Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 key lifestyle changes to lose weight

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

You don't have to have breakfasty foods for breakfast

My boyfriend is going to eat a leftover pork chop for breakfast tomorrow. :D Sure, why the hell not?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Great tip that I was given (but have yet to act upon). I have tried many times to do the whole porridge thing but always end up Starving 2 hours later. Add a tablespoon of homemade almond (or whichever nut you like) butter to it to keep you going a lot longer.

I've realised, slowly, overtime, that while I crave ALL the carbs, I really need a lot of protein amd need to balance my carb intake. Craving-wise I could live on good white break butter cheese and pickles.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Bruno26

yellow hen wrote: »
    Grain? So bread, cereal etc?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Definitely try counting calories using e.g. myfitnessplan. It's fine if it's not sustainable for you in the long term, but if you strictly record everything (and make sure portions sizes are correct) for at least a couple of weeks, you'll start to see where you're using the most calories, and what foods/meals are better "value" for your calories. You'll probably be surprised at how high calories some foods are, and how low-calorie and filling others are. The app will also give you a breakdown of macronutrient content for each food/meal/day.

Drink more water.

Get at least your five portions of fruit/veg a day, with the emphasis being very much on veg. If eating fruit, go for berries if possible.

Eat as little processed food as possible (that includes bread, pasta, etc.) Instead, fill your plate with plenty of filling veg. When shopping for meat, avoid anything breaded or in sauce - instead, make the sauce yourself so you know exactly what's going into it.

Plan the following days meals the night before. Ideally write them all down, and update your plan if you deviate from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

The biggest change for me has been stopping eating cereals ie wheat, oats, rice. I did this last May, I lost 5lbs and they're still off.

I can't do the little and often, I can't bear calorie counting and constantly thinking about food. So my husband and I did it together and we eat lots and lots of veg or salad with meat or fish for lunch and dinner. I rarely feel hungry so I rarely need to snack. I eat 2 eggs every morning at 8 and that keeps me going until lunch at 12 and dinner is usually around 7.30. If I need a snack I'll have some almonds or a little fruit.

I don't get low blood sugar anymore, I don't always feel like I need to lose weight and I'm not watching what I eat the whole time.

I do eat bread or rice or pasta the very odd time and I still eat some sweet things but in general I try to stick to not eating cereals or grains.

• Advertisement
Advertisement