Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice UK 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Girl from Cork up now, tough battle though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Thought the Cork girl was stronger...

it all seemed to go a bit weird at the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭HoratiJoe

That cork girl is good

Loser will be stolen anyhow

The bloke should have listened to Glen Hansard & Colm MacIomaire's version of Everytime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

That's weird I hardly heard Sharon sing any of that last song though I'm delighted she got through

I wish we had cleaners like that, might encourage the lads to do a bit more overtime

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Emmanuel was amazing. Would have loved to have seen Claudia go through. Really liked her

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I think Ricky and Will made the best decisions in the Knockouts. Rita made some strong choices, but she definitely had stronger performers she could've put through, and the only decision of Tom's I agreed with was the School of Rock lad - the other two he put through left little impression with me in any of their auditions and I think he would've been better off putting the Mumford and Sons Northern Irish guy and either the Opera guy or the older Irish woman through.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Cannot believe Claudia didn't get through tonight - she was amazing! Big mistake by Ricky imo.

Strongest team is Will I Am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Ricky's fireman still in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

The talent on this is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

The talent on this is amazing.

It sure is . And the production values are through the roof also.
    Very entertaining tonight.
    I was surprised but delighted that Cerys got through. I really like her . And the good looking guy on Rita's team is great too.

I LovED EMF back in the day!!

Yay Joe!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Thought Sheena would get through. She's incredible.

Oh yeah he won last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭gilly0512

Loving the UK Voice this year, and have to say I haven't even looked at the Irish version. Would love to see Lucy win it, not because she's Irish, but because she has the most incredible voice, and is a class act at the end of the day. However it's a tough ask, as I can't imagine young people voting for an opera singer, however I will be shocked if Andrew Lloyd Webber or Tim Rice aren't in touch with Lucy once the final is completed.

It's really strange that Lucy didn't sing like this when she was on the Voice of Ireland - we never even knew that she had such a stunning opera voice! She should definitely stick to this genre. I really hope she wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Script and Paloma Faith will perform at finale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

BTW, I haven't been following this series as closely as any of the other three - but I have noticed that changes were made as regards who went through and who was eliminated from the quarter-final and the semi-final.

In the QF, each judge gave a Fast Pass to one of their three remaining acts, as in series 2 and 3. This time, however, the other four acts to go through were simply the ones with the most votes from the public, regardless of their judge - previously, they would have been the more popular of each judge's two other acts.

This meant that all three of Will's acts (Lucy, Sheena, Vikesh) advanced to the SF, while none of Tom's acts went through besides the one he had given his Fast Pass to (Sasha).

The same thing happened in the SF - the four to go through to tomorrow night were the ones with the most viewer votes, and it didn't matter who their judge was.

And this meant that the aforementioned Lucy and Sasha went through, as did both of Ricky's remaining acts (Emmanuel and Stevie).

Which, in turn, meant that Rita - whose future on the show is up in the air - has NO acts in the final. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

27152BF600000578-0-image-a-2_1427579578859.jpg

I did say in post #1 that being the Female Judge on The Voice UK was a curse as well as a blessing... :o:D:);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭2Bints1Joe

Happy stevie won. I thought the overall standard throughout was very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

2Bints1Joe wrote: »
    Happy stevie won. I thought the overall standard throughout was very good

Stevie should have been nowhere near the final. Another act we will never hear of again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭2Bints1Joe

Perhaps. He has had a few albums out before this as well. I liked him though from his first audition. Would I go out of my way to see him live probably not. He seemed like a nice lad though and I hope he does ok

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Stevie should have been nowhere near the final. Another act we will never hear of again.

Actually... have we heard of any Voice UK contestants since, let alone the ones who won? :o:o:o;)

As if more proof were needed that being the Female Judge was a curse, all four male judges have had one winning act now. (I don't mean to be sexist here, BTW.) :o:o:o;)

The Beeb has renewed the show for next year, so there's at least one chance for this curse to be broken.

But who will be the one to try to break it? Some are suggesting that if Rita goes, Paloma Faith will replace her - but it's not beyond possibility that Jessie or Kylie could be lured back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Loved Lucy's version of the winning song.
    Stevie is ridiculously forgettable and cannot fathom the popularity
    Emmanuel was my favourite but he was ruined by bad song choices.

Rfrip wrote: »
    Loved Lucy's version of the winning song.
    Stevie is ridiculously forgettable and cannot fathom the popularity
    Emmanuel was my favourite but he was ruined by bad song choices.

Agreed, Lucy is streets ahead of Stevie. He's so bland and boring - the only reason he won is because he's a fireman and Scottish.

leahyl wrote: »
    Agreed, Lucy is streets ahead of Stevie. He's so bland and boring - the only reason he won is because he's a fireman and Scottish.

Hmmm... a bit like when Leon beat Rhydian on a certain other singing show, then. :o:o:D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

It just falls apart when it gets to the live shows. The performances during the auditions and the battles were great but the live shows are just underwhelming. Stevie is a forgettable winner, I wanted Emmanuel to win but his live show performances were nothing like his audition.

Advertisement