Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brilliant movies you know are actually terrible movies and why you love them

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Armageddon

It's cheesy, loud, bombastic, corny, melodramatic, rushed editing towards the end, cocky Ben Affleck, drenched in orange & teal.....

.....but I don't care, I love watching it. Steve Buscemi makes it for me
    Hey, guys, remember, we're, we're heroes now. So that incident with me and the gun on the asteroid? Let's keep that under wraps all right?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Mr Freeze wrote:
    Willow (1998)

1988!!! You nearly gave me heart attack with that typo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

FunLover18 wrote: »
    1988!!! You nearly gave me heart attack with that typo

Whoops. Corrected. Sure I still think the 90s was a decade ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭happysunnydays

Bacchus wrote: »
    I thought both those movies were excellent. Both split audiences to a certain extent I suppose but the critics reviews on RT are 90% and 73% respectively.

I thought they were both excellent too, .....but I mean c'mon, apes building wood houses, firing machine guns and then interstellar travel through wormholes being passed off as reality and scientific fact. It's all completely ridiculous and laughable, they might have been so much better if they didn't take themselves so seriously.

'Flash Gordan', 'Starship Troppers' and 'Hellraiser' are all miles better than anything released this year because they know they aren't being serious. They are pure straight forward entertainment and deserve their cult classic status.

How many films this year will go on to become cult classics?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I wouldn't say it's so terrible it's brilliant but I remember really Killers with Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl. I remember thinking that the action was really good but I haven't seen it since it came out in cinema

• Advertisement
Advertisement