Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 19 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Is lamela on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Morning all. I line up as follows:

0b6c1884d19b789fc60a69f412281580.png

With a lot of big hitters playing away from home and the chance of some rotation, I think the average will be quite low this gameweek.

I'm hoping Van Persie stays quiet today after transferring him out in order to be able to upgrade Chester to Zabaleta.

Good luck everyone. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

irish_man wrote: »
    Ayoze to Benteke for a -4 anyone?

I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

captain chocie help !!!!
    yaya or Austin ? currently on yaya
    sub choice order help!
    wisdom (away to stoke)
    Taylor (away to pool)
    Boyd (away to city)
    please and thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

I would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Okore or Clark of Villa or Cameron of Stoke?

Which would ye choose? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭amber69

If you're 1 going to captain him 2 using it to block an opponent 3 see it as a long term sub. Work away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    It should be a Guinness World Record that Spurs have spent over 100 mil in the past couple of seasons and still play him the odd time :D

You'll be hearing from me quicker than finnharpsboy when he comes up with the goods later on:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Going without Austin going to be a long afternoon, listening from behind the couch.
    Guzan
    Hutton Clichy Chambers
    Downing Sanchez Silva (c), Yaya
    Kane, Costa, Rooney
    Subs Wanyama, Cresswell, Wisdom
    Still time to do Clichy-Zab and Costa- Austin for -8

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I've gone for Clark although he's on 4 yellows and Okore had a better BPS score last match

• Advertisement

I've gone for Clark although he's on 4 yellows and Okore had a better BPS score last match

Was leaning towards him alright although Bruce could be useful too

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭irish_man

amber69 wrote: »
    If you're 1 going to captain him 2 using it to block an opponent 3 see it as a long term sub. Work away.
    Gooners wrote: »
    I would.

I did it. I've 0.1 in the bank now. He's not my captain. Have Silva as my captain. My front three is Benteke, Austin and Falcao. Fairly strong

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Wisdom (away to Stoke) or naylor (away to Liverpool) ? CS odds are slightly in favour of Wisdom but...

And Siggy or Sakho ? Made the mistake last GW but it's tougher this GW. Siggy away to Liverpool, Sakho home to Arsenal...

iroced wrote: »
    Wisdom (away to Stoke) or naylor (away to Liverpool) ? CS odds are slightly in favour of Wisdom but...

And Siggy or Sakho ? Made the mistake last GW but it's tougher this GW. Siggy away to Liverpool, Sakho home to Arsenal...

last time I had to choose Naylor or siggy wisdoms clean sheets odd were slightly better but I went with Naylor
    he got 0
    wisdom got 9
    alway plays siggy

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Clark, better attack threat.

Cresswell -> Clark
    Siggy -> Silva
    Bony -> Benteke

De Gea
    Hutton - Azpi - Clark
    Sanchez - Sterling - Silva - Hazard
    Benteke - RVP - Austin (c)

Wisdom - Boyd - O'Shea

Yes I have 3 Villa players and yes I am worried. I've also sold Siggy and Bony. I've realised already I may have panicked :o

I've got more of a vested interest in Villa than possibly ever before. What's the worst that could happen eh? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭shano_88

Gone with:
    De Gea
    Zab Debuchy Dummett
    Sterling Silva(c) Hazard Sanchez
    Kane Costa Bony

Took a chance taking a -4 for Silva in for Nasri and captaining him. Also Zab in for Azpi. Hoping Azpi gets rotated now.

Cresswell -> Clark
    Siggy -> Silva
    Bony -> Benteke

De Gea
    Hutton - Azpi - Clark
    Sanchez - Sterling - Silva - Hazard
    Benteke - RVP - Austin (c)

Wisdom - Boyd - O'Shea

Yes I have 3 Villa players and yes I am worried. I've also sold Siggy and Bony. I've realised already I may have panicked :o

I've got more of a vested interest in Villa than possibly ever before. What's the worst that could happen eh? :pac:

3 Villa players, you mad?! Nah just kidding but what's your reasoning behind it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hart
    Terry Dummett Hutton
    Hazard Sanchez Yaya Eriksen
    Costa Bony Austin (c)
    Subs: Elliott, Naylor, Wisdom, Marney.

Transfer in the end was Chambers to Hutton. With Arsenal having Debuchy and Kos back, not to mention Wenger's comments re Chambers requiring a rest, it's time to cash in on young Calum.

I expect my next two transfers to be Bony to Jovetic and then Yaya to Silva as I ship out my ACON lads.

If I get a decent score today I'll win my work league for December and pocket a €50 voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    chelsea manager Jose Mourinho could rest Belgian star Eden Hazard for Sunday's trip to Southampton.

Hazard was unlikely to feature against West Ham, but prevailed only to suffer another knock during the Boxing Day clash.

Reports suggest the 23-year-old will be given a chance to prepare for the Blues' New Year's Day London derby with Tottenham
    A bit of chatter that Hazard could be rested. The above is only from express.co.uk so no major sources.

I hope he does as I've a strong bench and don't really want to drop any of them.

Looking like going with
    Green,
    Zab, Terry, Hutton (Dummet)
    Sanchez, Hazard, Silva(c), Eriksen (Downing)
    Bony, Austin, Costa.

Captaincy could well switch to Austin yet.

I'd love your quote to happen. It would sort out my Siggy/Sakho dilemma.

Team is
    Hart
    Zab Terry Wisdom
    Sanchez Hazard Silva (VC) Eriksen Siggy
    Austin (C) Costa
    Bench: Elliott ; Sakho, Naylor, Yun

Transfer this week was Baines -> Zab.

Good luck to all. This is one of the GW we need it the most ;).

• Advertisement

green
    terry zab BAINES
    yaya (capt) eriksen haz siggy
    falcao Austin bony
    wisdom Naylor Boyd
    I'd take a solid 50 right now!

jebforever wrote: »
    3 Villa players, you mad?! Nah just kidding but what's your reasoning behind it?

I needed to downgrade Cresswell to 4.3 to afford Silva and Villa have fixtures and in theory not a terrible defence. And the clock was ticking. If I could go back now might have gone for Steven Taylor instead.

The WC upcoming later in Jan so can rectify too.

I needed to downgrade Cresswell to 4.3 to afford Silva and Villa have fixtures and in theory not a terrible defence. And the clock was ticking. If I could go back now might have gone for Steven Taylor instead.

The WC upcoming later in Jan so can rectify too.

Not many viable options at that price range unlike seasons of old. Bruce could've been a worthwhile punt but then again Hull are not exactly rock solid at the back. At least you got in someone guaranteed their game.

I'd say there will be a fair in a lot of leagues who forgot to change teams and captains.........will the costa , Sanchez captainers etc get lucky?....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Guzan
    Zab Terry Dave
    Fab Yaya Silva (VC) Downing
    RVP Austin (C) Bentekers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Austin (c)

Baaaaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Green
    Terry Naylor Hutton
    Yaya(v) Haz Siggy Sanchez
    Costa Rooney Austin(c)

Not expecting another monster score but a solid gw will suffice. Half expecting Boyd and Wisdom to come in for rested players so only hoping to get an above average score, anything more and id be very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

All you Austin captainers are scaring me now! Have him VC. :pac:

Decided to make a transfer aswell and went RVP to Falcao, which seem somewhat sideways except I'm thinking of getting Costa in for Bony next week and needed the extra cash monies.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Officer999

United's bench is shocking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Officer999 wrote: »
    United's bench is shocking

Bench not playing

Advertisement