Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9, Jan 4

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Meltzer's Star Ratings:
    Rambo - * 1/2
    Junior Tag - ****
    Six-Man Tag - ** 1/4
    Eight-Man Tag - **
    MiSu vs. Saku - *** 3/4
    Makabe vs. Ishii - **** 1/2
    Omega vs. Taguchi - *** 3/4
    Meiyu Tag vs. Biz Cliz - *** 1/2
    Styles vs. Naito - **** 1/4
    Nakamura vs. Ibushi - "This was an all-time classic match." *****
    Tana vs. Okada - **** 3/4

The Junior Tag and Makabe vs Ishii are a bit too high for me. Mainly due to them having better matches in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wolfpac

Is anyone else having problems with buffering videos on New Japan World?

If you have been living under a rock:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

wolfpac wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems with buffering videos on New Japan World?

It doesn't work on my Android now. WK9 live did work and quality was acceptible but it's since borked. Gonna cancel and wait for an app :( Fingers crossed for console apps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Watched this over a couple of nights. It was awesome. Loved the pace between the matches.

Favourite Matches?

Nakamura v Ibushi was just awesome. Both stars. Nakamura is special though.
    Really loved the no weight match between ishii and makabe.
    Okada is some star. JR really loves him. Really sold it to me that he is the future and the present of pro wrestling. Okada kicking out of the couple of frog splashes was unreal.

Aj Styles finishing with the Styles clash off the tope rope!. What do people think of that. Interesting to see JR mention the neck breaks.

I really enjoyed the commentary as well. Don't understand the dislike for Striker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

I really enjoyed the commentary as well. Don't understand the dislike for Striker.
    He was good on this show but you really can't judge him off this one performance watch him weekly on Lucha Underground or some random indie show he does commentary for he's really bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    He was good on this show but you really can't judge him off this one performance watch him weekly on Lucha Underground or some random indie show he does commentary for he's really bad.

I think he's dragged down a lot by vampiro on lucha underground.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Nakamura vs Ibushi... Wow. I mean... What can I say? One of the best matches I've seen in a really really long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just finished it .....wow i watched NXT there today before i watched the last 3 matchs and the disparity in quality is amazing , If WWE could pull of a 1/4 of this show it would be beyond amazing , This is probably my 1st time watching NJPW properly a full show from start to finish

The 1st thing that struck me instantly is all the wrestlers go at it full throttle theres no handbrake on (or wwe style) and the severity of some of the hits especially in the bigger matches were unreal can you imagine Cena taking some of the forearms and punchs like Okada and Tanahashi were exchanging and coming back smiling the next night like he usually does highly doubtful

I loved the hard hitting nature of it and I can't wait to see more of it , Okada , Ibushi , Nakamura and Tanahashi don't know where to even start with these guys, don't know Punk got off saying he was the best in the world all along these 4 are clearly way better , Ill comment more later but im still processing it i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I'm not mad on Tanahashi, I never really enjoy his matches very much but the main even was brilliant as well. Okada is a superstar in his own right, and JR sold that very well but I get quite a John Cena feel for Tana everytime I watch him - I get why he is in the main event, but I want someone else to be there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Is Nakamura's gimmick supposed to be a gay pirate junkie?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Think he's a massive fan of Michael Jackson and Freddy Mercury

He was REALLY dull at one time. Just an shooter faux-MMA type. He turned a corner after an excursion to Mexico. The joke is that he discovered cocaine/crack there. He has had his current persona since 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Whosthis wrote: »
    Is Nakamura's gimmick supposed to be a gay pirate junkie?

Paul Burchill gimmick infringement?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I watched Ibushi/Nakamura in English there and I didn't care for the commentary at all. It seemed very cold, very matter of fact. Most of the big spots were called after the fact and it just seemed to suck some of the energy out of the match. JR was better for the main event though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Not sure where else to put this, I'm thinking about purchasing New Japan World, has anyone on here gotten it? If so any feedback about it? Is it worth the price? Easy to navigate? And is there any streaming issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Not sure where else to put this, I'm thinking about purchasing New Japan World, has anyone on here gotten it? If so any feedback about it? Is it worth the price? Easy to navigate? And is there any streaming issues?

I've had it since the start it's well worth the money very easy to navigate just use google chrome and it translates the whole website for you and I've had no streaming problem and my internet is inconsistent as hell.

Yeah it is grand. I find it more inviting/of use compared the WWE Network.

I will say Johnny and myself are "lead user" types and long suffering consumers of really complex forerunners to this services whether it be to watch Japanese or Indie Wrestling. New Japan World isn't a complete piece of piss to navigate initially so any questions or assistance feel free to ask us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

rovert wrote: »
    Yeah it is grand. I find it more inviting/of use compared the WWE Network.

I will say Johnny and myself are "lead user" types and long suffering consumers of really complex forerunners to this services whether it be to watch Japanese or Indie Wrestling. New Japan World isn't a complete piece of piss to navigate initially so any questions or assistance feel free to ask us.

That'd be brilliant mate, much appreciated.

Advertisement