Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men vs Women

Options
  • 31-12-2014 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

I can't speak for all women but if a guy doesn't text me back it drives me crazy. It will result in me staring at my phone all day.

The question is, is it the same for majority of guys? If a girl doesn't respond to your text would it bother you? I'm not talking a few hours, but perhaps a few days.

It's hard to know when the game is being played or if he's genuinely not interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Staring at your phone all day waiting for a text sounds pretty crazy to me.

Phone call?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Boys vs Girls surely.

What grown man or woman would obsess over and stare at their phones all day just because someone didn't text them back?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

No because I'm not insecure and people have sh*t to do usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I wouldn't dwell on it. Staring at a phone for 24 hours is psychotic. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

No games being played more than likely he just not interested the longer the response the less arsed the person is or maybe they are actually busy.

Women and their games!!!!!!

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

I'm a woman and I'm terrible at texting anyone back.

Ring him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Heat_Wave wrote: »

It's hard to know when the game is being played or if he's genuinely not interested.

He's either playing a game in which case he's an assh0le, or he's not interested. Either way move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

He's either playing a game in which case he's an assh0le, or he's not interested. Either way move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Yes if your text to them requires an answer. You don't want to send a second text in a row either because you look needy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

I can't speak for all women but if a guy doesn't text me back it drives me crazy. It will result in me staring at my phone all day.

The question is, is it the same for majority of guys? If a girl doesn't respond to your text would it bother you? I'm not talking a few hours, but perhaps a few days.

I usually scare women away with the amount of texts I send them when I get a phone number. Pm me your number it's sounds like we're compatible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

I had this conversation with a girl recently. There's an ad on TV for a perfume that is supposed to represent a psychological fantasy experienced by women (or at least, the type of women who buy Chloe products) of having the sexual potency of being able to ignore an attractive man's advances and not bother to take his repeated phone calls.

Is it sexist? Of course.

Is there any truth in the idea that the opposite is often true? I think so. Women are often the ones who will fret over lack of communication. Men often don't care.

That's why this is portrayed as a fantasy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

If I get one text of a man I go bat sh!t crazy. Its too much texting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Imagine what it was like before mobiles. You had to sit in and wait or pray that someone would take a coherent message. If I had to make a call I used to walk 500 yards to the phone box rather than risk my parents listening in.

Go out or occupy yourself. The faint aroma of desperation can be quite off putting. But you know that already.

If I get one text of a man I go bat sh!t crazy. Its too much texting.

Martina is that you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

Tugboats wrote: »
    Martina is that you?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I'd say you are in no way a bit of a bunny boiler...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,928 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I can't speak for all women

Great.

Well then dont make silly assumptions about all men and all women.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Maybe I am not explaining myself well here.

(Hypothetically) ;) say for instance my friend likes a guy, they met up last week and got along great, he texts her a day later asking how she is, she says shes great and asks how he is, one or two dryish texts back and forth until suddenly he starts leaving a days gap between texts...

Now if this girl was to do exactly as he is doing (taking a day to reply), would the guy be like 'ooh she's playing dirty' lol or will he most likely be like 'fcuk this'?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,928 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

(Hypothetically) ;) say for instance my friend likes a guy, they met up last week and got along great, he texts her a day later asking how she is, she says shes great and asks how he is, one or two dryish texts back and forth until suddenly he starts leaving a days gap between texts...

Now if this girl was to do exactly as he is doing (taking a day to reply), would the guy be like 'ooh she's playing dirty' lol or will he most likely be like 'fcuk this'?

And maybe create clearer thread titles in future.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

http://www.seventeen.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

sry bbz I ws on da lash wit d lads, dats how i roll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

Either member of the sexes will feel a bit of a excitement if somebody they like shows interest. Of course they will. And equally they will feel a bit disappointed if they don't. So there's always a bit of that will (s)he/won't (s)he.

If there are days of gaps between texts then it's just taking the piss. Ain't no time for that.

I'm 24.

Would total honesty be better? As in rather than play games, ask if he's interested or not.

Perhaps I should have posted this in PI.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Maybe he wants to wait a while because he doesn't want to seem too keen.

I'm 24.

Would total honesty be better? As in rather than play games, ask if he's interested or not.

In fairness yes possibly. You've gotten off lightly in here so far. This won't last. They can smell vulnerability at a dozen paces and they have no qualms about tearing strips off you. Perhaps a kind Mod will take pity on you and move this thread. Or perhaps they're all really busy and will throw you to the Sharks.

At least it'll take your mind off him not texting you back. You might even laugh.

Pwindedd wrote: »
    In fairness yes possibly. You've gotten off lightly in here so far. This won't last. They can smell vulnerability at a dozen paces and they have no qualms about tearing strips off you. Perhaps a kind Mod will take pity on you and move this thread. Or perhaps they're all really busy and will throw you to the Sharks.

At least it'll take your mind off him not texting you back. You might even laugh.

What was your advice? Are you saying you don't think he will write back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I'm 24.

Maybe he not after seeing it like??

I often be texting ones away grand etc...then not see there msg and wouldn't text back until I sees it...could be hours on end...I'd just wouldn't think to look at the phone if I didn't hear it go off...I wouldn't fret it

*obviously im not advising you to text again/ring up ranting and raving down the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Susandublin

If I don't text a guy back there there is a reason - I don't want to. I just assume the reverse is true. If he's interested then he'll text back soon - if he txt me back a week later then I'm not interested. Find it disrespectful so I'm better off without. Think the whole 'playing the game' is lame.
    If I done hear back within 48 hours then I'm done. Texts received after this get ignored by me - if a guy wants to 'play games' get yourself an x-box.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭ewinslet

Texting at all is for pussies. Ring them ffs.

And this is coming from a 28 year old woman.

• Advertisement

What was your advice? Are you saying you don't think he will write back?

I'm not sure if he will or won't. Only he knows that. I'm saying don't fret over it. Maybe he's busy, maybe he's playing it cool or maybe "he's just not that into you"

Don't get sucked into games. Every relationship I've ever had worth anything has been based around mutual feelings and no game-playing was necessary.

Advertisement