Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fianna (Fine) Gail/Fall Are Exactly The Same

Options
  • 31-12-2014 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭

Reason for the post is a friends rent in a SCD apt block sold off from NAMA to Canadian investors has gone up by 60%. She's a mad German getting on in age, works really hard and I joked yesterday with her about who would make the better caravan dweller.

My rant is based on the tactics being continued in the most unrepublic of republics and the civil service rooted in a 19th century British military structure of officers/corporals, whoring a countries position to facilitate tax avoidance and property speculation.

I'm the most devout of capitalists (no free healthcare type) but I will be looking to the extreme left when voting next comes around.

Sorry about the rant, fvking got to me today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Cool story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Breffnigolfer

Cool story, indeed, and nothing to do with either Fianna Fáil or Fine Gael.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Ryan Giggs was the most decorated left winger in the EPL

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Give it a rest. If you don't like a party then vote for someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

39e3d93e72c97b59142a681a3a295b45cabdc2b29ed1ee28aa3daa99ae67f35c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭dasdog

Cool story, indeed, and nothing to do with either Fianna Fáil or Fine Gael.

Point being the mainstream faffing about the place isn't working

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Soups123

dasdog wrote: »
    Reason for the post is a friends rent in a SCD apt block sold off from NAMA to Canadian investors has gone up by 60%. She's a mad German getting on in age, works really hard and I joked yesterday with her about who would make the better caravan dweller.

My rant is based on the tactics being continued in the most unrepublic of republics and the civil service rooted in a 19th century British military structure of officers/corporals, whoring a countries position to facilitate tax avoidance and property speculation.

I'm the most devout of capitalists (no free healthcare type) but I will be looking to the extreme left when voting next comes around.

My brain seriously can't translate this to understand what the hell its all about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

So what was the answer to this anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

whoring a countries position to facilitate tax avoidance and property speculation.

This is the rubbish we do hear from the left. It's just not true.

People want to believe it in their own heads to confirm their own prejudices against anyone with more money than them.

In layman's terms - begrudgery.

The ire for property developers is the best example. On the one hand people want them punished (for what no one knows) and on the other there are not enough houses because we need developers to build them.

Go figure.

On the tax side we can be as moral as we like but a) we are effectively under attack from other countries who want to take our lunch and b) the 100,000's of jobs that rely on multinationals is probably a price worth paying for avoiding total destitution as a country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

While the thread title is a bit misleading, I agree with the tone of the post. I thought the state was supposed to look after its citizens, not sell a load of apartments to foreign investors in the middle of a housing crisis. All that rent is now flowing out of the country. Well done Nama.

People want to believe it in their own heads to confirm their own prejudices against anyone with more money than them.

The ire for property developers is the best example. On the one hand people want them punished (for what no one knows) and on the other there are not enough houses because we need developers to build them.

Go figure.

Its not a free market Kermit, I made over 3 grand during Christmas week
    speculating on commodities and foreign exchange. As far right fiscally as you'll meet. Its about calling a country a republic when its not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Go figure.

On the tax side we can be as moral as we like but a) we are effectively under attack from other countries who want to take our lunch and b) the 100,000's of jobs that rely on multinationals is probably a price worth paying.

I dislike some property developers. Mainly the ones who have massive debts to banks we bailed out and refuse to cough up the dough.

The rest I'm not fond off, but in the same way I dislike politicians. It's just a general prejudice I tend to hold. Considering I know feck all developers, or politicians, it's not really doing me, or anyone else much harm. :)

pablo128 wrote: »
    While the thread title is a bit misleading, I agree with the tone of the post. I thought the state was supposed to look after its citizens, not sell a load of apartments to foreign investors in the middle of a housing crisis. All that rent is now flowing out of the country. Well done Nama.

Who else was going to buy them? Tell us.

People say this and that but they are not dealing with reality. In 2010 this country was an absolute basketcase. You need big resources to risk investing in a broken economy on the chance things may lift.

The Irish developers were smashed.

NAMA were right to sell to the highest bidders. It's them same investment companies that are now queuing with planning applications.

NO Irish investors to my knowledge are in any position to do that atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kerryguy78

its a day for ranting isn't it, my rant is the 900euro tax i paid before xmas to pay for the lazy sods we have on the dole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

There are only 2 political parties who contest the presidential election in the USA, which is the biggest democracy in the world. However, they call crisps "chips", so their system doesn't work either

Who else was going to buy them? Tell us.

People say this and that but they are not dealing with reality. In 2010 this country was an absolute basketcase. You need big resources to risk investing in a broken economy on the chance things may lift.

The Irish developers were smashed.

NAMA were right to sell to the highest bidders. It's them same investment companies that are now queuing with planning applications.

NO Irish investors to my knowledge are in any position to do that atm.

There are reported queues of 50 to 60 people looking to view properties, rising prices, bidding wars etc. There doesn't appear to be any shortage of buyers.

Grayson wrote: »
    I dislike some property developers. Mainly the ones who have massive debts to banks we bailed out and refuse to cough up the dough.

The rest I'm not fond off, but in the same way I dislike politicians. It's just a general prejudice I tend to hold. Considering I know feck all developers, or politicians, it's not really doing me, or anyone else much harm. :)

let's not forget the thousands of people who took out massive debts and can't pay them back too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Got any pics of your neighbour?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

The same idiots vote for both parties. We are a country of sheeple...

• Advertisement

daUbiq wrote: »
    The same idiots vote for both parties. We are a country of sheeple...

Oh no you didn't.

There are reported queues of 50 to 60 people looking to view properties, rising prices, bidding wars etc. There doesn't appear to be any shortage of buyers.

Takes time to go through the planning process in this country.

Also pisses a lot of developers off the number of rules that councils have put down regarding height and scale.

Look at Dublin's docklands. If the council stopped preventing more than 4 storey shoe boxes being put up 1,000's upon 1,000's of apartments could be delivered there.

The state apparatus like the councils are even more responsible for the housing shortage than anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MrJones1973

You are right-FG bankrupted nation twice. It was FG who supervised the banks pre 2008. Oh hang on a second they did none of these things. Dont get me wrong -I wont be voting for any party in this Government but to say they are the same as FF is pure drivel.

Takes time to go through the planning process in this country.

Also pisses a lot of developers off the number of rules that councils have put down regarding height and scale.

Look at Dublin's docklands. If the council stopped preventing more than 4 storey shoe boxes being put up 1,000's upon 1,000's of apartments could be delivered there.

The state apparatus like the councils are even more responsible for the housing shortage than anyone else.
    ???

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

There are only 2 political parties who contest the presidential election in the USA, which is the biggest democracy in the world. However, they call crisps "chips", so their system doesn't work either

Democracy? The yank warmongers have no idea what democracy is. America is a plutocratic idiocrocy! Idiots vote for rich idiots. Lobbying rules the day and gets the corporations what they want - that's not democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kerryguy78

FF should never again be left near power they are muppets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I believe I can see the future
    'Cause I repeat the same routine
    I think I used to have a purpose
    But then again, that might have been a dream

I think I used to have a voice
    Now I never make a sound
    I just do what I've been told
    I really don't want them to come around, oh no

Fianna Gael/Fail are exactly the same
    There is no love here and there is no pain

I can feel their eyes are watching
    In case I lose myself again
    Sometimes I think I'm happy here
    (Sometimes)
    Sometimes, yet I still pretend

I can't remember how this got started
    Oh, but I can tell you exactly how it will end

There is no love here and there is no pain

???

I'm pointing out the connection between restrictive planning rules and the number of houses being provided.

Only a couple of months a go in Dublin city center a new apartment block was shot down because it was "over scaled" - when in fact to any reasonable person it clearly wasn't.

They do this on the pretense of protecting our derelict Georgian city - what it actually does is stop much needed housing being built. Hence more queues and more price rises.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Sinead o'Connor will sort it all out.

• Advertisement

Global Tax Evasion. I'll expose it as part of my NY promises.

Advertisement