Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe tooth ache

Options
  • 27-12-2014 5:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭

So I had a severe toothache the other day in the middle of the night. It was literally the worst pain I have ever suffered through.

I passed out with pain a few times during the night and went straight to the dentist the next morning.

He pulled out a pre molar which was huge!!! The extraction was quite painless. Bit I miss the tooth now when chewing.the tooth and root was easily an inch and covered in blood.

The dentist gave me the tooth and I kicked it down the road.

You ever had such pain where you wanted to knock your head off a wall or punch your cheek bone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Numbing it with cold water every 10 mins is my cure. Had one before and I thought it was my eyeball from all the tv watching I did over the years. What a relief if was only the tooth. Cold water out from the tap then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

That sounds as if it would make it worse! I lay on the bathroom floor and slept for the night, think the cold tile made it better

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

I've had a toothache on a Saturday night due to a cavity in my upper molar tooth

The only way I found relief was by drinking cold milk and eating a banana and/or going outside for fresh air

It's only a short term fix to relieve the pain, but will need a dental appointment pronto!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

gargle with salted warm water

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

you could buy a new tooth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Ear infection. Only happened to me once ever and it's an exquisite sort of pain and neverending misery. It was a few days of pain, no sleep and no eating. Had me literally in tears at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Chron's disease. Death would be less painful than a bad flare up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Worst pain I ever had is giving birth to my children. Oh the pain and knowing its going to get more intense by the minute. Especially my last boy at 8 pounds and no time for pain relief, I literally thought I was going to die but alas I didn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

lukesmom wrote: »
    Worst pain I ever had is giving birth to my children. Oh the pain and knowing its going to get more intense by the minute. Especially my last boy at 8 pounds and no time for pain relief, I literally thought I was going to die but alas I didn't.

With the greatest respect,but atleast with birth pain you get a positive outcome and/or it's for a purpose. With a toothache all you get is a hole in your tooth and a hefty bill from the dentist! :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Also toothache. The stop from sleeping at night toothache, couldn't afford the dentist so I was in pain for it for months till it eventually came out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

So I had a severe toothache the other day in the middle of the night. It was literally the worst pain I have ever suffered through.

I passed out with pain a few times during the night and went straight to the dentist the next morning.

He pulled out a pre molar which was huge!!! The extraction was quite painless. Bit I miss the tooth now when chewing.the tooth and root was easily an inch and covered in blood.

The dentist gave me the tooth and I kicked it down the road.

You ever had such pain where you wanted to knock your head off a wall or punch your cheek bone?

You should have put it under your pillow for the fairies :D

Clove oil is very good to ease a tooth ache, failing that a regular clove stuck between the tooth and gum works.

Awfully painful

• Registered Users Posts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Clove oil is magic for toothache.

I Appreciate it's not something you would just have hanging round the house but it's worth buying a little bottle in the chemist and having it in first aid box.

It's what dentists used to numb pain before modern Anaesthetics were available.

Few drops on cotton wool and on on the tooth, pain free for hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

As awful as a toothache is, and on a scale of 1-10 (1o being the worse) its pretty close to 9.5 it can be relieved by an extraction the next day.

My demon is gout ~ by Christ is that one sore bastard, HOL-LEEE FUCK the pain is unreal!.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Was clearing a drain and I hurt my back. It was like a knife or sword had been stuck in me. I couldn't get up and had to crawl on all fours to a gate to pull myself up as the pain was so severe.
    Thankfully it went away after a few minutes when I straightened up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,478 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

RobertKK wrote: »
    Was clearing a drain and I hurt my back. It was like a knife or sword had been stuck in me. I couldn't get up and had to crawl on all fours to a gate to pull myself up as the pain was so severe.
    Thankfully it went away after a few minutes when I straightened up.

I could concur with this.
    I have a degenerative condition in my lower back and was in a serious accident in 2009, my back is wrecked.
    The problem with severe back injury is you can't move a limb without stabbing agony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Seriously there is an add for tooth replacements on this thread.

Boards are on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Dia1988 wrote: »
    With the greatest respect,but atleast with birth pain you get a positive outcome and/or it's for a purpose. With a toothache all you get is a hole in your tooth and a hefty bill from the dentist! :-(

Yeah cos kids don't cost anything at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

What about a kidney stone? Anyone suffer one of those?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Good advertising boards

http://imgur.com/q0aq6Jz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Boards is not free! You pay with your data and personal information! The lizard people are coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

A broken heart is the worst pain in the world .(and i get recurrent back pain every few months for 5 or 6 days ,and toothache once in a blue moon . )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

yipeeeee wrote: »

Boards are on the ball.

I had a good oul chuckle when I saw the advertisement until I realized boards probably have a dossier on me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Yeah I'd a tooth ache once, I was chewing gum when this unmerciful pain went through my mouth, turned out I was badly in need of a root canal & thankfully caught the tooth in time, any longer & it would of needed pulling.

Had an ear ache once & can't even remember what was going on around me I was that out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

anto9 wrote: »
    A broken heart is the worst pain in the world .(and i get recurrent back pain every few months for 5 or 6 days ,and toothache once in a blue moon . )

Either your periods are very late or you should see a doctor about the back pain. And a broken heart is not the worst pain in the world. Standing on Lego barefoot is easily the worst. And I've experienced both, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

myshirt wrote: »
    What about a kidney stone? Anyone suffer one of those?

I am currently. The waiting list for treatment is miserably long... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

yipeeeee wrote: »

Boards are on the ball.

Adblock plus - I didnt even know boards had ads ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Jade182 wrote: »
    I am currently. The waiting list for treatment is miserably long... :(

Have had 7 - all passed within a few day (longest was 10 days - got it blasted)

One of the worst pains imaginable - When I get them now I pretend to pass out when I get into hospital - they see you quicker then!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I suffer with sinusitis. Some of the worst pain I've ever felt was from it. I remember rubbing red tiger balm across my brow and temples to try release the pain. All my skin burnt off from it, but the pain went!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭anto3473

Worst pain I ever had was either a burst eardrum caused by impacted wisdom tooth swelling or dropping a piece of sheet metal onto my leg which peeled a lump of skin right off my shin bone. The only 2 times in my life when I actually got physically sick with pain. Tattoo over the collar bone was fairly gnarly too.

Advertisement