Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boy Racers making life hell...?

Options
  • 30-12-2014 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

What's your opinions on this? If anybody does not know what toughers is, It's a place where car enthusiasts go every month to do some donuts at the back of a restaurant in carlow, I was under the illusion the property owner granted permission for the meeting point on his land considering I was in the establishment on a "cruise" night and had a very warm welcome from the staff. Surely if it was that much of a hindrance and had been an ongoing issue the owner of said property would employ the use of gates. The gaurds do come in but they don't say anything to anybody at all, So it's under the feeling that they don't care once people don't go out on the road.. That's what they said to my friend anyway.. I don't see how people doing donuts in a big wide car park is hurting the world at the end of the day, And there's alot worse and more important things to be worrying about at the end of the day instead of a few lads and girls doing donuts in a car park outside carlow town..

c9a7b68623f244e4eba769a3116b664f.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rubin_spitfire

If the spokesperson for the restaurant is speaking the truth; these people are scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

The noise carries for miles.

I'm all in favour of people taking an open-arms approach to providing areas for people interested in drifting/diffing to do what they may. But a bit of common sense wouldn't go astray either.

2.30am isn't the time to be providing a place for people to go diffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Daaryl wrote: »
    .....I don't see how people doing donuts in a big wide car park is hurting the world at the end of the day....

If they're doing this as late at night as the article suggests then were I living in the area I'd be rightfully pee'd off. Noise travels at night and a hard reeving engine and tyre squeals are a really irritating noise when you/your family are trying to get some kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Driving at speed, revving their engines, spinning donuts.
    They need to get themselves some girlfriends...

Is this a snippet from the Waterford Whisper?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

If they're doing this as late at night as the article suggests then were I living in the area I'd be rightfully pee'd off. Noise travels at night and a hard reeving engine and tyre squeals are a really irritating noise when you/your family are trying to get some kip.

Yeah i understand that, But people don't have the money to go to mondello and racetracks so they turn to the next solution and that's do it in car parks some people turn to backroads and you get the other eijits who do it on main roads and others who do roundabouts..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Damien360

Haven't seen boy racers drifting since the end of the boom here. Recession must be over.

When we did have them doing donuts years ago, you were wasting your time calling the guards. Until someone dies, they don't want to know. Unsocial behaviour is not on their radar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

CianRyan wrote: »
    Driving at speed, revving their engines, spinning donuts.
    They need to get themselves some girlfriends...

Is this a snippet from the Waterford Whisper?

Any mention of wheelies? Love it when journos use wheelies and modified cars in the same sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

Any mention of wheelies? Love it when journos use wheelies and modified cars in the same sentence.

Don't forget the screeching brakes :pac:

I wouldn't even call this lad a journalist.
    Bottom of the barrel stuff really, completely disregard it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 489 ✭✭Sclosages

Daaryl wrote: »
    Yeah i understand that, But people don't have the money to go to mondello and racetracks so they turn to the next solution and that's do it in car parks some people turn to backroads and you get the other eijits who do it on main roads and others who do roundabouts..

I know what you mean.

I feel like murdering a lot of people but I'm finding I'm having to go on backroads. And things like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Had it in my area for a few weeks during the summer and getting a decent nights sleep was impossible. For that alone I'd string up the fcukers.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

Id say the issue here is the liability in case something happens.

Who's going to be pursued for damages if there is an accident? The owner, the management of the restaurant or the lads driving round. Could end up coming back on the occupiers public liability for providing an opportunity for the cruises and somewhat enabling it.

This is where people interested in the scene do themselves no favours. Disregarding actual genuine complaints because it doesn't agree with their stance. The journalism may not be the best in the world but it is making a point - If you're being given a place to go and mess - don't do it at 2.30am when people in earshot are trying to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

I live near a motorway and every friday saturday night we have them here going around roundabouts then down the motor way and back again all at 12/1 at night. Some pain!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

The article says the bloke is from Palestine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Damien360

Jesus. wrote: »

You need glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭puddinboxxx

Bastards..they should be off binge drinking and doin drugs like everyone else there age.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

If I was trying to run a business and had people coming in doing this in my car park to the annoyance of my customers, I would be inclined to put down a few tyre shredders to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Young hooligans.
    The man's only trying to run a fair business like.

Wonder why he was being picked on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Jesus. wrote: »
    Well Jerusalem is only a few miles away across the border. :D

The restaurant was a popular truck stop/refuelling station and you can still find trucks parked up there overnight. It's probably not feasible to install a gate and even if it was, the size of the entrance would make it an expensive option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Snigger

Put up a f*ckin gate

This is where people interested in the scene do themselves no favours. Disregarding actual genuine complaints because it doesn't agree with their stance. The journalism may not be the best in the world but it is making a point - If you're being given a place to go and mess - don't do it at 2.30am when people in earshot are trying to sleep.

Well as you know, I'm from nowhere near the place so I'm certainly not a part of that scene. I've never been there.

I can take serious complaints on board all day long but the "journalist" and the supposed interviewee both come across is fuxking eejits so it's hard to take either seriously or even believe half the ****e that's written.
    Because a tabloid has never made up a story for the sake of drama and sales...

Well as you know, I'm from nowhere near the place so I'm certainly not a part of that scene.

You're interested in RWD car shenanigans. That's what I meant. Seems everyone else understood that too.

You're interested in RWD car shenanigans. That's what I meant. Seems everyone else understood that too.

Haha, I own a RWD car and do plan on bringing it to drift days in Mondello, that much is true.

I can count on two fingers the amount of times I've made a car go around in a circle and both times were very isolated farm/bog land and not in the middle of the night.
    I think you have a bit of a skewed view of who I am and what I do in my spare time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Will eventually come back and bite the business owner on the arse when an accident happens.

Time and a place and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

There's lots of drifting clubs around and I don't mind lads taking part in all that craic in a controlled environment, at a decent hour. For example Knock has a drifting society, near the airport, but in the middle of the night, you get crowds of lads on public roads around the airport jig acting. Brings a bad name to the club, as it's thought of as being their fault. Quite funny actually, there's a quiet road that runs parallel along with the runway for the 2km or so. I've seen some lads trying to race planes as they take off, at over 170km/h..... (The planes that is, the cars wouldn't get a chance to build up to that in time!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Well as you know, I'm from nowhere near the place so I'm certainly not a part of that scene. I've never been there.

I can take serious complaints on board all day long but the "journalist" and the supposed interviewee both come across is fuxking eejits so it's hard to take either seriously or even believe half the ****e that's written.
    Because a tabloid has never made up a story for the sake of drama and sales...
    While "a living hell" certainly seems hyperbolic the night-time antics has been going on for a number of years. Palatine is only 1km away (as the crow flies) across flat land with only a few low hedges in the way so it's entirely credible the sound could be heard clearly there in the dead of night.
    Sound can travel much further in the colder night air especially if you're downwind.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rubin_spitfire

And obviously these people know exactly the effects of what they are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

If the spokesperson for the restaurant is speaking the truth; these people are scumbags.

Lol. They must have destroyed the car-park in Newbridge too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

http://www.mondello.ie/track_days/car_track_days/
    40 min away???
    Affordable and enjoyable ,

Advertisement