Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9, Jan 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Has anyone worked out how to book it on the Flipps app? I've it installed and a chromecast but all I can find are hype videos.

The UI is absolutely dreadful!

Ridiculous you can't just watch it on pc too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Nope they've really dropped the ball with it, they could've at least give some info on how to pay for it. The only thing I've seen which was on Twitter was that its an in-app purchase and your Google play store account will be debited.

I imagine it will appear and you purchase it like the film's that are on the app.

I agree with you about the interface, leaves a lot to be desired!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

My the Bullet Club has grown

B6ZZzaTCMAAteFw.jpg

and Yujiro isn't there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

They updated the Flipps app you can order the show through it now.

CAHhiPW.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

If you weren't watching New Japan's press event thing this morning you've missed quite the strange, weird, boring, utterly baffling yet oddly captivating treat.

All FOUR AND A HALF HOURS OF IT and counting,we're only getting wrestling matches now shortly.

Tapped out at 6am and this went another TWO AND A HALF HOURS

https://twitter.com/enuhito/status/551272229191700480

Might want to hold back on watching live through Flipps according to this if you're using Chromecast or a Xbox it won't work live just the replay.

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/551378257057435649

Beyond useless. It's like they actively want me to pirate it.

GFW screwed GFW.

• Advertisement

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Beyond useless. It's like they actively want me to pirate it.

GFW screwed GFW.

Get NJPW World it is only a few Euro and you can easily cancel. The stream quality is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, no WWE Network style geo block and there's no buffering.

A friend has it, he uses my Network account in exchange, I'll watch it there, just silly that I was willing to pay for English commentary and they make it so hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

€30 to watch in English. That's utter bollokcs. I'll stick to my NJPW world sub and do my usual call the match in my head schtick

€30 to watch in English. That's utter bollokcs. I'll stick to my NJPW world sub and do my usual call the match in my head schtick

That's all before the show starts then you have to worry about buffering and crashes. I've been through the wars with Internet Pay Per Views over the years with ROH and other Indies. Nothing ruins your buzz more than that stuff. Then you wait/fight for refund.

An annoying thing with some other fans online is that they think all Wrestling is as complex as WWE or TNA and needs to be explained to them like a child. They then refuse to listen to the fact that New Japan's storylines largely so basic. Man wants to beat the other man as it will itch him closer to the title. I get wanting to listen to Jim Ross potentially one last time. But paying 5 times the price to have a product so basic explained to you by announcers with vaguely decent product knowledge themselves? No chance mate.

If you what get to know what's going on you catch up with

Audio:
    https://twitter.com/LAWradio/status/550375097132138496

By reading:
    http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2014/12/30/njpw-wrestle-kingdom-9-preview-predictions/

Or by GFW stuff on Youtube.

Choose just one of the options and you should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'd still have rathered Styles vs Okada as the main event.

that match would never have mainevented anyway. tanahashi is the number one guy in the promotion clearly and he has only failed to mainevent one toyko dome show since 2007. okada was champion this time a year ago and didn't mainevent.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Not sure if its any use to you guys, but I use the Flipps app to stream things from my tablet to the telly/xbox and just there I got a push notification from it, to say that I could watch WrestleKingdom on it. I've not used it to watch things on (I just use it to mirror), so I can't guarantee anything in terms of quality/reliability, but it could be an option for some of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

My internet has been terrible the last number of days. I've been downloading a 2gb show on Sky On Demand for 9 hours now and it's still not finished so I don't think I'll be watching this in the morning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

For everybody getting up at 6:30am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Just signed up to NJPW World for this. Is there a 24/7 "live stream" a la WWE Network?

Ageyev wrote: »
    Just signed up to NJPW World for this. Is there a 24/7 "live stream" a la WWE Network?

No. But there's lots playlists floating around.

The king of which is:
    https://twitter.com/SenorLARIATO/status/541264266436026368

• Advertisement

Not long now can't wait.

B6e8CCoCMAAIKtS.jpg

I am so excited guys. Love Wrestlemania especially last year's show but WrestleKingdom really delivers in ring.

Here's a way to get Flipps working from your phone to a laptop or pc.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2r46zq/short_guide_on_how_to_watch_wrestle_kingdom_9_on/

Stream quality is better than WWE Network

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭The White Feather

What time does this start at?

Thanks everyone for replying but I see its on now.....

People got badly screwed on Flipps app. Don't know all the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

rovert wrote: »
    Stream quality is better than WWE Network

On some devices maybe. On Android it is acceptable at best.

I am new to NJPW. this first match was very good!! :)

• Advertisement

Not to be going over old material but its very good to hear commentators actually talk about the history of the wrestlers and whats happening in the ring rather than other rubbish

Advertisement