Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some prick just posted a beheading video on my fb page!!!!

Options
  • 04-01-2015 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

It was one of those that just plays!!

It took me a few secs to realise what it was then there was no going back. I feel physically sick.

What the F'uck is wrong with the world!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Sorry, wrong ardinn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

ardinn wrote: »
    It was one of those that just plays!!

You can turn off auto play in your settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

You can turn off auto play in your settings.

Didnt know that - but it isnt really the point!

Didnt know that - but it isnt really the point!

*shrugs* Bad things happen all the time, beheading isn't even the worst. Ask your friend to not post that stuff again on your page and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Panrich

I don't use facebook but can you not tell who posted the video?

If you can, then a starting point would be to contact him/her directly asking why etc. and then block them or whatever.

Are there age filters on these videos?

• Advertisement

I deleted him!

I dont even know why I posted this thread I'm just sick of this - I know it's not the worst, and in fairness it was a one clean shot rather than a blunt steak knife type job but this stuff stays with me a while. We are not programmed to do this to other people!

There are no words!!

Panrich wrote: »
    Are there age filters on these videos?

nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Did you ask your friend about it before deleting him? Isn't it more likely that his account was hacked or something?

Did you ask your friend about it before deleting him? Isn't it more likely that his account was hacked or something?

No he posted it with "what do you think of this?" underneath!

Well, to answer his question I think i'll be thinking about it for days/weeks even, and wishing the earth would just explode!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

Saturday night/Sunday morning. Could your pal have been out on the jar, someone might have got a hold of his phone and decided to act the bollix?

• Advertisement

I'm over the fact it was posted at this stage. It's the content that just keeps replaying in my head!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

I'm over the fact it was posted at this stage. It's the content that just keeps replaying in my head!!

Delete him as a friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I hate when people post nasty stuff. The dog fighting pics within the faces hanging off the dogs are rotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'd rather that than the Joe.ie ****e that gets put on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Burying your head in the sand about these global issues isn't helping either OP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I know a beheading that will get on your nerves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

No he posted it with "what do you think of this?" underneath!

Well, to answer his question I think i'll be thinking about it for days/weeks even, and wishing the earth would just explode!

Yeah ... that sounds like his account was probably hacked. I've often seen similar videos posted with comments like that. (Unless you think this was a normal thing for him to post on your page?)

I'd have probably reported the video, deleted it, and texted/emailed/phoned him to let him know about it. He's probably been unfriended by loads of people now and doesn't even know why!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

You deleted him as a friend?

Sounds like you lost the head altogether op.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i watched a video once of a girl being beheaded.

I haven't opened anything like that since.

to this day, i can still see the video, hear the noise. see the body.

i never felt physically ill after bloody videos or anything like that.
    i now can't watch anything thats worse than a cut without feeling ill.

I know it was my fault to open the video.. but Jebus, its awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

monflat wrote: »
    Delete him as a friend

Do this & you can also press the report button on the drop down menu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Post a video of someone being murdered on Facebook and people are all like, 'Well, no sense denying a serious global issue! We can't just put our heads in the sand and pretend these things don't exist. Worse things happen all the time'

And yet, when I post a video of me having a **** I get my account shut down.

Are we to believe that I don't enjoy a good ****? Surely there are worse things in the world...no sense denying.

BRB gonna upload a vid of me pooping - POV style.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭ireland.man

UCDVet wrote: »
    Post a video of someone being murdered on Facebook and people are all like, 'Well, no sense denying a serious global issue! We can't just put our heads in the sand and pretend these things don't exist. Worse things happen all the time'

Are we to believe that I don't enjoy a good ****? Surely there are worse things in the world...no sense denying.

Will end up the same way with all your friends saying "what a pr*ck".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

I deleted him!

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

A video popped up on my news feed recently of 5 or 6 fellas being shot in the head and then sprayed with AK47s. Looked like Syria or the likes. It was a short video and over before you knew it. I hit the report button on Facebook and selected the reason. Got an email back a short while later saying it didn't contravene terms of use. Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

UCDVet wrote: »

Make sure to get the audio. The audio's where it's at man. :D

SeaFields wrote: »
    A video popped up on my news feed recently of 5 or 6 fellas being shot in the head and then sprayed with AK47s. Looked like Syria or the likes. It was a short video and over before you knew it. I hit the report button on Facebook and selected the reason. Got an email back a short while later saying it didn't contravene terms of use. Bizarre.

And yet if there was a nipple in the video it would have been deleted in 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

SeaFields wrote: »
    Facebook changed their terms of acceptable content about a year ago. The beheading videos are totally cool by them and do not breach any terms because they're deemed to be "raising awareness" rather than glorifying violence.

I don't particularly want to see gory videos but the issue for me is consent. People being murdered on camera obviously did not consent to be killed and have their dying moments shared with the world. Leaving how violent the videos are out of it, I think it's disrespectful to endorse videos like that but then immediately take down a video of a woman breastfeeding, even if she's the one who uploaded it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you want to make a complaint
    http://www.fbi.gov/report-threats-and-crime

Report FB for aiding terrorism. Because that's the only reason for these videos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

A former facebook friend of mine put a picture of a bucket filled with drowned kittens in it. She is an animal rights "sympathiser", and the picture was raising "awareness". She got unfriended faster than a really fast, fast thingy thing.

Advertisement