Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's your shower ?

Options
  • 31-12-2014 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭

Irish showers in my experience are rubbish. I used one in Germany and it was so strong it hurt my face.

How's yours ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Wet

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Irish showers in my experience are rubbish. I used one in Germany and it was so strong it hurt my face.

How's yours ?

In between.
    Better than an electrical, not as strong as back home. But it gets me cleaned up ok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

I don't want a hurt face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

RayM wrote: »
    Wet.

Damn you "wet" was my joke......prick
    :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Rather not have a shower that hurts any part of me. A steady flow is fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spindex

How's yours ?

Golden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Judging by the other thread there will be a lot of people saying their sink and rag is just as good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I call mine Goldilocks for a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I've had good showers and crap showers in every single country I've ever visited. I think its more building/plumbing related rather than country..

Something in Ireland that does do my head in, is the sepearte Hot/Cold taps in the bathroom that we're expected to wash our hands under. Why can't we use the mixture taps like the rest of Europe? So we don't have to ice/scald our hands clean..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

We have a solid fuel stove that heats the hot water tank and a power shower fed from the tank. It's very powerful.

In the electric shower in the en suite, you may as well be standing under a mouse taking a p!ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Something in Ireland that does do my head in, is the sepearte Hot/Cold taps in the bathroom that we're expected to wash our hands under. Why can't we use the mixture taps like the rest of Europe? So we don't have to ice/scald our hands clean..

Agreed, seperate taps is just fcuking idiotic.

I had a 3 bar twin pump installed that feeds the showers in the house. Showers are ****ing awesome(r) now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Great for stimulating your cock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

I surveyed 100 women and asked them what shampoo they used when showering.

98 of them said, "How the fcuk did you get in here?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Judging by the other thread there will be a lot of people saying their sink and rag is just as good

There's something about the washing yourself with a rag/flannel/whatever that confuses me. If they are washing their whole body with the rag at the sink, do they change it for a fresh rag everyday, or do they clean their face with the same old rag that cleaned their pooey bum and cheesy feet yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Damn you "wet" was my joke......prick
    :P

When Blueduck was asked how he likes his water hot or cold he said I like it wet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

My shower is middle of the road. I stayed overnight in a neighbours house a few times and their water pressure was awful. They have it fixed now and it's good. I stayed in some hotels and showers were lovely there.

I have a hotel room booked in the capital for March and I'm very much looking forward to a bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Golden Brown, texture like sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Those other two are keepers, unless you killed them, you didn't kill them did you???

No wait don't tell we don't need to be accessories.

I surveyed 100 women and asked them what shampoo they used when showering.

98 of them said, "How the fcuk did you get in here?"

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

How's yours ?

To be fair, Germany has been at the forefront of shower development since about 1940 or so....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

The majority of Irish showers are tepid and harmless affairs. I can see why people wouldn't enjoy showering if they have to stand under a weak stream of lukewarm water produced by the cheapest electric shower their landlord could find. While 3 of their housemates stand outside the bathroom waiting their turn. A mildewed shower curtain and limescale encrusted bathtub.

Here in my apartment in Germany I have a GROHE integrated rainforest showerhead and steam shower system. My routine usually involves a hot shower, 5 minute steam to open the pores, then a final blast of cold water to finish it off. Underfloor heating, integrated home entertainment system and warm towels ensure that showering is always a pleasurable and relaxing experience.

Grooming and showering is part of my morning routine. It helps to set me up and perform at my best in work.

The majority of Irish showers are tepid and harmless affairs. I can see why people wouldn't enjoy showering if they have to stand under a weak stream of lukewarm water produced by the cheapest electric shower their landlord could find. While 3 of their housemates stand outside the bathroom waiting their turn. A mildewed shower curtain and limescale encrusted bathtub.

Here in my apartment in Germany I have a GROHE integrated rainforest showerhead and steam shower system. My routine usually involves a hot shower, 5 minute steam to open the pores, then a final blast of cold water to finish it off. Underfloor heating, integrated home entertainment system and warm towels ensure that showering is always a pleasurable and relaxing experience.

Grooming and showering is part of my morning routine. It helps to set me up and perform at my best at work.

It's like to are trying to quote Patrick Bateman and it's really cringey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

My shower is middle of the road. I stayed overnight in a neighbours house a few times and their water pressure was awful. They have it fixed now and it's good. I stayed in some hotels and showers were lovely there.

I have a hotel room booked in the capital for March and I'm very much looking forward to a bath.

Jeez, there's lots going on in that post :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

I have a great shower. Really powerful and a large space. I made sure of it when we built the house. I have to say it's my favourite aspect of the house.

I love this guy.

I love him because it's like he is trying to pass off being Patrick Bateman but paraphrasing his quotes so no one will realise.

He works in high finance and here he is at half 4 (?) just before year end talking about a shower.

It's one of the more enjoyable subtle ones though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Jaysus there's mighty turf here in Ireland. As black as the darkest night, and the heat out of it would nearly roast ya.

What's the turf like in Germany?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I love him because it's like he is trying to pass off being Patrick Bateman but paraphrasing his quotes so no one will realise.

He works in high finance and here he is at half 4 (?) just before year end talking about a shower.

It's one of the more enjoyable subtle ones though

This accusation has been thrown at me before, and I'm getting rather tired of having to defend myself from anonymous posters who like to make me out to be some sort of monster.

It's NYE. Of course I'm off work. I'm off until the 6th of Jan. I love Christmas and take two weeks off every year. Much of that time is spent back in Ireland. Not having to tolerate a rubbish shower as my Father is a plumber, and took my advice about fitting a GROHE shower system.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

This accusation has been thrown at me before, and I'm getting rather tired of having to defend myself from anonymous posters who like to make me out to be some sort of monster.

It's NYE. Of course I'm off work. I'm off until the 6th of Jan. I love Christmas and take two weeks off every year. Much of that time is spent back in Ireland. Not having to tolerate a rubbish shower as my Father is a plumber, and took my advice about fitting a GROHE shower system.

Your father is a plumber? You peasant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its mildly pleasant.

• Advertisement

I didn't call you a monster. It is like you are doing a parody of Patrick Bateman before he went crazy, but jumped on the bit where he went crazy and put words in my mouth rather than acknowledge what I said about benig a parody based off your morning routine. You are only missing your face pack and sit ups

Advertisement