Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled games and Double gameweeks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sturridge owner here already. Think i may well end up going with 3 'Pool and Chelsea for gw34.

2x -4 hits should do the job (one for gw33, one for gw34)

would leave me with this for dgw34:

Mignolet
    Ivan Schlupp Alderweireld
    Fabregas Sterling Hazard Silva
    Aguero Kane Sturridge

Johnny Walters(H vs Sunderland) as first sub or instead of Kane(A vs Southampton) if i'm feeling particularly ballsy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭G1032

Current team. 2FT.

Panti, Hamer
    Ivanovic, Bertie, Bellerin, Hutton, Dawson
    Sanchez, Hazard, Mane, Coutinho, Albrighton
    Aguero, Kane, Benteke

GW32 – Hutton -> Schlupp

GW33 – Benteke -> Murray and Bellerin to Baines.
    I’ll leave Remy because I don’t really want 3 Chelsea player v United. This leaves me with 10 outfield players for GW33 excluding Albrighton

GW34 – No idea what to do yet. Sell Murray at home v Hull for Remy away v Arsenal, Leicester. I’m not so sure about the merits of that. I could do Panti – Mignolet?? I could do Mane to Sterling leaving me with both Steling/Couthino. Not sure about the merits if that either. I can’t bring in Sturridge without selling Sanchez and I’m not sure I want to either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Jose's press conference at 12.30 will be watched with interest re Remy/Costa.

Hope somebody asks him about his plans for the DGW! :)

http://www.chelseafc.com/videos/live-press-conference.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

My head hurts. Need a spreadsheet to manage all this ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Here ya go. The colour codes might be a bit off since I haven't updated the the rankings in a few weeks but all the blank/double gameweeks should be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

G1032 wrote: »
    Current team. 2FT.

Panti, Hamer
    Ivanovic, Bertie, Bellerin, Hutton, Dawson
    Sanchez, Hazard, Mane, Coutinho, Albrighton
    Aguero, Kane, Benteke

GW32 – Hutton -> Schlupp

GW33 – Benteke -> Murray and Bellerin to Baines.
    I’ll leave Remy because I don’t really want 3 Chelsea player v United. This leaves me with 10 outfield players for GW33 excluding Albrighton

GW34 – No idea what to do yet. Sell Murray at home v Hull for Remy away v Arsenal, Leicester. I’m not so sure about the merits of that. I could do Panti – Mignolet?? I could do Mane to Sterling leaving me with both Steling/Couthino. Not sure about the merits if that either. I can’t bring in Sturridge without selling Sanchez and I’m not sure I want to either.

Id change your gw 33 options.
    Murray for a week makes little sense: even vardy from leicster least plays 33 and dgw 34.
    Also i think makes more sense bring in terry over baines from a ff point of view.
    Then if gw 34 you bring in sterling for mane or even henderson for albrighton?
    Leaves you about 7 dgw

skippy15 wrote: »
    Murray for a week makes little sense: even vardy from leicster least plays 33 and dgw 34.
    Also i think makes more sense bring in terry over baines from a ff point of view.
    Leaves you about 7 dgw

I don't think I'll be doubling up on Chelsea defense DGW or not. Two clean sheets in last 8 and I've enough invested in Ivanovic I'd say.
    Vardy a definite option alright though.

Don't forget this sheet by the way... somebody posted a link to it halfway through the season and it went straight into my favourites, been using it ever since.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11R-ZRGWsB8NekrOze6Xx7pxQWnreIQiF97Lh-hDowOM/edit?usp=drive_web

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Cross posting here from the injuries thread as it may affect people who are planning for the DGW

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/586495308122554371

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

FHFC wrote: »
    Don't forget this sheet by the way... somebody posted a link to it halfway through the season and it went straight into my favourites, been using it ever since.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11R-ZRGWsB8NekrOze6Xx7pxQWnreIQiF97Lh-hDowOM/edit?usp=drive_web

That makes my head hurt even more.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

AdMMM wrote: »
    Cross posting here from the injuries thread as it may affect people who are planning for the DGW

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/586495308122554371

Jose being Jose, i wouldnt be surprised to see him back b4 then

skippy15 wrote: »
    Leaves you about 7 dgw

As regards this week who would going expect to get the bigger return? Remy v QPR or Benteke v Spurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭amber69

As regards this week who would going expect to get the bigger return? Remy v QPR or Benteke v Spurs?

If I was bringing in one it would be Remy but if you have Benteke I'd keep him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm thinking the best time for the missus to drop her wildcard is actually after the GW34 double for GW35. Chelsea will more than likely have the title won by then so will drop 2 of their players and stock up on Arsenal and others.

Sanchez, Giroud and another to come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Having assessed my options I think Ill be going
    32 foster to mig
    33 sanchez to fab and playing 352 with austin on the bench. I can field 11 and would have a front 7 of silva fab hazard walters eriksen aguero kane
    34 eriksen and walters to henderson and sterling.
    That would give me 6 dgw players with no hits it would also sort my foster myhill problem as wba have poor fixtures from gw 34.
    mig
    ivan alder wolly
    sterling hendo fab hazard silva
    kane aguero
    Change of plan remy is in for austin so I have my 3 chelsea now Ivan hazard and remy. Ive 3 transfers left before 34 so will get 3 liverpool players. The advantage of going remy over fab as my last chelsea player is that I can probably keep sanchez now which will help me for Gw 37 as Ive saved myself a transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Current Squad

Pantilimon (Hamer)

Dawson --- Bellerín --- Rose --- Bruce --- Ivanovic

Hazard --- Eriksen --- Sánchez --- Sterling --- Boyd

Agüero --- Kane --- Austin

GW32: Austin OUT, Remy IN

Pantilimon

Bellerín --- Rose --- Ivanovic

Hazard --- Eriksen --- Sánchez --- Sterling

Agüero --- Kane --- Remy

Subs: Hamer --- Dawson --- Bruce --- Boyd

GW33: 2FT, Hamer OUT / Davis IN, Bellerín OUT / New Defender IN

Davis

--- Dawson --- Rose --- Ivanovic --- TBC ---

Hazard
    Eriksen
    Boyd

Agüero --- Kane --- Remy

Subs: Pantilimon --- Bruce --- Sánchez --- Sterling

GW34: 1 FT. Liverpool Player IN... Rose or Eriksen OUT

Pantilimon

Bruce (x2) --- Rose --- Ivanovic (x2)

Hazard (x2) --- Eriksen --- Sánchez --- Sterling (x2)

Agüero --- Kane --- Remy (x2)

Subs: Davis --- Dawson --- TBC --- Boyd

Happy with that... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It's like that night everyone transferred in Defoe....

Ace2007 wrote: »
    It's like that night everyone transferred in Defoe....

Some craic if Drogba started on Sunday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

manual_man wrote: »
    Jose being Jose, i wouldnt be surprised to see him back b4 then
    I doubt it. Jose is like Jose when there's something to play for, when he needs to try get a psychological advanatge.He's been playing it very straight lately now that there's a bit of breathing space between them and the rest.

He said that he'd reward Remy with a start for his performances and he did. Yes, we know Costa wasn't 100%, but remember he started a lot of games like that earlier in the season when struggling with injury. If Chelsea continue to win with Remy starting, I'd imagine we won't see much of Costa for the remainder of the season to allow his hamstring to actually heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

My proposed team for DGW, no hits:

Heaton (Leicester H)
    Terry (double) Alderweireld Dawson
    Sterling (double) Hazard (double) Fabregas (double) Silva (villa H)
    Sturridge (double) Aguero (villa H) Murray (hull H)

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Some craic if Drogba started on Sunday! :D

Ahem....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I've just spent way too much time thinking about my DGW34 and 37 teams. Barring injuries it's going to come down to Ivan+Mane+4 points vs. Moreno/Sakho+Cesc. Benefits of the Terrivanovic would be leaving it in for the rest of the season compared to a Liverpool defender who I'd want to switch in GW36 because of Chelsea A. Then logically I'd want to bring in an Arsenal defender but I might want to go treble Arsenal attack. Still another 12 days to plan as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Who is the best keeper for the DGW and beyond? I was thinking of Mignolet but not sure about the Liverpool defence any more. Courtois seems like a waste of Chelsea cover.

Who is the best keeper for the DGW and beyond? I was thinking of Mignolet but not sure about the Liverpool defence any more. Courtois seems like a waste of Chelsea cover.

To play every week? Courtois if you can't afford Terry/Ivan, then Mignolet or Ospina.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

To play every week? Courtois if you can't afford Terry/Ivan, then Mignolet or Ospina.

Yeah, to play every week. Currently have both the West Brom keepers but they've really gone off the boil and have a very tough last few games. I already have Terry so reluctant to double up on the Chelsea defence though.

I've just spent way too much time thinking about my DGW34 and 37 teams. Barring injuries it's going to come down to Ivan+Mane+4 points vs. Moreno/Sakho+Cesc. Benefits of the Terrivanovic would be leaving it in for the rest of the season compared to a Liverpool defender who I'd want to switch in GW36 because of Chelsea A. Then logically I'd want to bring in an Arsenal defender but I might want to go treble Arsenal attack. Still another 12 days to plan as well :pac:

Did Sakho not pull his hamstring? I was half thinking of Lovren but maybe I'm wrong about Sakho.

Edit - He tweaked it alright but like he'll miss just the FA Cup match.
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpools-mamadou-sakho-miss-wembley-9010839

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Did Sakho not pull his hamstring? I was half thinking of Lovren but maybe I'm wrong about Sakho.

Was looking at Lovren myself but will he be guaranteed a game when Skrtel comes back?

Was looking at Lovren myself but will he be guaranteed a game when Skrtel comes back?

It's hard to know. He's supposed to have done well the last day. I'm not a Liverpool fan so don't know the ins and outs but it'd be worth checking out. He'll get a goal from a corner if he plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ozil to Fabregas ft. GW33

Eriksen to Hendo ft. Gw34
    Coleman to Moreno -4 Gw34
    Giroud to Sturridge. -4. Gw34

Gives me Hendo,Moreno, Sturridge,Ivan,Hazard and Fab for Dgw players.

• Advertisement

Yeah he might be back for the DGW though, supposed to miss the next two matches.

Advertisement