Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice UK 2015

Options
  • 03-01-2015 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭

For some reason, I find it hard to believe that the Voice UK has reached its fourth series, and not so hard to believe that the Voice of Ireland has also reached its fourth series... :o:o

Is it because the format hasn't made quite as big an impression on British viewers as it has on Irish ones, and has had to endure a greater number of axe rumours? Is it because the three years since the much-hyped first UK series have flown? Or is it because of both?

In any case, we'll be seeing Tom, Will, Ricky and Rita in the Big Red Spinning Chairs next week.

Tom and Will have been in their chairs from the start, of course - while Ricky gets a second go in his, despite remaining largely anonymous last year.

Rita, meanwhile, becomes the third Female Judge. And with the very greatest of respect to her, it is fair to say that being the Female Judge is both a blessing and a curse - you'll get more attention than the male judges, but your final act will finish fourth... :o;)

The presenters, on the other hand, hardly get any attention at all - certainly not as much attention as Dermot gets, or Ant and Dec, or even Kathryn and Eoghan. :D In any case, Emma and Marvin are happily staying on for their second series.

At this stage, one shouldn't be surprised at all if the viewing figures start out great, then fall steadily until they're good at best come the final. :o:o;)

And as for the winner? Um... uh... :o:o;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Angela Scanlon is joining as the digital presenter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Angela Scanlon is joining as the digital presenter

tumblr_inline_mwkvfa83IH1rzgs9v.gif

I tried to resist, I really did. But I just couldn't. :o:o:o:o:o;)

With five hours to go, I may as well post the launch trailer for anyone who hasn't seen it yet... :o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Anyone watching?
    Looks like slightly alternative male voices are the preferred choice this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

JLS- he ain't heavy he's my cousin, oh better not bomb after revealing the connection

• Advertisement

He bombed, if they don't want their relations to have any influence why bring them along. Fair enough Kym Marsh was with her daughter but why bring your famous cousin along?

Weird twins time!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

So this show is supposed to be about the voice yet, we get vignettes?
    It really is all about the judges trying to steal the show for themselves, Ol Liam being the worst.

I would tell judges to f-off and blame the Tourette's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Judge Rita is getting on my nerves, with her jittering around on her chair. Really distracting. Oveall singing standard better than the irish version.

• Advertisement

It's turning into the Welsh show tonight. Wouldn't like to get a kick off the girl in now

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Anyone watching this tonight?

morebabies wrote: »
    Anyone watching this tonight?

Well, it seems no-one was interested last week... :o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

I am, but about fifteen mins behind real time. I hear that there is great girl from Cork due on tonight

Is the girl in the tux the irish girl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

I have been catching up with this on youtube. Decent quality auditions this year

I just spotted girl from cork she excellent to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lisha wrote: »
    I just spotted girl from cork she excellent to be fair.

Absolutely fab! She's a little star - delighted she got through :-) there are 3 great irish acts through to the battles now

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

leahyl wrote: »
    Absolutely fab! She's a little star - delighted she got through :-) there are 3 great irish acts through to the battles now

She was brilliant, am surprised that all four didn't turn.

Wow Hannah Wildes is amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Not many people watch this, no?

The Laura girl on there had a fantastic voice. Delighted Tom turned for her.

I could listen to music like that for hours.

I'm only on chicken train guy, nice nod to Glen Hansard there with Falling Slowly, the judges didnt seem to know it though

Actually it's pissing me off, to brilliant singers now with no turns because judges are almost full. It becomes more about how early on in the competition you are up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That guy singing Me & My Broken Heart there was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Even the rejects on this blow away the best contestants on the Irish version.

Even the rejects on this blow away the best contestants on the Irish version.

Very true, the population here is too small to sustain a show like this for 4 series. Any Irish people that are any good have already tried out or decided that it would be a waste of time going on the Irish one so have gone to the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

If anyone is watching this evening, it serves will.I.am right, he let a talented girl go, Charlotte turnbull and got left with the last highly average singer that is totally not his cup of tea.

Just caught the last of it there, yeah will stuck with a male Tina Turner act, who might get a couple of laughs down the Darby & Jones.

So many good singers let go because the judges filled up so quickly, I dunno would they be better off seeing all the acts first then fighting over them, wouldn't be the same though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I thought that version of Shout was just shouty....

• Advertisement

Different set up to Irish one. UK 6 acts, 2 steals. Irish 7 acts, 1 steal, well I think that's it, though in fairness 2 each on the Irish one would have been enough this year

Advertisement