confirmed, likely around May. Also included will be a chance to experience Lightning Scientific Arnis. And the opportunity to do some bladework including kerambit. The seminar is open to all who wish to experience REAL Silat as taught by one of the main European practioners, teacher to many, a recognised and leading instructor with a verifable and recognised linage. Silat as taught by Glenn will have something for all Martial Artists of various styles, and includes some of the best locking and striking techniques around. So keep following this thread and Irish Fighter for more information on the Seminar and it's contents, Guru Glenn looks forward to meeting you and conducting an amazing seminar!

saw the article in Irish Fighter. Glenn is one of the top silat practitioners in Malaysia, so in Europe he is the main Malayan silat guy- teaching for over 30 years.. a wealth of knowledge and experience from the sources- he trained in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia!!

gonna make sure i am there.. any idea of dates there sir?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Murphd5

No worries - just been asked by the Instructor to help boost awareness for this Seminar, I know there is some Silat people out there so just trying to reach them - this is in aid of a new style coming to Ireland and just trying to get it off the boards. there will be more on related topics and I was here before, just forgot my details.

No worries - just been asked by the Instructor to help boost awareness for this Seminar, I know there is some Silat people out there so just trying to reach them - this is in aid of a new style coming to Ireland and just trying to get it off the boards. there will be more on related topics and I was here before, just forgot my details.

i remember reading before that Guru Glenn used to teach over here before, or in the North?
    would be good to get silat going properly with reputable people..from what i can see Glenn has the highest credentials!

i will keep an eye out for dates. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭gonko

It is going to be great having someone of Glenn's calibre over in Ireland. Truly one of the modern masters who is still practising and striving to make himself better all the time. Glenn taught in Ireland many years ago. But this time it is hoped that Glenn, and his style are cemented into the fabric of Silat in this country. He is extremely highly ranked in Malaysia as far as I am aware,and is incredibly well respected throughout the community.

I literally cannot wait to train with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Andrew H

I am looking forward to trying this style out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 wiskyjack

Wasn't guru lobo a student of prof jak othman who is advertised on boards as coming to ireland for a seminar.

Is this the same seminar or will guru lobo be teaching separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭silat liam

Hi Wisky Jack

Guru Glen Lobo was a student of Jak Othman in the 80's and is not connected to him. Professor Jak Othman has just finish a 5 day training trip to Dublin teaching his two styles Gayong Harimau and Harimau Berantai. I'm met and train with him in 1985 and is his Irish Representative of him and these two styles. Professor Jak made a public statement about some confusion over this connection, due to an article printed in Irish Fighters and clear the matter up. If you like to see more info on Professor Jak and his art you can check out www.facebook.com/urbansilat or you can contact him directly, I can give you his email address in a PM. You might be interested to know that Guru Cecep from "The Raid 2" is also coming to Dublin on Sun 17th May this is a Irish Exclusive and his first and only stop in Ireland. Will be a great day. If I can Help you in any other way please feel free to contact me.

There has never been any confusion for anyone except Jak and Liam.. Guru Glenn became instrutor under Jak in the 80's. read the story..Liam was Glenn's rpresentative in Ireland till his ego got too big and in the many years after Jak was deported Liam was good friends with Glenn. Jak introduced Glenn to Lincah where he stayed, since Jak was more interested in the money than teaching. some of you may still see that in him. Glenn still teaches the original Gayong harimau from then, but teaches mainly Lincah with bits from Pukulan Madura. i doubt Glenn would want to be associate with Jak.

Anyhow, if you look at Glen's pages you will see he has been given a title from the highest Maha guru in Malaysia- Pendekar negara..and is a Paduka.. so i doubt he needs recognition from Jak, since he has it from the Malaysian Government. it would be good if Liam acknowledged the contribution Glen made to Liam's training before Liams ego ran away with itself.. maybe ask Pat o'malley, Krishna Godhania and the rest who Liam threatened.. the top silat and arnis people in britain, and the one thing in common is that they all got screwed over by Liam..

There has never been any confusion for anyone except Jak and Liam.. Guru Glenn became instrutor under Jak in the 80's. read the story..Liam was Glenn's rpresentative in Ireland till his ego got too big and in the many years after Jak was deported Liam was good friends with Glenn. Jak introduced Glenn to Lincah where he stayed, since Jak was more interested in the money than teaching. some of you may still see that in him. Glenn still teaches the original Gayong harimau from then, but teaches mainly Lincah with bits from Pukulan Madura. i doubt Glenn would want to be associate with Jak.

Anyhow, if you look at Glen's pages you will see he has been given a title from the highest Maha guru in Malaysia- Pendekar negara..and is a Paduka.. so i doubt he needs recognition from Jak, since he has it from the Malaysian Government.

if you doubt Glens skills qualifications, ability, and deadly manner, why dont you turn up and see him in the flesh on My 9th..

it would be good if Liam acknowledged the contribution Glen made to Liam's training before Liams ego ran away with itself.. maybe ask Pat o'malley, Krishna Godhania and the rest who Liam threatened.. the top silat and arnis people in britain, and the one thing in common is that they all got screwed over by Liam..

Anyhow, if you look at Glen's pages you will see he has been given a title from the highest Maha guru in Malaysia- Pendekar negara..and is a Paduka.. so i doubt he needs recognition from Jak, since he has it from the Malaysian Government.

if you doubt Glens skills qualifications, ability, and deadly manner, why dont you turn up and see him in the flesh on May 9th..

it would be good if Liam acknowledged the contribution Glen made to Liam's training before Liams ego ran away with itself.. maybe ask Pat o'malley, Krishna Godhania and the rest who Liam threatened.. the top silat and arnis people in britain, and the one thing in common is that they all got screwed over by Liam..

• Advertisement

Hello Talisurug
    Thank you for your posts. You have made a number of statements about me, but that's nothing new as you have use other names on other forum preaching the same mantra and have been block / kicked off them. There is a number of facts which you completely wrong on, and since you refuse to come along to Jak seminar last weekend you will be unaware of a number of facts, stated by Guru Jak in front of the students.

1. Glenn actually tried to attend Guru Jak seminars in UK when there were first announce, and to get back training with Jak, but he was refused. This is on record, so to say Glenn had no interest in getting back to train than you are very mistaken.

2. You are correct Jak introduced Glenn to Lincah, as he no longer wanted to teach Glenn and felt the polite thing to do was pass him on to another teacher. I did not want to learn Lincah. I have never wanted to and told Glenn this when, I discovered he was passing off Lincah instead of teaching us what he was hire to do, which was teach Gayong Harimau.

3. You insult Guru Jak by saying he interested in money. Everyone I knows is interested in money, its how we live. We all work. However Guru Jak never holds back, and if he did that to you or your teacher, than that's more about you. Jak spent time last week freely giving out extra time to students, he went around visiting schools and talking about the role of martial arts and using it to help be a good student in school. He visited teenagers groups to help young girls deal with aggression. Were they charge? No, not one of them. Nor were any students who stayed beyond closing time, or came to my house for some intensive training, so another misinformation you put out.

4. Concerning Glenn contribution to my training, i will be brutally honest, it amounted to nothing, if memory serves me right, Every other teacher had something to offer, that I've have learnt from. I was very young around 18 and naive when I came a cross Glenn, he bluff to me about his credentials and his training background, but coming from a small village in the North I believed him. When I found the truth, when we received a letter from Malaysia, I drop him instantly. He did come back a couple more times, with another small group, who also left him after three more seminars because they also caught on. Nothing I teach comes from Glenn and nothing will in future. I'm glad you guys have connected, and wish you the very best in that journey.

5. Since you like to portrayed I'm the bad guy and nobody wants to support us, then if you look over the last couple of years and you will see a large list of well know names, Jak Othman, Doug Marcaida, Jeff Davidson, Parves Alam, Johnny Simon, Jason Cruz, Felix Valencia, Marc Denny and next Month Guru Cecep Rahman they have come to our club, they all support us. All these workshops were open to general public, nothing hidden. I used my real name, you on the other hand go around signing up to social media forums with different names (as you keep getting ban) then throwing out insults, yet the teachers keep coming to us, because we are about developing the art.

6. Finally, since you like throwing titles out. I was awarded the title of Pendekar by the Harimau Berantai Malay Guru's and is reconised throughout the silat world (you can verified this by checking out facebook). This was based on my skill as a teacher and the work that I have done for silat. This was done at a special ceremony in front of all the students last weekend. This is all on film.

I'm sorry Pat o'Malley and Krishna feet threaten, I must be alot tougher that I though. Every teacher including Glenn were paid very well for their services. They got the money they asked for, A top hotel and entertainment to their desires. None of them were rip off and in case of Pat and Krishna as requested paid in cash. Their problem was they were no longer required by me or my club and once their service weren't needed, they got unhappy. It is kind of funny you mention these two because we hired then for alternative seminars during the early 90's and they each complained about the other and we did host the European Championships in 1995 for Pat and I hired Krishna as my coach so he little for then to be bitter about...

I won't be replying to anything more on this, last week 82 students and 44 kids experience almost a week of Guru Jak, we all had a brilliant time and again you can see on facebook, how much everyone did. Jak is amazing, every seminar he did in UK had the same report. He was always smiling, helpful, informative and just a brilliant teacher. He be back again in Nov, and we all cant wait... But to show there no hard feeling tailsurug i will give you and a friend two free places for Guru Cecep seminar and you can asked them anything you want about me, or my work in Ireland for silat. Cant be fairer than that...Liam(my real name)

silat liam wrote: »
    Hello Talisurug
    Thank you for your posts. You have made a number of statements about me, but that's nothing new as you have use other names on other forum preaching the same mantra and have been block / kicked off them. There is a number of facts which you completely wrong on, and since you refuse to come along to Jak seminar last weekend you will be unaware of a number of facts, stated by Guru Jak in front of the students.

1. Glenn actually tried to attend Guru Jak seminars in UK when there were first announce, and to get back training with Jak, but he was refused. This is on record, so to say Glenn had no interest in getting back to train than you are very mistaken.

2. You are correct Jak introduced Glenn to Lincah, as he no longer wanted to teach Glenn and felt the polite thing to do was pass him on to another teacher. I did not want to learn Lincah. I have never wanted to and told Glenn this when, I discovered he was passing off Lincah instead of teaching us what he was hire to do, which was teach Gayong Harimau.

3. You insult Guru Jak by saying he interested in money. Everyone I knows is interested in money, its how we live. We all work. However Guru Jak never holds back, and if he did that to you or your teacher, than that's more about you. Jak spent time last week freely giving out extra time to students, he went around visiting schools and talking about the role of martial arts and using it to help be a good student in school. He visited teenagers groups to help young girls deal with aggression. Were they charge? No, not one of them. Nor were any students who stayed beyond closing time, or came to my house for some intensive training, so another misinformation you put out.

4. Concerning Glenn contribution to my training, i will be brutally honest, it amounted to nothing, if memory serves me right, Every other teacher had something to offer, that I've have learnt from. I was very young around 18 and naive when I came a cross Glenn, he bluff to me about his credentials and his training background, but coming from a small village in the North I believed him. When I found the truth, when we received a letter from Malaysia, I drop him instantly. He did come back a couple more times, with another small group, who also left him after three more seminars because they also caught on. Nothing I teach comes from Glenn and nothing will in future. I'm glad you guys have connected, and wish you the very best in that journey.

5. Since you like to portrayed I'm the bad guy and nobody wants to support us, then if you look over the last couple of years and you will see a large list of well know names, Jak Othman, Doug Marcaida, Jeff Davidson, Parves Alam, Johnny Simon, Jason Cruz, Felix Valencia, Marc Denny and next Month Guru Cecep Rahman they have come to our club, they all support us. All these workshops were open to general public, nothing hidden. I used my real name, you on the other hand go around signing up to social media forums with different names (as you keep getting ban) then throwing out insults, yet the teachers keep coming to us, because we are about developing the art.

6. Finally, since you like throwing titles out. I was awarded the title of Pendekar by the Harimau Berantai Malay Guru's and is reconised throughout the silat world (you can verified this by checking out facebook). This was based on my skill as a teacher and the work that I have done for silat. This was done at a special ceremony in front of all the students last weekend. This is all on film.

I'm sorry Pat o'Malley and Krishna feet threaten, I must be alot tougher that I though. Every teacher including Glenn were paid very well for their services. They got the money they asked for, A top hotel and entertainment to their desires. None of them were rip off and in case of Pat and Krishna as requested paid in cash. Their problem was they were no longer required by me or my club and once their service weren't needed, they got unhappy. It is kind of funny you mention these two because we hired then for alternative seminars during the early 90's and they each complained about the other and we did host the European Championships in 1995 for Pat and I hired Krishna as my coach so he little for then to be bitter about...

I won't be replying to anything more on this, last week 82 students and 44 kids experience almost a week of Guru Jak, we all had a brilliant time and again you can see on facebook, how much everyone did. Jak is amazing, every seminar he did in UK had the same report. He was always smiling, helpful, informative and just a brilliant teacher. He be back again in Nov, and we all cant wait... But to show there no hard feeling tailsurug i will give you and a friend two free places for Guru Cecep seminar and you can asked them anything you want about me, or my work in Ireland for silat. Cant be fairer than that...Liam(my real name)

ha ha you threaten.. no-one feels threatened by you dont worry.. congratulations on your "award". you are wrong about many things- Jak passing off Glenn to Lincah was not because he didnt want to teach him, and he offered Glenn to continue last time they met. Glenn refused, Jak got upset.. there were witnesses there too.but you will always have an answer to everything because it is easy to mislead people.. history of convenience. I heard Glenn try to contact Jak, he has no hard feelings, just knows the man for what he is. Jak didnt reply. bit rude. not refused.
    your history is not that straight. but you will continue to mislead.
    we have no interest in Javanese silat but thank you for your offer to see Cecep.. brobably best you dont come to Glen's seminar.. still sound bitter.

Hi Talisurug
    I havn't asked nor do I want to go Glenn Seminar, so he can be as twisted and bitter as he wants, that's not my problem. He was like that in the 80's. I only offer the places at Guru Cecep so you get to experience silat at this level Btw just to help you out in basic silat fundamentals you do know that one of the arts your own teacher claims he is learning / developing (or as he calls it when translated "River of many streams) is based in Cimande and that's actually comes from Java, hence its a Javanese art. Good luck with the seminar I hope it all goes well..

hey Liam.. have checked a few of your "facts" but as usual you are mixing up lies and your stories with reality.. bit like your training on here and actual silat training but anyway..
    just to clarify cos you got wrong end of stick as usual.. you sound bitter and twisted.. Glenn sounds reasonable almost all the time..
    you sound like rabid dog most of the time.. my own teacher trains in cimande arts? thanks.. i dont think he realised that. good job we have you to enlighten everyone.. with all your knowledge based on liffy water..

we will see the highest level silat, i am sure. how do i know? well you are apparently a pendekar, but you can hardly tie your own shoelaces.. Glen has more ability. has trained properly with the highest maha guru in the world and has been graded by him.
    i think its good you learned nothing from him.. he would be glad too.. then the arrogance you show is all from your current teacher? i thought so.
    since your last message was your one after last message, dont bother to carry on..your only Pendekar status comes from the keyboards..you are too lazy to do anything else!!

it is shocking and disappointing that the 2 people who gave you the most time and input, in Glen Lobo and William Sanders, are the 2 people you show the most venom towards.. says a lot about you..

there is a saying reminds me of you .. dont let the truth get in the way of your lies ha ha ha ha fits you perfectly!

as entertaining as this back and forth is, and my question about them being the same seminar is pritty much answered. the following jumped out at me
    talisurug wrote: »
    hey Liam.. .. my own teacher trains in cimande arts? thanks.. i dont think he realised that. good job we have you to enlighten everyone.. with all your knowledge based on liffy water..

i find this odd considering i found the following on Glenn lobos web page:

"Pencak Silat Pukulan Tendangan Madura - An Indonesian empty handed system. Pukulan means "to strike" and students need to acquire remarkable conditioning to allow training in punching and kicking drills designed to attack nerves and limbs, thus disenabling their use. The main, and possibly only and last, exponent of this art was Pa Flohr in Holland. Glenn was introduced to him by David Jennings from Australia, and traveled to meet him. He fell in love with the style, and was overawed by their friendship, honour, humour and humility. He was taken in by Ruud Luiken, who was one of the most senior students of Pa Flohr. Pa Flohr allowed Glenn to incorporate what he had learned in his training into his style. ( See article).

Pencak Silat Pusaka Sapu Jagat - This is a central Javanese art, combining techniques and principles from the 4 main/original styles of Indonesian Silat. Glenn traveled to Jakarta on a few occasions where he met and trained with the main exponent of this interesting style- Pak Endang MS."

???????????????

"Pa Flohr allowed Glenn to incorporate what he had learned in his training into his style"

&

Pencak Silat Pusaka Sapu Jagat - This is a central Javanese art, combining techniques and principles from the 4 main/original styles of Indonesian Silat

Is Goro Lobo's style just a hybrid silat of Malaysia and Indonesian sialt???

Hi Wiskyjack.
    Yes you are correct in that statement, Glenn training would be a hybrid. That wouldn't be uncommon in silat, as our understanding of styles, doesn't always sit on the format of styles we are use to, especially from Indonesia. There are approx 500 styles in Indonesia, some are small family styles and some would be much larger and form into Associations etc... Even Guru Jak style Harimau Berantai has roots in Java. There is a rich and a very long History of these arts and how many of them form, blended and interlock with each other into present day format. We spent each class at the start talking learning about the history of the Malay Arts with Guru Jak, and we still only scratch the surface.

Concerning the connection between Glenn and Jak, the only connection really is Glenn train under Jak in the late 80's, but continued under different teachers in different silat arts but not Gayong Harimau or Harimau Berantai which is what Jak teaches. If you go to my silat facebook page www.facebook.com/urbansilat you will see clips of Guru Jak and you check out Glenn Lobo on Youtube and you see a world of difference in what they teach. Then you simply make a choice of what you want to learn.

This is a example of difference.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fntioId2kL4 Glenn lobo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sf24cX-q54 Jak Othman

Anyother help I can give you please feel to ask or you can email me at guruliam@hotmail.com

Regards

talisurug wrote: »
    there is a saying reminds me of you .. dont let the truth get in the way of your lies ha ha ha ha fits you perfectly!

Hi Talisurug
    I love this quote by you.

1. Talisurug and Murphd5 who started this thread are actually the same person / group (Mr. Murphy) So in your opening posts, you are actually talking to yourself. You can actually see both join the forum at same time. I have never hid my name. Mr. Murphy has follow me through many forums and social media stating the same nonsense, and when get caught out it full blow into insults.

2. Concerning Mr. Sanders I left his Association along with 95% of his entire World Association of students and Instructors a number of years ago. You can checked this with Jeff Davidson and Jerry Jacobs his number 1 and Number 2 at that time, as they also left him. However during that time I was training under him, I did bring him to Ireland 16 times, which is 16 times more than you did. Mr. Sanders had some very bad personal habits that develop and this is not the place to discuss them, but they ended up result in the period where he lost his student base. He no longer teaches classes and does only 1 to 2 open seminars a year. He is now mostly an online reference to the art he teaches. However despite your misdirection I've have been contacted in private by members of the new PCPS and despite their offer I will not be coming back to that direction. They also told me of the situation in Ireland in how that not one single person in Ireland under the new format in 18 months have passed a single grade, nor have any student shown any development. Despite the claim of group no one in that group is qualified in anyway to teach Silat. I have that in writing from PCPS top instructor. At the weekend your Mr Sanders made this statement on his personal facebook page (and I cut and paste it) PUKULAN CIMANDE PUSAKA HAS A NEW POLICY , EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY IN REGARDS TO REPRESENTATIVES AND AFFILIATE SCHOOLS . NO COUNTRY OR SCHOOL WILL BE LISTED AS A REP , STUDY GROUP OR AFFILIATED SCHOOL UNTIL THE PERSON RUNNING THAT SCHOOL OR STUDY GROUP IS A TESTED AND GRADED STUDENT UNDER ME .SO AT THIS TIME THE ONLY COUNTRIES THAT QUALIFY OUTSIDE THE USA OF COURSE IS BRAZIL , AND RUSSIA . NO OTHER COUNTRY AT THIS TIME HAS A SCHOOL THAT MEETS THESE QUALIFICATIONS AND CAN NOT SAY THEY ARE A PCPS SCHOOL IN ANY WAY. IF YOU WANT TO REPRESENT PCPS THEN TEST AND PASS A GRADE AND THEN YOU CAN BE LISTED. ANY PREVIOUS PERMISSION PRIOR TO THIS DATE ARE INVALID. I HAVE BEEN WAITING ON A FEW TO GRADE AS PROMISED WHO NEVER DID SO NOW IT MUST BE DONE BEFORE WE LIST OR CONFIRM YOU . SO AGAIN , ONLY BRAZIL AND A FEW RUSSIAN SCHOOLS NOW MEET THAT REQUIREMENT AND WE ARE VERY PROUD OF THEIR ACCOMPLISHMENTS . THANK YOU . PENDEKAR SANDERS .

So Mr. Murphy how come the group Silatireland which you are working with to bring Glenn Lobo have been kicked out by PCPS the teacher you claim supported you? What are the actual qualifications of the person teaching this group? that you are linked to, as under me he only got to Apprentice Instructor and in writing PCPS have stated never qualified anyone from this group. I offer you an opportunity to train with Jak you refuse, I offer you a chance to train with Cecep you refuse instead you partake in running around social media pouring insults. Stop posting under different names and come clean, and just go and study what you want and enjoy it. We all had a smashing time with Guru Jak, and maybe later in the year the offer is still on the table, and you be more than welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PadukaGlenn

And so i have to come on another forum to deal with people frothing at the mouth and making comments about me, my skills, and trying to make mileage from trivia.

contradictory no.. I have learned Pusaka Sapu Jagat. do I teach it? not openly. pukulan Madura? not really. Lincah yes. Gayong Harimau, as taught to me, yes.

I have evolved what I do to suit where I am located and the wants and needs of the people I teach. can I teach it like it is done in Malaysia? yes. do I? sometimes. I prefer to teach a more relaxed class. we still do basics we still do a lot of things the way it is done in Malaysia so that when people see it it still looks like the mother art. is the way I do things different to Jak? possibly. when I last saw him and trained with him, and when he asked me to teach Gayong Harimau for him because he had been told by his guru he wasn't supposed to teach it... its the same..

in 1987 he introduced me to Lincah. I trained with them from MY choice. I was not refused or rejected by Jak. it has definitely been the other way. did I contact him this year? yes. I have no real issue with his skills. I wouldn't choose him as my teacher any more, but a seminar would have been harmless. so it was an attempt to reconnect and show interest. do I need to learn from Jak? of course not.. there are other people other styles and other methods I could easily train in but despite everything I still have some respect for the teaching I have had from Jak and the time we had pre 1987. after that it kinda degenerated, but I have moved on very successfully so didn't feel it wrong to try to mend some fences. clearly that will be misconstrued and used as some form of validation.
    You draw an interesting and funny comparison between Jak and i in terms of movement, jak working on technique, me working on a skill or a drill. they are not direct comparison. why dont you show jak doing one of his techniques, you showing the same one, and i will do the same, any from the first 2 levels of Gayong Harimau, and then, if anyone wants to compare, they have a direct comparison- comparing like for like!

WiskyJak- there is a difference between what I do, and what I have been permitted to do and teach. I teach Lincah traditionally, and in a methodology I believe makes it easier to teach in the west, and in a way that I find more applicable for a street scenario which is most peoples objective- self defence.. I also show my students how I use it personally with the different influences I have had giving people different options that may or may not suit their personalities and objectives.

as for Sapu jagat, its another style to which I have been introduced. it has more effect on what I do than the 4 years of my teaching Liam had on him but is not in any way an integral part of what I do. I view it now as something I do to keep me fresh, when I need something different to challenge and excite and stimulate me. So is my style a hybrid of Malaysian and Indonesian silat? No. part of training is to evolve, develop and grow. I have done that, so some of what i teach holds true to the techniques i have learned, and some is an adaptation for what i want to be able to achieve with my skill sets.

so now wiskyJack, if you have any questions, you can ask me direct, as you could have done before, or you can continue to try to create discord on a forum. I prefer to have a positive influence on the world in which i live, and to try to live my the tenets of my art which i hope you also read while trying to look for weaknesses in what i do.. humility, honour, respect, loyalty, friendship. choose the path that best shows your character.

Hello. Murphd5 here, or Mark Murphy if you prefer - my name I use in the username, I don't use any other account Liam, there may be an older one, but I can assure you this will be the only one I actually use, I have idea who Talisurug is, they seem to know you as a liar and a fake so that's good enough for me. Wiskyjack sounds like a mate of yours or probably you under another identity, you go in for that a lot I believe, I heard about your multiple ones on FB. I just use one. Wiskyjack, read Irish Fighter it gave full details.

Just to clear up your other misconceptions, I am not working with SilatIreland, have spoken a lot with Tony and William Sanders recently, as recently as last week with Sanders, what he does and with whom is his business. I do not study under him. Ask him yourself. Or his students here. I study under Brian Kennedy who in turn studies under Max Greene.
    I allign myself with anybody who teaches Silat properly and is qualified to do so. Glenn certainly is, so I will promote him. Glad to hear about your seminar, we were busy ourselves at Max's seminar, which was before your one, it was the first Grading seminar and Max graded a bunch of us and will be back later this year for the next one. We had fun dealing with a very excellent exponent of Silat, who, unlike some, could actually do his Art and has no material that was he unprepared to teach with full explanation as to the source, again unlike some who fobbed his students off with 'advanced material' that he couldn't teach them. I suggest it was because you couldn't do the moves. Sanders and Glenn have both said you were a rather mediocre student.

Great you see you're finally teaching a proper system, pity you're only after starting after a 15 year hiatus, how does that work? First you with Jak, then Sanders, etc,etc, and now back with Jak, do you ever actually bother to fully learn ANY system you ...try... to learn. great on the AWARD, not earned of course and not graded for, but hey it used to cost Elvis a few bob to get his off Parker too, so hopefully yours didn't cost too much.

I do fear for Jak's Art though, you never graded under him, you never graded under Sanders or Glenn either, so to ask you yet again, WHO graded you? Sanders said to remind you everything that he gave was because you cried in your beer for a cert so you could make money for yourself. Aww. You should also tell all your guys that graded under Sanders that they have no grades either, all null and void.

You mention so many teachers over and over again, but really how many have been back to see you? Krishna was with us last year for a Sayoc seminar. Jak was in the UK anyway so I think you jumped on the bandwagon. Like I said I fear for Jak's Art, is he going to be back over to supervise gradings? He'd have to be because I wouldn't have you grade an egg. But we'll see how long this lasts. Hey. no Felix? How's that going for you? Try training Liam and earning a grade.

• Advertisement

Wow is all I can say... I see the traditional art form of 'we practice the same arts but mine is better than yours' is still alive and kicking.

For the record I don't know who any of you are and now I'm not sure if I want to. I asked a question out of an ignorance of silat. My second post was to question talishrugs post(rant).

Mr murphy would your last post not have been better trying to get this thread (your thread) back on track instead of continuing the mud slinging. And the fact that you have not interjected until now would lead me to believe that silatliam may be correct, that you and talishrugs are one and the same. As if this were my thread I would have stepped in sooner.

And my name is micheal and not silatliam. If I was his alias do you not think I would have posted in one of his other threads previous to this.

I'd invite you all to think before you blindly throw out accusations.

Hello Mark, I don't know who whiskyjack is, and I leave that up to him to declare this, but if you check his back post, you see topic that anyone know me, will know I'm not connected to, however both you and Talisurug join boards at the same time, post only on same thread and write in the exact same manner and also the same way you did on Martial arts cheats, facebook, twitter, texts and emails all these I kept a record of, as you are one of my biggest fans.

1. Mark one minute, you are saying, that what Sanders does is his business then the next you are quoting him. If Mr Sanders thought I was a mediocre than that's a bit disappointing, that after 10 Years training under him and after grading (witness) and getting 4 instructors certs at different periods over 6 years frame up to Guru Besar (The highest in his system) and after all the students in Ireland who by the way actually physically trained and graded in Dublin with Mr. Sanders (on video) that I and all the students I taught were still mediocre? but that's ok if you and he feels that way.. Mark since you are a very active supporter of Silatireland I asked you a very simple question who exactly graded the leader of the group? They make claims about their qualifications and Representation yet PCPS have put in writing that none of them attempted a single grade, or shown any development in PCPS, and posted a public statement at the weekend, saying no one or group outside of Brazil or Russia are qualified, yet they still advertise to the Irish public they are following Mr. Sanders and sanction by him. I don't remember them hosting their teacher Mr Sanders even once, how was their training conducted in Ireland? Was it done by watching dvd's? Because not once did they actually train with Mr. Sanders face to face on the material they were teaching, yet charge students in Ireland to learn it. Yet you never say anything about that. So in your eyes is thats ok.. I never qualified the leader of the group at any time to be a Guru, the certificate he got was "Guru Baharu" which means "Apprentice Instructor" which he got on 3rd attempt. So I'm at a lost where suddenly out of nowhere he became a fully qualified Guru.

You post about me not bringing back my teachers. Even Glenn who I no longer train with I brought to N.Ireland 9 times you havnt even done it once yet. I brought Krishna about 7 or 8 times, Pat O'Malley 8 times, Felix who I spoke to a couple of months ago about bringing him back to Ireland 3 times and most of his trips were not just for a day trip in and out. Richard de Bordes 5 times Sanders 16 times and many other, so I have a pretty decent record of bringing people back. If I was to bring all the teachers I learnt from every year, there be a seminar every couple of weeks lol. Do you really believe that there is a club in Ireland that could host an International seminar every 3 weeks?

3. "great on the AWARD, not earned of course and not graded for, but hey it used to cost Elvis a few bob to get his off Parker too, so hopefully yours didn't cost too much. "

well Mark I do have to give you credit you're the first and only be grudger about my award. The past week over 250 congratulation emails and messages from every part of the Silat world and yet in "Mark World" you are the only one that scorns it. typical small mindfulness. Instead of thinking the good I can do now for silat and the recognition it gives Ireland inside Silat, you look for the worse. Here is the reason why I got the award and who presented me with my award https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUiGKtz0qCw from Guru Jak and the Harimau Berantai Clan...

4."'advanced material' that he couldn't teach them" lol we teach advance material all the time, how else would students qualified. However there no point in showing someone advance material, if they don't know you to do a proper Jab Cross, or when the advance classes are on, instead of being in the class their sitting in a pub, watching a football match instead of training, so can't fathom that one. Every student develops as long as they put in the work and they turn up to train.. If you want you can come along to the next advance class and see how we teach it, you be more than welcome...

5."WHO graded you? Sanders said to remind you everything that he gave was because you cried in your beer for a cert so you could make money for yourself. Aww."

This is my fifth time repeating this across to you on different forum. First I don't drink, so no crying in beer lol but seriously man, you need to do more research on this...When I met Sanders and all the way to 2006 I didn't make money or a living from Martial Arts, I had my own business in the North which actually sponsor Mr Sanders trips lol 99.9% of my income from 1998 to 2006 came from my work outside of Martial Arts. Even now despite earning most of my income 90% outside of teaching traditional silat, i still give all my free time helping adults learn silat. Even your teacher Brian i give loads of time to free of charge in class and his late night phone calls to me about his training, when he couldn't fathom something . So my friend as I told you before you need to research more. Mr Sanders was actually the one (and even now when you see his facebook page) is all about money.. money for keris, money for online training, money for dvd's, money for trinkets..one minute he teaching Silat, than Irish stick, than Italian Knife, than it Russian whip all the time, send me money even a few months back students were asked to send money as a xmas present money money money... yet not once have you mention this and you question why we left... on that part here is a clip from Guru Jeff Davisdon Mr Sanders top student before he left and his views on me, at the Sea of Fusion South East Asian Martial Arts Festival in Dublin where over 12 countries were represented at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXph4zLK5V4

5. Concerning Felix and if I'm graded under him, then here is a personal message from Guro Felix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDDVwaJalMg

Finally congratulations Mark on bringing Max and grading under him, I wish you all the best in that continual development and with your seminar with Glenn. Its not my cup of tea, but there are many ways to the mountain top. Guru Jak is coming back to Ireland later this year, and we will be promoting his art alongside Urban Silat..

WhiskyJack,Michael no idea who you are, if you are a genuine person or not, Irish Fighter has covered Glenn twice now and given the time and date etc of the seminar, go buy a copy OR contact Glenn directly, that would be him as PadukaGlenn. I don't bother with the practise of chasing down aliases and this will be one of the very few times I'll post in here, generally the people I train under have access to Irish Fighter and so can promote themselves - I'm just doing a favour. Irrespective of your views - it's not my seminar, but if you want to train with Glenn then see him. Judge for yourself. If you go to a Liam seminar, you don't get Liam teaching, you get the Jak/Cecep whomever. They do and can teach. Liam does something like film the seminar so he can make a few off somebody else's work. But you are an adult so - go train with hm or Liam.

This is a guy that promotes other teachers - I would never argue that with you Liam, yes, you have brought people in - and what? I do seminars with teachers that have a system that I study in and the people that bring them in teach those Arts because they're qualified to. Mostly I train with my teachers though, kind of how I thought that works. Nice clip of Felix, back in 2010 - what's he done since? When did he last grade you or anybody in HIS system. I doubt you ever did - he said he certified you ( would that be the napkin?) A cert is not a grade. But do post it and I'll check it out with Felix. Due dilligence. When did you have Mark Denny back or Krishna - Pat et al.? When you have another Sea of Fusion? Who cares. Who will grade your students - you? You don''t know all of Jak's system. Best of luck with that. But what were you doing for the past 15 years. Stange behaviour towards your teacher. Yep Great system Teach, pardon me if I do my own or with Sanders et al for the next 15. What a ringing endorsement. I never remember you saying anything about Jak when I was there. it was all Sanders back then. Funny how times change.

I told you to talk to SilatIreland directly. You can read. I don't train with them. I quote Sanders to make a point Liam, that is called referencing - that is not however, a plan of what Sanders is doing or his people. Ask him/them yourself. My teacher is here and his teacher graded us, like ALL of my teachers.

So you made no money? I have the newsletter from your club back in 2002 I think, All those prices you charged for 'training aids' I have the Club T-shirt, did you pay Sanders for all that, that Keris seminar I attended that you ran, total muck. What about the advance instructor training course? What about the one you run on your website? Who got paid for that? Who got paid for the DVD of Felix? Him or you? Will you stop with the nonsense. Who had to charge kids an extra rate to train with the masters at Fusion or did they not pay enough with the entry fee? And who did grade you. I refer to Irish Fighter when you showed your AWARD of Guru Besar. That's what it says. Funny I never remember seeing any other AWARD before or after that. Never heard of you grading. Ever. Mine is in there. Tell you what - name the grading bodies and I'll phone and see. Mine is the Daigokan. Oldest Kenpo club in Ireland. Massan is out in Bray and well you know Brian. Put up or shut up.

I need research,really. I'm talking to your ex-instructors what more research do I need? I have your ex-students telling me about your behaviour, there you are alluding to some nonsense over Sanders, you did it with Glenn. You slagged off your old students, well we welcomed them, and they're doing fine. I see young Stefan was training with Danny and Alvin. Must have gotten sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

PandukaGlen and talisurug, would you mind explaining why you guys are posting from the same computer?

PandukaGlen and talisurug, would you mind explaining why you guys are posting from the same computer?

Since Glenn is based in Luton, I don't think there be a big group of silat people living in the same house in Luton all using the same computer who are connected to me, I say you can be pretty sure that both of them are the same person i.e Glenn Lobo, which now when you re read all the post on this thread makes both Glenn and Mark look a bit silly. They work together on other forums / social media but didn't expect Glenn to go to the level to use multiple names and talk about himself..

So in summary if we look back at this thread. Mark Murphy joins boards to promote Glenn seminar a few hours later Glenn joins boards and pretends he is a student (Talisurug) and is interested in going to the seminar, and praise Glenn the instructor (who actually himself self praise to the Max). Both Mark and Glenn send posts to each other praising Glenn

Then whisky asks a simple question about the connection between Jak and Glenn. I come on and try to explain there not connected. Suddenly Glenn under his alias comes on attacking both whisky for daring to ask a question about Glenn, and then gets at me about my abilities and reputation and how come i didn't show enough respect to Glenn ( which is himself) along with various other slurs. Then Glenn joins boards as himself and posts about how he tired of getting caught up in these rows and that deep down he is a man, about truth and respect as that's is his path, and that whisky shouldn't ask questions on forum but instead post them directly in private mail to him. Even though the previous few post Glen under his alias has been throwing rants and slurs.

Then a few hours later Mark returns claiming he doesn't know who Talisurug is yet is in close connection to Glenn almost daily and co promoter of Glen seminar and then goes on his own rant about how I'm at fault for bringing over different teachers, then a few hours I'm at fault for not bringing them back, can't win either way. Then I'm not qualified under Sanders, yet I have the certs. Then Mark is asked a simple question, since qualifications are a big thing and he is in touch with Sanders constantly, then what are the qualification of the guy in Dublin who bringing Glenn over, as he advertising he qualified in Indonesian Silat, but bringing over a teacher of Malay Silat (who didnt realised fully that some of his art is actually indonesian it seems) anyway getting back to the seminar host Mark its seems feels that its ok not to have any qualification or certification to teach silat or even have train with the Master(Mr Sanders) himself, but in another part of Dublin its seems he feels it's really wrong to have actually trained under the same Master (Mr Sanders) for 10 years and graded under him directly in person. What a confusing few days lol..To keep people away from thinking that the seminar host has no silat qualification, he tries to misdirect the whole thread by making as many wild statements as he can about me.

So its no wonder silat is in the mess it is in this country, and maybe now when people can see the split personalities and nature of the posts from Glenn they can work out if they want to train with that or not. This type of nonsense went on with him in the 80's, that's why I walk away from it and went to other teachers. Because of the instantaneous of social media wasn't available in the 80's it did take a while for us to catch on back then..

Mark and Glenn as I said before I wish you guys the very best in your development. There is no need to come on a forum and talk about yourself in the 3rd party or self praise to try and generate interest pretending to be a student. All this thread has done has prove to people that silat is full of negativity.. I hope this ends this now. Promote the seminar properly and success will come.

I giuess you must be as stupid as you look Liam. I outlined from the start that I do not speak for Glenn or Sanders, if Glenn has been silly and been playing games more fool him, last time I spoke to Glenn was on FB on the 10th of February. Last time I spoke to Sanders was last Tuesday, which I believe I did say from the onset, I laid out my position clearly, I train with Brian under Max. I will support Glenn, despite his act here - he is still better qualified than you.

Again you mention Sanders - so here's something Sanders said to me a while ago. As of Dec 2014 on FB.

Mark if he shows mine , you know what to say , cancelled in 2007 , I tossed him out AND told him anyone who went with him was stripped of any rank from me as well , so that in the South was EVERYONE . I bet he never passed that around . 2 He will show you a cert from Deboards , but if its the one I saw, its a seminar cert as a rep NOT a rank . He never took a single test in his life and even from me he was gifted his rank with out any tests at all .

and there you have it. Sanders stating the truth. I presume Deboards is Richard.
    So in conclusion, no grades from Jak, none from Glenn, None from Sanders, none from Richard, AWARDS that have been revoked. Except this last one. Good fun with that.

The moderator Doug, can verify if I have pm'd anybody - my IP address is constant. For the record I haven't.

I have recieved a PM from you Liam. Needless to say my response is as above.

I giuess you must be as stupid as you look Liam. I outlined from the start that I do not speak for Glenn or Sanders, if Glenn has been silly and been playing games more fool him, last time I spoke to Glenn was on FB on the 10th of February. Last time I spoke to Sanders was last Tuesday, which I believe I did say from the onset, I laid out my position clearly, I train with Brian under Max. I will support Glenn, despite his act here - he is still better qualified than you.

Again you mention Sanders - so here's something Sanders said to me a while ago. As of Dec 2014 on FB.

Mark if he shows mine , you know what to say , cancelled in 2007 , I tossed him out AND told him anyone who went with him was stripped of any rank from me as well , so that in the South was EVERYONE . I bet he never passed that around . 2 He will show you a cert from Deboards , but if its the one I saw, its a seminar cert as a rep NOT a rank . He never took a single test in his life and even from me he was gifted his rank with out any tests at all .

and there you have it. Sanders stating the truth. I presume Deboards is Richard.
    So in conclusion, no grades from Jak, none from Glenn, None from Sanders, none from Richard, AWARDS that have been revoked. Except this last one. Good fun with that.

Mark once again making up more nonsense now you're claiming I was toss out of PCP in 2007 and stripped of my rank, and that he cancel all the students gradings in the south. If that true than maybe you can explain if I was by you kicked out by sanders in 2007 what was he doing at my club in 2008? which we have on video and again grading my students. Here is the air ticket below that I bought for him.

You post that you havnt been in contact with Glenn since 10th Feb thats another false statement is this not you facebook connecting with glenn on March the 19th poking fun at Guru Jak on silatireland facebook page?

Glenn How is it that a guy who claims to teach silat throughout the world actually doesnt advertise it in his academy at home?
    2 people like this.

Mark Murphy Because he doesn't .
    March 16 at 9:47pm

Glenn Peter Lobo how can he claim to be the only person teaching authentic Malaysian silat? how deluded can one man be? go to his seminars and find out!! or better still come to mine and learn from someone whose credentials are recognised by the Malaysian Government
    March 19 at 6:24pm

Glenn Peter Lobo maybe people should explain my certificate below to them?
    March 19 at 6:48pm

Mark Murphy People need to do their own homework, I do and did with ANY teacher - ask questions - do not take their word - check out their Associations and teachers. The onus is on the would be students, people need to exercise their minds and do some homework.

Mark I really do think you're getting me mix with up with silatireland. You make wild false accusations at me, yet at same time go training alongside a guy you know has pretended to be graded as a Guru (I have my cert) who at the weekend was kicked out, and I know you saw the post on PCPS facebook page as you name is there as view post, yet you don't say anything wrong with that.

Here Mark is the airticket number and reference for Mr Sanders who you claim threw me out in 2007.. will i send you the email thanking us for the seminar and how much he enjoyed the falconery trip we put on for him on the Friday? Silatireland who claim there are learning his system, never brought him once and instead jump ship and brought a completely different teacher, and you talk about respect

FW: Seat Selection confirmation for PNR Ref: 26GKL2‏

FW: Seat Selection confirmation for PNR Ref: 26GKL2
    Actions
    liam mcdonald 28/03/2008 Keep this message at the top of your inbox
    To: William Sanders

> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 07:21:42 +0000
    > From: seatingen@aerlingus.com
    > To: GURULIAM@HOTMAIL.COM
    > Subject: Seat Selection confirmation for PNR Ref: 26GKL2
    >
    > This is your seat selection email
    > ==========================================================
    > **IMPORTANT - YOU MUST BRING THIS EMAIL WITH YOU TO CHECK IN
    > ** WEB Check-in - Save yourself time at the airport and check-in online from the comfort of your home or office. Web Check-in is available for passengers on all routes except from Continental Europe, Newcastle or Edinburgh. Log on to www.aerlingus.com and click on "Manage Booking" from the home page to Check-in in advance.
    > **AVOID THE QUEUES WITH "FASTPASS" SELF-SERVICE CHECK-IN**. FastPass is now available at the following airports: Dublin, Cork, London Heathrow, Belfast, Shannon and New York (JFK) for all Aer Lingus flights. Click on our Demo to see how easy it is.
    > http://www.aerlingus.com/FastPass
    > HERTZ for the best deals in car-hire click http://www.hertz.co.uk/part/site/aerlingus/index.cfm
    > ==========================================================
    >
    > *************************************
    > * *
    > * BOOKING REF: 26GKL2 *
    > * *
    > *************************************
    >
    > DATE: 28MAR08
    >
    > Dear MR WILLIAM SANDERS
    >
    > This is a Ticketless flight. You are required to present the first page of this email at check-in to receive your boarding card. Your booking reference is shown above
    > You will also need the following to check-in for your flight
    > -1- Travel within Ireland: photo identification for each adult travelling (see details below).
    > -2- International travel: valid passport and visa (where required).
    > All EU passport holders visiting the United States require an individual machine-readable passport to avail of the U.S. Visa Waiver Programme. Otherwise an advance visa is required from a U.S. Diplomatic or Consular Mission.
    > Irish and UK citizens do not require a passport for travel between Ireland and the UK but must bring photo identification (see details below).
    >
    > The only forms of photo identification accepted for Irish domestic, UK domestic, and travel between Ireland and the UK are the following;
    > 1. Valid passport
    > 2. Drivers licence with photo
    > 3. International student card
    > 4. National ID card
    > 5. Bus pass with photo
    > 6. Work ID with photo
    >
    > If you have a paper ticket, it must be presented at check-in.
    >
    > ITINERARY:
    >
    > ================================================================
    > MR WILLIAM SANDERS
    > ================================================================
    > AER LINGUS EI 144 S/ECONOMY CLASS CONFIRMED
    > DEP LOS ANGELES WED 23APR08 4.15PM
    > LAX -TERMINAL B - TOM BRADLEY INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL
    > ARR DUBLIN THU 24APR08 10.15AM
    > Seat Number/s:32H
    >
    > AER LINGUS EI 145 W/ECONOMY CLASS CONFIRMED
    > DEP DUBLIN MON 28APR08 10.55AM
    > ARR LOS ANGELES MON 28APR08 2.05PM
    > LAX -TERMINAL B - TOM BRADLEY INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL
    > Seat Number/s:33H
    >
    > All Times Local
    > SEAT ALLOCATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE FOR OPERATIONAL REASONS
    >
    > Ticket Number 0532438378728 Date of Ticket Issue: 19FEB08

Mark you need to get a life and stop worrying and focusing on me. Every time you make false statements you get caught out. You should focus on what you have and develop it and stop running around teachers trying to dig up gossip.It not helping your case in any way. This goes on every holiday time, you go off on one. This idea that you and Glenn put together that to promote his seminar by talking in the 3rd person was a dumb idea, you been found out, so give it up. Start promoting it properly and it will grow, I keep telling you this.

• Advertisement

We responded to a post on SilatIreland's page ie Tony, that was it look at the timestamps you idiot - WOW 4-5 posts over two days That's your idea of a conversation? - I have had no direct conversation with Glenn since 10th Febuary. Personally I thought he was referring to you not Jak. Your association with Sanders in contrast to what YOU say - your quote.

This is my fifth time repeating this across to you on different forum. First I don't drink, so no crying in beer lol but seriously man, you need to do more research on this...When I met Sanders and all the way to 2006 I didn't make money or a living from Martial Arts, I had my own business in the North which actually sponsor Mr Sanders trips lol 99.9% of my income from 1998 to 2006 came from my work outside of Martial Arts.

2006/2008? - he says 2007 - I tend to believe him. As is stands - you were part of his Association and he ended it. BTW where is your grades? I asked for the names of the Grading bodies you apparently graded under. Please name them - I want to phone them and see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement