Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signed up to City Bin without my consent or prior notification

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

davo10 wrote: »
    So they have the info which is often available on goldenpages. I'm sorry but I still can't see your gripe, you can still just phone up and change provider

Yep you are right, I forgot my email and other personal details are on the golden pages. :rolleyes: Curious how they managed to get those details from the Goldenpages seeing as my mobile number isn't listed.

It's clear you have freakishly low standards regarding how your personal details are handled by 3rd parties (good luck with that btw) plus you are so deeply entrenched playing devil's advocate at this stage that it would make you look even more foolish to change your opinions at this stage, so I'll skip trying to explain basic data protection law for the nth time.

Amusing thread it has to be said :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

mrcheez wrote: »
    Yep you are right, I forgot my email and other personal details are on the golden pages. :rolleyes: Curious how they managed to get those details from the Goldenpages seeing as my mobile number isn't listed.

It's clear you have freakishly low standards regarding how your personal details are handled by 3rd parties (good luck with that btw) plus you are so deeply entrenched playing devil's advocate at this stage that it would make you look even more foolish to change your opinions at this stage, so I'll skip trying to explain basic data protection law for the nth time.

Amusing thread it has to be said :)

If they passed details like PPS or bank details, I would have a real problem but they didn't. DCC seem to require you to sign up for waste disposal or inform them of alternative arrangements. One operator can no longer provide the service so they inform the new operator of their "pick ups" to ensure continuity of service, and the new operator then contacts you to set up an account. You can change provider at any time. Not everyone has email and unless there was a hand over of some details, there is a distinct possibility that refuse would go uncollected. Then this thread would be about piles of rubbish building up because previous company did not inform new company of people who's rubbish they collect.

The strange thing about this thread is that you have absolutely no obligation to pay the new provider, you could have phoned/emailed them to let them know you were going with another company and that would be that. Instead you seem to be annoyed that your existing refuse collector informed the new collector that you were one of their clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Seeing as you don't formally register with the City Hall in Ireland, how does Dublin CC even know if there is someone actually living at the house ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

One operator can no longer provide the service so they inform the new operator of their "pick ups" to ensure continuity of service, and the new operator then contacts you to set up an account.

If they did this and let me exercise consumer choice by accepting/turning down their offer BEFORE signing me up I'd have no problem. Accepting their offer I would then proceed to give them my personal details, not before.

As it stands I was signed up automagically and already my bin was picked up and bins replaced with red City Bin ones before I gave any consent to this change and the new charges.
    you seem to be annoyed that your existing refuse collector informed the new collector that you were one of their clients.

Nope that's not it at all.

I give up, unfollowing.

Advertisement