Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whining Hysterical Emigrants

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Joke from Oz

"How do you know when the plane with the poms has arrived ?"

"the engines have stopped but you can still hear the whinning"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Some people in Ireland have a serious feckin' bee in their bonnet about emigrants. It's pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭IsaacWunder

somefeen wrote: »
    And in Ireland, if you buy a house its yours. UK has this ancient system of leaseholds and freeholds, pure bollocks.

We have the same system in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

do you want some cheese with that whine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Archeron

MadYaker wrote: »
    I know a guy who doesn't have nipples.

I know a guy with three, we should introduce them to each other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Some people in Ireland have a serious feckin' bee in their bonnet about emigrants. It's pathetic.

TBF...there is a great many emigrants have a serious dislike of Ireland (and rightly so in many cases)
    but there nothing worse than someone coming home every few years and laughing at you.....telling you everything about where you live is sh1te

*this is very rare....most are delighted to be back for the few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Thought for a second the thread title was "Winning Hysterical Arguments".

New glasses in the new year for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

TBF...there is a great many emigrants have a serious dislike of Ireland (and rightly so in many cases)
    but there nothing worse than someone coming home every few years and laughing at you.....telling you everything about where you live is sh1te

*this is very rare....most are delighted to be back for the few weeks

I'm talking about those who resent emigrants full stop. That might not be the case with the OP but you see a bit of it on here. It's not easy for many of us to be away from family and not all of us are smug bastards.

Granted, the ones that are must be irritating alright and if that's what the thread is about, I'll shimmy out the side door and leave yous to it......

*shimmies out the side door*

Advertisement