Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hungry? C4 to create comedy series...about the famine

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

ThisRegard wrote: »
    What it has done is made me laugh at the irony of some people in the Paris shootings thread talking about how free speech shouldn't be silenced, and on the same page there's a thread looking to have a show not even go into production because of the subject matter.

Was just thinking the same myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Comedy show the Last Laugh just covered the Charlie Hebdo shootings, and then Dara O'Briain came on and mentioned he did a stand up joke about the 7/7 bombings just three days after they happened and got a good laugh from it.

And as I type this, Hungry comes up and O'Briain mentions exactly what a lot of people have said - it could be really offensive and terrible, but IT IS NOT MADE YET. When he mentioned that, the audience broke into laughter which should tell some people something... Josh Widdicombe put it well "I'm really offended by that thing that doesn't exist yet."

Oh, and it turns out Hugh Travers is Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The Last Leg you mean :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The Last Leg you mean :)

That's the one, my multi-tasking is atrocious. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Billy86 wrote: »
    Comedy show the Last Laugh just covered the Charlie Hebdo shootings, and then Dara O'Briain came on and mentioned he did a stand up joke about the 7/7 bombings just three days after they happened and got a good laugh from it.

He didn't mention that it was a gig at the local Islamic Cultural Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

From yesterday's IT

No shame in laughing at famine satire

His conclusion......

Farce has already been apparent in relation to depicting the Irish Famine, and not of the Channel 4 fictional variety.

Advertisement