Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 19 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Fall from 5k to 8k. Considering my GW rank, I'm more than happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Fall from 700 to 1.1k with 34 points.

I now regret selling Siggurdson, I said it few times that he was a season keeper but didn't stick to it.

Special thanks go to my defence - great bunch of lads.

333133.png

Worth only 22.2m - what can you expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

40 points sees me drop 150 places to 3.1k.

still grand

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Selling Siggy is one of my biggest regrets since I started playing this game. I honestly can't believe I let him go. He's the perfect 4th mid. Had him from the start so it's going to hit my team value hard to get him back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

jebforever wrote: »
    Selling Siggy is one of my biggest regrets since I started playing this game. I honestly can't believe I let him go. He's the perfect 4th mid. Had him from the start so it's going to hit my team value hard to get him back in.

I think I just messed to much with my team tbh - last few weeks I got rid of players who keep producing only to bring popular players out of fear that they will outscore my first choice team.

If I wasn't flying through rankings I would probably leave it as it was. I was afraid of sudden drop and brought Downing, Bony and few more and it didn't work.

These were not bad transfers but they were not necessary given my position and scores.

Going to fix it with wildcard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Down 3k to 26k. Siggy's 8 pts tonight must be the 20k average since I haven't moved from my yesterday's position (just a couple of places I'd say).

Lost 4 pts in my 50/50 (C) decision. Austin was hard to ignore though... and Silva could have been given a 59 min frustrating game.
    Lost 4 pts with my transfer. Baines -> Zab. It was written. But firing Baines was a relief. Now Zab might become my new expensive frustration at the back :rolleyes:... Good news is we're almost on WC territory ;).

My recent progress is halted but I didn't go too much backwards. Almost a GW for nothing. Finishing 2014 at 26k has me pretty satisfied though considering where I was 1 month ago and the many captain fails I had (I didn't have such a horrendous run as FHFC's experiencing right now but I'd say overall I've been sh*ter than him... which speaks for itself really :o :P :pac:).

Now hopefully I can start 2015 with a blinder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lost in cup 79-49 oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

33 this week and won my cup match 33-22 :) down to 25k overall so not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

47 points leaves me at 5.7k from 7.1k last week. Lost both my Cup match and a H2H after their Yaya (c) changed to Hazard (c). Bony's blank also meant I lost my cash league Manager of the Month by a point.

Overall though I'm in good shape at the halfway stage. Top of both cash leagues, squad's in good nick, and if I can get the armband on the right player for a couple of weeks I could kick on.

Going to hang on to the wildcard till as late as I can as well - using that well will be crucial.

As someone said above, finding this forum just before the season started has been a huge bonus too, great insights and debate. Happy New Year to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

So Christmas hasn't worked out too well.
    My 3rd red arrow in a row has seen me drop to 21,600th place.

Despite this I don't think I need major surgery yet.

Azpi will need to go but can wait until WC. He'll definitely start next game.
    Zabaleta probably needs to go but can also wait. Coloccini home to Burnley if Zabaleta doesn't play on New Years Day.
    Bony needs to go and I may sell him this week.
    RVP needs to go but again he's not that much of a priority sale. I'm sure he'll start again and there may isn't a striker that's a must have now. Maybe Costa is a must have because of his high ownership. I'd be buying him out of fear.

I see no real need to use the WC early especially with the FA Cup when only God knows what injuries might happen etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Moved up to 17k after 46 (no hits). Can't complain about that.

A grey arrow in ultimate as I stayed in 13th overall, happy with that though as took a 7 point hit to get in Silva for 2 weeks and that hit has been absorbed now.

Season long team had a GW rank of 3k and is now just inside the top 25k overall. Only nine points behind my actual team. Makes ya wonder why we bother with all the transfers and agonising over capts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Unbelievably I made ground in two of my 3 PLs after the atrocious 38 points.
    The 3rd league is over now. I'm 70 behind or something. Not going to make that up.
    Second in the other two and only a couple of points behind in both. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

G1032 wrote: »
    The 3rd league is over now. I'm 70 behind or something. Not going to make that up.

70 points is an average of just 4 points per week to catch up. Its tough but not impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

70 behind at this stage is nothing. 3 or 4 pts a week is all you have to make up. I've won mini leagues having been almost 100 pts behind with 6 gws to go.Even this season I was 100 pts behind the leader in one of my leagues in gw 8 I'm now over 100 pts ahead of that lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

40pts this week.

I was 5.8k in the world overall for December, brings my ranking up from 275k on Dec 1st to 41k today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Into top 25k for the first time this season. Now aiming to beat my best ever finish of 9k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Shedite27 wrote: »
    40pts this week.

I was 5.8k in the world overall for December, brings my ranking up from 275k on Dec 1st to 41k today.

41 pts I was 12k in the world for Dec, brought me from 270 K to 100k overall

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Siggy's 8 points, coupled with Yaya coming out of people's teams last night, as well as Boyd coming into team, captain changes etc, moved from 5.5k to 5.2k last night.

still a net gain of 24k places since Christmas.

Christmas season is just about the best time for your decisions to go right for you. went from 20 points behind in my main league to 70 ahead for instance; purely because i kept Siggy, kept Rooney, got Silva instead of Yaya and persevered with Green for another week, while others took hits for Sterling, Bony, and the like.

it was the Christmas for as little tinkering as possible! it could have easily gone wrong though, so you just have to ride with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

What's your plans for Rooney Slick? I have him but not sure on keeping him as I sent have Costa.

Not so sure this is the right week to sell him either

dahat wrote: »
    What's your plans for Rooney Slick? I have him but not sure on keeping him as I sent have Costa.

Not so sure this is the right week to sell him either

this week isn't the right week for me to ditch him. he's one of the ones I see as rotation proof, so I'll wait until after the FA Cup to decide on him.

i'm thinking of a Costa ----> Jovetic gamble; maybe even putting the captaincy on him.

either that or I'll ditch Chambers, but I just don't know who it would be for. I can't afford a City defender unless I take a hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

SlickRic wrote: »
    this week isn't the right week for me to ditch him. he's one of the ones I see as rotation proof, so I'll wait until after the FA Cup to decide on him.

i'm thinking of a Costa ----> Jovetic gamble; maybe even putting the captaincy on him.

either that or I'll ditch Chambers, but I just don't know who it would be for. I can't afford a City defender unless I take a hit.

Chambers to Villa defender is a move if you haven't got one.

Dzeko is back on GW21 so Jovetic could be a 1 week punt, not ideal really, unless they go two up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Last night was the icing of the cake on this GW. Taylor's 0 sees me finish on 26, one of the lowest scores I can remember in years. Dropped from 7k to 12.4k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

menoscemo wrote: »
    Glad that's over, through in the cup.
    I had nobody tonight and no subs coming in; now to sweat on how many places I drop on my overnight rank of 312....Am guessing I'll go well outside the top 500

Not half as bad as I feared, despite having no-one last night, I only dropped just over 100 places to 435. That's 6 green arrows in a row and now top of the boards.ie league :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

menoscemo wrote: »
    Not half as bad as I feared, despite having no-one last night, I only dropped just over 100 places to 435. That's 6 green arrows in a row and now top of the boards.ie league :)

And to think we were level on points 2 gameweeks ago.

You go top and I slip to 13th ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Finished at 53(-8) up to 66k in the world. Happy with that.

dahat wrote: »
    Chambers to Villa defender is a move if you haven't got one.

Have Vlaar. One of the reasons for my good score this past week.
    Dzeko is back on GW21 so Jovetic could be a 1 week punt, not ideal really, unless they go two up top.

Good point. I would probably take the punt, but I don't want to wildcard until Aguero is back. I'd rather my team stay as solid as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Rikand wrote: »
    And to think we were level on points 2 gameweeks ago.

You go top and I slip to 13th ;)

Yeah it's mad how quick things change. it's not exactly like I have had spectacular weeks either, GW ranks of 111k and 470k in those two weeks. Sums up my season so far, consistency over brilliance (only two trips to the Millionaire club but only inside the top 100k 4 times)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I was over 80 ahead of a lad last year around GW25 or GW26 and he beat me by six or seven points. 70 points is nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

4722th for December here :D. From 188k to 26k. Just need to carry on that progress curve now :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

So i finish almost 3k up on previous gw now at 3.6k great ending to the year sees me finish 2014 with 1,111pts.

I finished 310th overall for December, impressed myself with that!!

Advertisement