Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's your shower ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Steve_Carella

My shower is middle of the road.

Sounds a bit public...do the neighbours not complain? Do cars just drive around you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

When Blueduck was asked how he likes his water hot or cold he said I like it wet.

[QUOTE=In Lonesome Dove;93630773]My shower is middle of the road. I stayed overnight in a neighbours house a few times and their water pressure was awful. They have it fixed now and it's good. I stayed in some hotels and showers were lovely there.

I have a hotel room booked in the capital for March and I'm very much looking forward to a bath.[/QUOTE] You surely know who blueduck is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

My shower is grand, gas heated water. Pressure is fine, everything is fine...except sometimes it goes ice cold for about 10 seconds for no reason. I keep forgetting to tell people using it and hear shrieks from them every so often :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭DeJa VooDoo

Irish showers in my experience are rubbish. I used one in Germany and it was so strong it hurt my face.

How's yours ?

Have my whole house pumped with a 4 bar grundfos central pump.
    Showers up full are like a power hose.....excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Irish showers in my experience are rubbish. I used one in Germany and it was so strong it hurt my face.

How's yours ?

Oh we have this triton shower here and just so powerful it's wonderful. Some days though I do need to relax in a bath as it's just so soothing and helps my back-pain no end.

Buy a triton shower,
    kerry4sam

/no, I don't work with Triton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Mines like light drizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I've had good showers and crap showers in every single country I've ever visited. I think its more building/plumbing related rather than country..

Something in Ireland that does do my head in, is the sepearte Hot/Cold taps in the bathroom that we're expected to wash our hands under. Why can't we use the mixture taps like the rest of Europe? So we don't have to ice/scald our hands clean..
    Agreed, seperate taps is just fcuking idiotic.

I had a 3 bar twin pump installed that feeds the showers in the house. Showers are ****ing awesome(r) now.

It's because Ireland uses a system whereby a tank is fed in the attic and backflow is prevented by an air gap.

If you replace the seperate taps with a mixer tap its possible to contaminate your fresh water supply.

Hence why you are not supposed to drink from the hot tap in the bathroom because there could be anything floating in that tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭D_D

I have one of those rainfall showers by Mira, really fantastic. Also had my brother whose a plumber put in a 5 bar pump for the hot water system. Have to say, my shower is one of my favourite things on the house.

2 showers. The ensuite is a triton t90 electric shower. I hate it. Pressure is crap but does the job when there's no hot water. The pump shower in the main bathroom is the job. Fed straight from the hot water tank and its like a power hose. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

D_D wrote: »
    Have to say, my shower is one of my favourite things on the house.

Is it not a bit awkward climbing up on the roof for a shower tho...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Mine is s**t, the colder it gets the more pressure you get, and as you turn the heat up the pressure fizzles out substantially.

Whenever I'm out foreign the shower always blows my head off, I always miss that when I come home :(

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Whenever I'm out foreign the shower always blows my head off, I always miss that when I come home :(

I'd miss my head too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

mike_ie wrote: »
    I'd miss my head too....

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,979 ✭✭✭cena

Cold water with no hot. This is a new shower put in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

I've got a Triton electric shower. It's great. No waiting around for the water to heat up, good pressure and it really wakes me up in the morning and is refreshing after a day of work.

Worst shower ever was in a hotel in Brussels. I swear, I'd have gotten better pressure standing under a leaking pipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

I have 2 both need fixing. January projects.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Got a power shower which is amazing, if the hose was long enough you could change the setting on the shower head to be probably as strong as a power hose, don't know why a shower even has the setting because it'd cause bruising and probably even cuts if you used it on yourself (gonna guess it's actually for cleaning the shower?). Thinking of getting a rainfall shower though, or at least a massive shower head because the pump is broken at the moment so it's only giving about 30% of the normal power. I hate showering anywhere else because it's pretty much always poverty in comparison. Only negative is waiting for the water to heat, would love to be able to just turn it on and have hot water straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Oh we have this triton shower here and just so powerful it's wonderful. Some days though I do need to relax in a bath as it's just so soothing and helps my back-pain no end.

Buy a triton shower,
    kerry4sam

/no, I don't work with Triton
    Depends on the type. Had a T90 which was noisy, crap pressure and clogged with limescale very quickly.

On the other hand the mains fed T80 is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

It's awesome.

Sliding glass doors, LED lights, whirlpool jets in the bath, colour changing underwater lights, touchscreen radio with internal speakers, steam and aromatherapy function, 6 multi direction body jets, large monsoon shower head. Normal adjustable shower head. Needed to get a 5 bar pump, extra expansion tank and 6ft hot water tank but it's worth it.

Not that I use it, I'm a pig schure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

Terrible. Almost impossible to get it to remain at one decent temperature, always scalding hot or freezing cold.

Still better than no shower though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Really bad. I honestly didn't know they even MADE showers this small, much less did I think I'd find one this small in an apartment as expensive as the one I have.

Advertisement