Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game-week 20 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Probably Bony out, Jovetic most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

either bank it or finally get rid of moore or cattermole

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

FHFC wrote: »
    Probably Bony out, Jovetic most likely.

Not convinced by Jovetic, I'd rather wait to see him actually do something of note before taking the plunge on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

menoscemo wrote: »
    Chambers to someone, not sure who, my instinct is to buy in a cheapie.

Further to this....I have 3 defenders I am happy to play next GW and just realised my only active GK (pantilimon) is away to Man City next with a few bad gaes to follow, Might bump Elliot up to Green instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Id a look at the next few weeks fixtures and looking at my squad. I reckon for the first time ever I wont be playing the wildcard at first available opportunity. Eriksen to sterling as planned and then Yaya to fab the week after.

Yea same here, I'm even making the same transfer as you this week. I'd forgotten about the wild card until you mentioned it, I'd prefer if we didn't have it this year as I can see me making changes just for the sake of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Further to this....I have 3 defenders I am happy to play next GW and just realised my only active GK (pantilimon) is away to Man City next with a few bad gaes to follow, Might bump Elliot up to Green instead.

I've Panti and Elliot too but think I'll just play Panti and hope he can rack up some save points.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Id a look at the next few weeks fixtures and looking at my squad. I reckon for the first time ever I wont be playing the wildcard at first available opportunity. Eriksen to sterling as planned and then Yaya to fab the week after.

I always wait as late as possible. I usually find my team is set up how I want it after Xmas as you get so many transfers in a short space of time.

This season, Aguero is due back in late January so holding it also suits.

I've Panti and Elliot too but think I'll just play Panti and hope he can rack up some save points.

I would do that too but after City he is home to Liverpool than away to Spurs....anybody got an update on when Elliot might be back?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

I would do that too but after City he is home to Liverpool than away to Spurs....anybody got an update on when Elliot might be back?

It was reported that both him and Krul are expected back mid January.

Correction Elliott towards end of January

http://www.nufcblog.com/2014/12/23/good-news-newcastle-goalkeeper-back-soon/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Dempsey wrote: »
    Not convinced by Jovetic, I'd rather wait to see him actually do something of note before taking the plunge on him

Yeah, be interested to see if he looked in any way sharp coming on today. Anybody see the full game?

Banking it is also an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It says the 17th on the site but Krul could be back by then too. Just looking at what would be the best partner for Panti rotation wise...either Green or Guzan I guess.

Will probably end up doing Yaya to Silva a week earlier than expected.

I'm hoping Bony scores tomorrow to give me a reason to keep him. I still don't know who I'd replace him with.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Might have an issue with Clark already and discontent with RVP continues and Bentrkers could have been a mistake but I may bank again and have 2 while many use their WC. Not doing anything until New Years Eve anyway though

Might have an issue with Clark already and discontent with RVP continues and Bentrkers could have been a mistake but I may bank again and have 2 while many use their WC. Not doing anything until New Years Eve anyway though

Re Clarke:

@BenDinnery: Lambert confirms Ciaran Clark was subbed due to a back injury while Jores Okore was on the bench because he wanted to protect his DEF #AVFC

Clyne is also going to miss the Arsenal game:

@BenDinnery: Koeman confirms "[Clyne] got a kick on his ankle. He's out for around 10 days. I don't think he'll be available for Arsenal game" #SaintsFC

Lemlin wrote: »

I'm hoping Bony scores tomorrow to give me a reason to keep him. I still don't know who I'd replace him with.

Silva could end up getting rested next gameweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭evancmurphy00

So currently have this team:

Fabianski
    Skrtel Terry Bertrand
    Eriksen Downing Hazard Fabregas Chadli
    Austin (C) Kane

Szczesney Clyne Sakho Ward

Thinking of getting rid of Szczesney and replacing him with Pantilimon. Then thinking of getting rid of Clyne and replacing him with John O' Shea and bringing in Rooney for Sakho. Would then play Rooney instead of Chadli probably or maybe Downing. Could also replace Eriksen if I were to get a player that cost more than Rooney. Thoughts on this?

So currently have this team:

Fabianski
    Skrtel Terry Bertrand
    Eriksen Downing Hazard Fabregas Chadli
    Austin (C) Kane

Szczesney Clyne Sakho Ward

Thinking of getting rid of Szczesney and replacing him with Pantilimon. Then thinking of getting rid of Clyne and replacing him with John O' Shea and bringing in Rooney for Sakho. Would then play Rooney instead of Chadli probably or maybe Downing. Could also replace Eriksen if I were to get a player that cost more than Rooney. Thoughts on this?

I can understand trying to bring Rooney in because of his price relative to RVP and Uniteds form but he really is playing deeper.
    If you are comfortable paying 10.7 for a forward who is essentially playing attacking midfield then why not! Cant help thinking Di Maria at soon-to-be 9.4 might be better value for money when fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah, be interested to see if he looked in any way sharp coming on today. Anybody see the full game?

Banking it is also an option.

I watched he didn't do much had 1 good shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭evancmurphy00

I can understand trying to bring Rooney in because of his price relative to RVP and Uniteds form but he really is playing deeper.
    If you are comfortable paying 10.7 for a forward who is essentially playing attacking midfield then why not! Cant help thinking Di Maria at soon-to-be 9.4 might be better value for money when fit.

Could always get rid of Eriksen to afford Van Persie, Falcao or Costa. This would probably be better I would say?

Could always get rid of Eriksen to afford Van Persie, Falcao or Costa. This would probably be better I would say?

If I was you, I would work towards getting Aguero with your wildcard in Jan.
    Chadli could go, and certainly too much spent in defence and gk. 2 reasonably premium gk is overkill, for exampe u can have courtois for marginally more than either of your current gk. or gk like Panti is decent value for money.
    2 Southampton def is overkill now that their exceptional cleansheet spell is well gone. Ward as 5th choice def also too expensive.
    Just my 2 cents! (5k rank to prove not totally brainless :P)

• Advertisement

It was reported that both him and Krul are expected back mid January.

Correction Elliott towards end of January

http://www.nufcblog.com/2014/12/23/good-news-newcastle-goalkeeper-back-soon/

Thats very useful, Ill probabaly hold on and Upgrade Elliot to Krul in a few weeks. I have had a Sunderland + a Newcastle GK all Year and it has served me well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

What is with the love of Man U players, today's match alone - how many chances did they have - they were fairly anonymous in the second half, united strikers are not worth the money atm.

Costa is hot and cold - more cold these days, Chelsea are also a team that don't go for big wins, so it's probably better to get 5 top midfielders and 2 good strikers - plenty of which are not costing a bomb.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    What is with the love of Man U players, today's match alone - how many chances did they have - they were fairly anonymous in the second half, united strikers are not worth the money atm.

Costa is hot and cold - more cold these days, Chelsea are also a team that don't go for big wins, so it's probably better to get 5 top midfielders and 2 good strikers - plenty of which are not costing a bomb.

Little harsh maybe as they had plenty of chances in first 60mins before running out of steam. Certainly RVP had chances he puts away more often than not.
    I think alot are trying to find a way into the United team as they are 3rd, european football free, and in good form.
    Rooney is way too deep, RVP too expensive as u say, and Falcao yet to go on a run and faded badly towards the end of Spurs game.
    Di Maria is soon to be 9.4 and if he regains fitness could be the best value way in to their attacking potential. But his fitness is a doubt currently.
    But they do have some nice fixtures!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

just did my transfer there - Silva, hazard in toure santi out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

My defenders are Azpilicueta,Zabaleta,Dummett,Clyne and O' Shea,
    Earlier today was thinking of swopping Azpil for another good def eg Terry as he's been rotated too much ...but now with Clyne injured I'm thinking of getting rid of him as they have tricky games coming up and I have money in bank ...and I don't intend on using WC too quickly.
    So who would you upgrade Clyne to ...Terry ,Cahill,or Another City def...maybe Kompany (shouldn't he be back definitely for New Yrs game??)...

Really appreciate anyone's views...I'm doing well last few weeks and want to keep it going:)

Ps My thinking on Chelsea is Terry might be rested with Cahill playing more games??
    And Kompany should tighten up City defence again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Shane732 wrote: »
    I'm in trouble with my defence...

Am I mad to be considering Skertel?

I've Hutton, Clichy, Clyne, Moore and Chambers.

Clyne out, Clichy subject to rotation, Chambers dropped, Moore not starting.

So I'm looking at Clichy (hoping he gets the nod), Hutton and Skertel.

I went mad last week and got Skertel in. His fixtures look ok between now and when I plan to WC.
    But it is a big gamble as liverpool are poor in defence.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Silva could end up getting rested next gameweek.

I'd say the big teams will be resting their star players during the FA Cup - too close in the league to be resting them for league matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Lemlin wrote: »

I think Ings is worth looking at. Burnley have some great fixtures coming up - new QPR CPL sun WBA.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'd say the big teams will be resting their star players during the FA Cup - too close in the league to be resting them for league matches.

Then why did ManC bother dropping Toure 2 games before he leaves the squad for international duty? I believe they want him in good nick because another important player is getting rotated the next game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Then why did ManC bother dropping Toure 2 games before he leaves the squad for international duty? I believe they want him in good nick because another important player is getting rotated the next game

He was carrying an injury. Groin.

Advertisement