Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub Purchase

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GeraldGenta

Thanks Etc, Are those quotes after the 10% reduction has been taken off?

Retail prices in Ireland for rolex submariners are:

114060 = €6200
    116610LN = €7100
    116610LV = €7550

Well I should say that's what they are today. As of next week maybe Wednesday they are going up 7% on the retail in both the UK and Ireland.

So next week
    114060 = €6650
    116610LN = €7600
    116610LV = €8100

Also Ireland is about €450 cheaper than the uk at the minute because of the weak euro.

And one last thing 10% discount on popular watches like sub's and GMT models will be a thing of the past as retailers margins have been cut hugely along with the retail price increase because of the Swiss franc strength .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

114060 = €6200
    116610LN = €7100
    116610LV = €7550

Well I should say that's what they are today. As of next week maybe Wednesday they are going up 7% on the retail in both the UK and Ireland.

So next week
    114060 = €6650
    116610LN = €7600
    116610LV = €8100

Also Ireland is about €450 cheaper than the uk at the minute because of the weak euro.

And one last thing 10% discount on popular watches like sub's and GMT models will be a thing of the past as retailers margins have been cut hugely along with the retail price increase because of the Swiss franc strength .

I guess it was comming. It's a while since I remember an increase. Any one thinking of a purchase should get it there now or in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sockpuppets

114060 = €6200
    116610LN = €7100
    116610LV = €7550

So next week
    114060 = €6650
    116610LN = €7600
    116610LV = €8100

Thanks for this GeraldGenta, great information

If your interested in that non date sub. Give Keane's in cork a buzz today and ask for David. He is the manager of the watch department there. He has always looked after me very well. I'm sure he would be a great help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭893bet

114060 = €6200
    116610LN = €7100
    116610LV = €7550

So next week
    114060 = €6650
    116610LN = €7600
    116610LV = €8100

On Tz it is stated that the UK will have no increase. Only the euro based countries. This will bring them in line with the UK price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

If your interested in that non date sub. Give Keane's in cork a buzz today and ask for David. He is the manager of the watch department there. He has always looked after me very well. I'm sure he would be a great help to you.

Hmmm - 4 posts: 1 with 'trade' info' i.e. new prices, and 1 strong retail recommendation.

Any connection to said retail outlet?

Thanks GeraldGenta

blindsider wrote: »
    Hmmm - 4 posts: 1 with 'trade' info' i.e. new prices, and 1 strong retail recommendation.

Any connection to said retail outlet?

Lol that's some welcome to a new memeber.
    Normally just a lurker but I thought I could help.

As for my connection. I've purchased a fair bit there and was just offering advice.

I was in there yesterday and have been back and forth over a new Patek and when I was in I got the lowdown on prices. I'm sure its not state secret stuff. You probably would get the same info if you walked into any AD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

Fair enough - but you can't blame me for asking.

It has happened before.

Impartial advice is always welcome here IME.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tf2

Hi All
    Could anyone tell me what you should expect to pay for a new Rolex Submariner 114060 from an Irish jewellers? thewatchquote.com lists the retail price as 6000 euros, is that about right?

I was quoted €6200 for the Submariner 114060 from an Irish rolex dealer. When I went to pay I was given a *special price of €5900. Without asking for it either. Almost 5% discount. The authorised dealers definitely have room to manoeuvre.

• Advertisement

tf2 wrote: »
    I was quoted €6200 for the Submariner 114060 from an Irish rolex dealer. When I went to pay I was given a *special price of €5900. Without asking for it either. Almost 5% discount. The authorised dealers definitely have room to manoeuvre.

Thanks tf2

Advertisement