Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled games and Double gameweeks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FHFC wrote: »
    I saw a tweet from Hull saying they expected to know tomorrow I think. I'd prefer 37 at the moment I think.

Yeah I hope so too. I'm well set up for GW33, and can have 3 Chelsea and a Leicester playing in to if I want for DGW34. Then I've have a few weeks to stock up on Arsenal, Liverpool etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

At the moment I've got Panti and PvA with blanks in GW33 and I'll still have Naughton unless Clyne/Wolly/Terry get injured. I'll definitely have 3 Chelsea (either Cesc or Oscar or Remy) and may even have two Leicester (Schmeichel and Vardy). We'll see when the Liverpool DGW is rescheduled but I doubt I'd fancy anything more than a defender and Coutinho or Sterling or Henderson.
    I got this last DGW so badly wrong I haven't a clue what to do for the next one. I currently have only Sanchez and PVA missing 33 and had been considering switching Sanchez to have a very strong 33 team to try and gain on the people who have 4 or 5 missing, then I was gonna maybe go with Ramsey.

That's partly why I did Sanchez to Silva last GW, Ramsey is my preferred Arsenal midfielder moving forward. As long as Sanchez doesn't become a popular captain choice again I don't see myself reversing it. I'd rather go Ramsey, Ozil, Giroud for DGW37 and spend the money elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Sorry for the silly question but can someone post the definite/potential blanks and DGW coming in the next few weeks all in one post please

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hull liverpool arsenal Sunderland qpr villa all blank in gw 33
    gw 34 chelsea Leicester have a double
    Gw 37 arsenal Sunderland have a double
    hull liverpool have a double in either 34 or 37 it may be announced today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hull liverpool arsenal Sunderland qpr villa all blank in gw 33
    gw 34 chelsea Leicester have a double
    Gw 37 arsenal Sunderland have a double
    hull liverpool have a double in either 34 or 37 it may be announced today.

Is that the last potential dgw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Is that the last potential dgw?

Yes, barring a totally unexpected postponement or abandonment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Week 37 please have no Liverpool or Hull players ATM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Bad news. Need to bring in another Chelsea player and probably 2 Liverpool players in the next couple of weeks.

spock. wrote: »
    Bad news. Need to bring in another Chelsea player and probably 2 Liverpool players in the next couple of weeks.

People with wildcards still available will be pleased. I'm going to have to take a hit or two now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

To summarise:
    GW33
    Blanks: Villa, QPR, Arsenal, Sunderland, Liverpool, Hull

GW34
    DGW: Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool, Hull

GW37
    DGW: Arsenal and Sunderland

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

if sturridge shows any kind of form Kane will be leaving my team for the double.......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

People with wildcards still available will be pleased. I'm going to have to take a hit or two now

Yup, same here.

I'm leaning towards Sturridge now as a Costa replacement. It seems fairly likely that Costa and Remy will get a game each in the DGW based on the information available at present, so unless something emerges that Costa is not going to return I think Remy becomes a less attractive option. Giroud has a blank and no DGW34 so may have to wait.

Liverpool at home to Newcastle this week gives Sturridge a run of Newcastle (h), blank, wba/hull (both a), QPR (h).

If Costa is fully fit for the DGW he can come in for Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

At least there wont be much need to get players from the 2 weaker teams that week. At least Chelsea don't have a blank the week before so not too hard to plan things

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Delighted!

the only thing for those with wildcards is if they go all in there is still 4 gw's to go and they could have a lot of unwanted players in there team. I'm happy it's in 34 tbh as I've 4 f.ts between now and then and if it was 37 those with wildcards could've went all out as there was only 1 week left.

the only thing for those with wildcards is if they go all in there is still 4 gw's to go and they could have a lot of unwanted players in there team. I'm happy it's in 34 tbh as I've 4 f.ts between now and then and if it was 37 those with wildcards could've went all out as there was only 1 week left.

True, Aguero and Kane could hurt some. At least it's made the captaincy that DGW slightly more interesting. I still expect Hazard to be a comfortable favorite but not the 95% if it was just Chelsea.

Yeah, but Liverpool have a decent fixture after the DGW, loading up on 6 from Liverpool (including Migs and a season keeper) and Chelsea, plus Schlupp and a Hull benchwarmer like Diame or Brady maybe could be done on a wildcard giving 8 DGW players, then easing towards Arsenal cover for 37 with 3 FTs is a good strategy for a wildcard.

I think its very good for wildcarders, time for your friend and mine Mr Edgbaston to shine I fear!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Would have preferred gw 37. I'll now go with the bare minimum 11 players for gw 33 and risk not one of them playing, so I can load up for 34.

Yeah, but Liverpool have a decent fixture after the DGW, loading up on 6 from Liverpool (including Migs and a season keeper) and Chelsea, plus Schlupp and a Hull benchwarmer like Diame or Brady maybe could be done on a wildcard giving 8 DGW players, then easing towards Arsenal cover for 37 with 3 FTs is a good strategy for a wildcard.

I think its very good for wildcarders, time for your friend and mine Mr Edgbaston to shine I fear!!

I can get 3 pool and Chelsea for 34 if needed and then the 3 arsenal for 37 without hits. I reckon I'd have needed hits to do something similar if it was 37. I'd prefer 4 weeks after someone's wildcarded with a double in mind rather than 1 as to get in extra dgw players some good players must be taken out and there will now be 4 weeks for those moves to be punished. It's only minor but as I have 2 f.t. I'd prefer it in 34.

• Advertisement

I can get 3 pool and Chelsea for 34 if needed and then the 3 arsenal for 37 without hits. I reckon I'd have needed hits to do something similar if it was 37. I'd prefer 4 weeks after someone's wildcarded with a double in mind rather than 1 as to get in extra dgw players some good players must be taken out and there will now be 4 weeks for those moves to be punished. It's only minor but as I have 2 f.t. I'd prefer it in 34.

Yeah, I need 2 hits, partly because of the Costa injury, but can have a pretty strong GW33 team which might compensate somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

There's no sensational run of fixtures in the DGW's that you'd think "I need 3 of their players" tho is there? Liverpool probably the best of them but both away games.

Would you even play the likes of Alex Bruce for that DGW?

GW34
    Chelsea (Ars away, Lei away)
    Leicester (Bur away, Che home)
    Liverpool (WBA away, Hull away)
    Hull (Pal away, Liv home)

GW 37
    Ars (MU away, Sun home)
    Sun (Lei home, Ars away)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The missus still has her wildcard and has 2 Chelsea (Ivan and Hazard) and no Liverpool players. I'm wondering would it be worth blowing it to load up on DGW players in GW34.

Her team at the minute:

Myhill (Foster)
    Dawson Woolschied Ivanovic (Naughton) (McShane)
    Hazard Silva Sanchez Eriksen (Boydzinho)
    Kane Austin Aguero

2 mil banked. Transfer for this week used to get Ivan. That leaves her with 2 transfers ahead of the double.

Lemlin wrote: »
    The missus still has her wildcard and has 2 Chelsea (Ivan and Hazard) and no Liverpool players. I'm wondering would it be worth blowing it to load up on DGW players in GW34.

Her team at the minute:

Myhill (Foster)
    Dawson Woolschied Ivanovic (Naughton) (McShane)
    Hazard Silva Sanchez Eriksen (Boydzinho)
    Kane Austin Aguero

2 mil banked. Transfer for this week used to get Ivan. That leaves her with 2 transfers ahead of the double.

I definitely would.

As I said above I reckon you could get 8 to 9 DGW players plus Aguero & Kane for DGW34, without having to many surplus to requirements to switch back to Arsenal heavy for DGW37.

If you get a Leicester or Hull 5th mid you could possibly work it to keep an Arsenal mid and bench them. I reckon some Sunderland cover could be good for DGW37 too, Arsenal may have the foot off the gas by that second last game while Sunderland will be fighting for survival with Leicester (h) and Arsenal (a)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I definitely would.

As I said above I reckon you could get 8 to 9 DGW players plus Aguero & Kane for DGW34, without having to many surplus to requirements to switch back to Arsenal heavy for DGW37.

If you get a Leicester or Hull 5th mid you could possibly work it to keep an Arsenal mid and bench them. I reckon some Sunderland cover could be good for DGW37 too, Arsenal may have the foot off the gas by that second last game while Sunderland will be fighting for survival with Leicester (h) and Arsenal (a)

I'm not sure I want to go that heavy though. No Liverpool mid stands out and Silva/Hazard could outscore another mid with two games in one game.

Having assessed my options I think Ill be going
    32 foster to mig
    33 sanchez to fab and playing 352 with austin on the bench. I can field 11 and would have a front 7 of silva fab hazard walters eriksen aguero kane
    34 eriksen and walters to henderson and sterling.
    That would give me 6 dgw players with no hits it would also sort my foster myhill problem as wba have poor fixtures from gw 34.
    mig
    ivan alder wolly
    sterling hendo fab hazard silva
    kane aguero

I'm not sure I want to go that heavy though. No Liverpool mid stands out and Silva/Hazard could outscore another mid with two games in one game.

Henderson will be highly owned. More points than Sanchez over the last 6 GWs, almost as many as Hazard, and on pens.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/apr/090415-fpl-scout-differential-jordan-henderson-the-main-man-for-managers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

32 foster to mig
    33 sanchez to fab and playing 352 with austin on the bench. I can field 11 and would have a front 7 of silva fab hazard walters eriksen aguero kane
    That would give me 6 dgw players with no hits it would also sort my foster myhill problem as wba have poor fixtures from gw 34.
    mig
    ivan alder wolly
    kane aguero

Yeah I'm thinking that the midfielders (sterling/hendo/couts/Cesc) are the better options than the forwards (Sturridge/Remy).

I think one Liverpool mid is nearly essential as most dgw till have one. Like myself and Busts your missus has the Foster/Myhill problem so Migs is a great option. Then you have Sturridge to make a fairly tempting Liverpool 3.

Granted City have a potentially high scoring game in 34 and I'd either keep Aguero or Silva but don't know about both. Arsenal are at the Bridge where Jose the Busdriver probably needs a point to all but seal the title. I'll probably sacrifice having any arsenal attackers to get dgw players.

Added advantage of a wildcard is you could get a cheap 5th def and mid with a dgw too who'll be bench fodder thereafter. Schlupp, Brady, Diame decent potential punts maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭shano_88

32 foster to mig
    mig
    ivan alder wolly
    kane aguero

I like this plan and think Ill go a similar route myself. My defence does have some problems at the moment with Bellerin and Naughton so might have to take a hit or forfeit the Henserson transfer.

Advertisement