Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Wow - Steven O'brien hardly played in that?

Surely not? All the talk of player burnout would be farcial if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

An equally closer game in the SFC where Kilsheelan beat Tom mcdonaghs 6-12 to 1-11.

Was there many county men involved does anyone know?

Kilsheelan went from 7/4 to 1/2 to betting suspended in the space of about an hour. McDonaghs were struggling for 15 players I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Definitely wouldn't have if clubs/county had any sense.

Big win. No doubt north divisional side would have struggled for players considering timing of game etc
    Any team lists up twitter etc..

Portroe 3-16 Cappawhite 1-14 also in the shc tonight while Lorrha dished out a trimming to Borrisokane yesterday 5-14 to 13 pts in the NSHC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Tippfan

digzy wrote: »
    Nobody has an issue with Bergin having an opinion or voicing that opinion.
    However, there's a difference when he's using his profile as a tipp player wearing the jersey as part of a campaign.

I didn't like the way the ref who's name escapes me was ordered by the authorities not to wear some rainbow armband. He was on Marion finucane and basically admitted it was in ref to the upcoming referendum.

Sport and politics don't mix well. It's why I thought uefa were out of order in 92 kicking out Yugoslavia.

It's easy have a photo taken and allow a political group circulate it. I'd be curious to see him debate the issue....which he should be capable of if he's throwing his weight behind the campaign.

I cant see why there is any issue with Kieran Bergin wearing the Tipperary Jersey. this is a most petty argument just because some people don't agree with his views. If you look at the flyer the sponsorship has been removed. Donegal footballer Eamon McGee was on a pamphlet wearing his Jersey for the Yes campaign that was being handed out at the semi final the week before. Not a peep was said about this! The Gaelic Players Association is publically backing the yes side and is in the process of doing a photo shoot with many of the players. Perhaps this is why Bergin decided to speak out. I'm sure not all players in the GPA are voting yes, however most are probably too afraid to say anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Tippfan wrote: »
    I cant see why there is any issue with Kieran Bergin wearing the Tipperary Jersey. this is a most petty argument just because some people don't agree with his views. If you look at the flyer the sponsorship has been removed. Donegal footballer Eamon McGee was on a pamphlet wearing his Jersey for the Yes campaign that was being handed out at the semi final the week before. Not a peep was said about this! The Gaelic Players Association is publically backing the yes side and is in the process of doing a photo shoot with many of the players. Perhaps this is why Bergin decided to speak out. I'm sure not all players in the GPA are voting yes, however most are probably too afraid to say anything.

If you want to wear a jersey to promote anything political, buy the jersey yourself, I have no issue with that, high profile or low profile, as long as the County Board are not paying for the jersey!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Here's a video that's probably relevant to the Bergin debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

I don't want to offend anyone... But, that video seems completely mental...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Moyorris

I would totally disagree.It is simply authentic Catholicism,rather than Church of Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Tbf if you're going to quote my post the least you could do is read the thing! I've no issue with him voting no and I'm not voting either way so I've no agenda unlike yourself! Though When I see the clowns who're campaigning for a no I'm tempted to vote yes.
    I don't have an issue with him campaigning either way-just don't think he should be using the jersey. Every player whether youre Brian o Driscoll, Henry shefflin, robbie Keane or eoin Kelly is only the custodian of the jersey for the next fella. I don't agree with McGee using the jersey to campaign for a yes either, if indeed that's the case.
    If the tipp team came out either way, and he went that way, fair enough. However, they haven't nor will they. The gpa are a representative organisation and are entitled to campaign. I guarantee you that if any players are used in a photo shoot they'll be wearing gpa gear, not their counties gear. However, you're naive if you think any player will allow himself be used as part of their yes campaign under duress. The vast majority of players would be indifferent about the thing as am I. You'll see Donal og cusack on about it but not many more

Great full page tribute article by Westside to Paul Curran in this weeks Clonmel Nationalist!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Clonmel Nationalist!

"Clonmel" nationalist?;)

"Clonmel" nationalist?;)

As distinct from any other Nationalist newspaper.

The Nationalist is a newspaper based in Clonmel in County Tipperary, Ireland which was established in 1890.

It is a broadsheet newspaper that appears weekly, covering news, events, and sport in both Clonmel town and south Tipperary. It has a circulation of over fourteen thousand in 2010.

I am sure you will appreciate the clarification.

Xenophile wrote:
    It is a broadsheet newspaper that appears weekly, covering news, events, and sport in both Clonmel town and south Tipperary. It has a circulation of over fourteen thousand in 2010

Except it no longer is.... Aaaa-haa!! :pac: ;)

Except it no longer is.... Aaaa-haa!! :pac: ;)

Good point, I suppose we are all guilty of not informing or not updating Wikipedia and especially so, the Nationalist.

As distinct from any other Nationalist newspaper.

The Nationalist is a newspaper based in Clonmel in County Tipperary, Ireland which was established in 1890.

It is a broadsheet newspaper that appears weekly, covering news, events, and sport in both Clonmel town and south Tipperary. It has a circulation of over fourteen thousand in 2010.

I am sure you will appreciate the clarification.

Yes. Where on the title does it say 'Clonmel' nationalist? Nowhere, that's where. If you want to clarify which "nationalist" you should've used the term "Tipperary" nationalist. There's more to the paper than the Clonmel pages you know.
    Not that there's much "clarification" needed given that it's the Tipperary GAA thread!

I am sure you will appreciate the clarification ;)

Good point, I suppose we are all guilty of not informing or not updating Wikipedia and especially so, the Nationalist.

You see that's that's what happens when you rely on Wikipedia to inform yourself:eek:

Yes. Where on the title does it say 'Clonmel' nationalist? Nowhere, that's where. If you want to clarify which "nationalist" you should've used the term "Tipperary" nationalist. There's more to the paper than the Clonmel pages you know.
    Not that there's much "clarification" needed given that it's the Tipperary GAA thread!

I am sure you will appreciate the clarification ;)

Well to be fair now to Xenophile it is i suppose rather informally referred to as the Clonmel Nationalist in many quarters even if it is politically incorrect. I hear the term often enough.

Well to be fair now to Xenophile it is i suppose rather informally referred to as the Clonmel Nationalist in many quarters even if it is politically incorrect. I hear the term often enough.

It's the nationalist. Period. Clonmel isn't in the title, unlike the Limerick leader or the Kilkenny people etc....

Like the irish times isn't called the Dublin irish times, just because it contains a few Dublin stories.

I've never heard it called the Clonmel nationalist. Poster quotes a load of waffle from Wikipedia, yet calls it the wrong name.....

• Advertisement

digzy wrote:
    I've never heard it called the Clonmel nationalist. Poster quotes a load of waffle from Wikipedia, yet calls it the wrong name.....

Your getting in a lather over a fairly minor thing to be honest. I've heard it often referred to as the Clonmel nationalist in the past. Besides many things are unofficially referred to by another term,

Anyways can we not get sidetracked and get back to discussing Tipperary gaa? Let the man call the paper whatever the hell he wishes

I heard a story about one element of the **** that went on in Parnell Park last Saturday, absurd stuff.

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    I heard a story about one element of the **** that went on in Parnell Park last Saturday, absurd stuff.

Do tell . . . .

Any word on Niall O Meara? He got a bad belt on the hand Sunday, it was rumoured to be broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

If any of ye lads hear of any challenge matches for the senior hurlers could ye post them up as ye hear about them cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

buggy beag wrote: »
    If any of ye lads hear of any challenge matches for the senior hurlers could ye post them up as ye hear about them cheers:)
    Upcoming friendlies
    Dublin on Sunday in Upperchurch

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Upcoming friendlies Dublin on Sunday in Upperchurch

Cheers lad :)

Great hard fought win for the minor footballers in Thurles. 16 pts to 2-9. Anyone at it? Who stood out for us? Another munster final to look forward to.

Hopefully now if our senior footballers can qualify for the Munster final we could have a minor/senior double header back in Thurles possibly :) Small matter of beating Waterford and the All Ireland Champions first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭blackcard

I think you're going over board - Cancer...

This is football - there's always been tough hard teams - every decade - teams will always push boundaries and lines - happens all the time - no matter what the sport.

This is nothing new - and teams like Tyrone are nothing new...

Whether its Meath in 90s, Kilkenny in 00s, Galway in the 80s - certain teams always bring edge and go over board at times - that's sport.

Tipp in the 60s?

• Advertisement

blackcard wrote: »
    Tipp in the 60s?

What about them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement