Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW19 Captain Poll

Options
  • 27-12-2014 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭

Festive Madness next gameweek is almost upon us. Will you be choosing a Man City player? Or Charlie Austin with the run he's on, especially at home?? Or another choice entirely????? Cast your vote!

Best captain choice for GW19? 186 votes

Austin (H v Palace)
    0% 0 votes
    Silva (H v Burnley)
    46% 86 votes
    Yaya (H v Burnley)
    31% 58 votes
    Zabaleta (H v Burnley)
    11% 22 votes
    Kolarov (H v Burnley)
    1% 3 votes
    Benteke (H v Sunderland)
    0% 0 votes
    Sanchez (A v West Ham)
    1% 2 votes
    Bony (A v Liverpool)
    1% 3 votes
    Sterling (H v Swansea)
    0% 0 votes
    Eriksen (H v Man U)
    0% 1 vote
    Kane (H v Man U)
    0% 0 votes
    Rooney (A v Spurs)
    0% 0 votes
    RVP (A v Spurs)
    0% 1 vote
    Hazard (A v S'hampton)
    0% 0 votes
    Costa (A v S'hampton)
    0% 1 vote
    Other (please state)
    4% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Ummmm ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

No poll showing up for me....

Silva or Austin

Not Baines

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The Jovetic news will shape my decision massively, if he is playing that makes Silva less attractive of an option I think. Austin is appealing, so is Yaya, so is Benteke. Very similar to today in that there is lots of good options with no great ones. Silva will be getting my vote but as I said that could change.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Did Jovetic feature at all today?

Voted for Austin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    Did Jovetic feature at all today?
    No. Just on the bench IIRC...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    The Jovetic news will shape my decision massively, if he is playing that makes Silva less attractive of an option I think. Austin is appealing, so is Yaya, so is Benteke. Very similar to today in that there is lots of good options with no great ones. Silva will be getting my vote but as I said that could change.

I don't think Jovetic makes Silva less appealing. Silva will still be in the hole causing havoc, he'll just have a proper striker to feed rather than Milner.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Captain Charlie Austin!!!!!

Come on King Charlie! :D

FHFC wrote: »
    I don't think Jovetic makes Silva less appealing. Silva will still be in the hole causing havoc, he'll just have a proper striker to feed rather than Milner.

I think there is an effect there in terms of the goal tally of having an actual striker there, who plays like a striker rather than Milner. Silva would no longer be the most attacking player in the City lineup. Jovetic would be in positions that Milner wouldn't get into. Positions Silva has probably been getting in these last 2 games.

Of course there's a case to be made for Silva to be capable of more assists with someone more reliable to create chances for, but I'm personally Im more inclined to assess the likelihood of goalscoring when deciding upon a captain. It's why more often than not I go for strikers.

CSF wrote: »
    I think there is an effect there in terms of the goal tally of having an actual striker there, who plays like a striker rather than Milner. Silva would no longer be the most attacking player in the City lineup. Jovetic would be in positions that Milner wouldn't get into. Positions Silva has probably been getting in these last 2 games.

Of course there's a case to be made for Silva to be capable of more assists with someone more reliable to create chances for, but I'm personally Im more inclined to assess the likelihood of goalscoring when deciding upon a captain. It's why more often than not I go for strikers.

I take your point but as long as it's 1 up front with Silva behind and he's on this form he's a great option. I'll probably captain him.

I'm wary of Jov just yet, are we all getting carried away in our desperation for a City striker to own, to bring a player just back for injury straight in, never mind captaining him!

• Advertisement

I take your point but as long as it's 1 up front with Silva behind and he's on this form he's a great option. I'll probably captain him.

I'm wary of Jov just yet, are we all getting carried away in our desperation for a City striker to own, to bring a player just back for injury straight in, never mind captaining him!

I had Silva in my team from January wildcard onwards last year and he was very consistent in his returns, Id never have captained him though.

Clearly last season was very different to this in terms of captain choices but I'm still just not sure at all about Silva regularly delivering 10 point scores with a striker playing. Granted the opposition here is Burnley at home so that certainly works in his favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Have to go with Yaya again

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Austin for me, hopefully it'll be decent choice for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I brought in Yaya to captain these next two matches, but I don't think I can look beyond Austin. His home form is immense and Palace defence is anything but sturdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Changed from Sanchez to Fabregas yesterday, didnt work out to well, going with Austin tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Austin, though I would probably captain Silva if I had him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Thinking of swapping Kane too Austin and making Charlie the captain

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Neil Warnock has been sacked. Cmon Charlie Austin!

My captain picks have been premdominantly dire for a long time now. 6 blanks in the last 7.

Will somebody please just tell me who to captain and I'll just do it. No questions asked.

I have Silva, Snchez, Costa, Austin as the most viable picks. Zabaletta as a maverick one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

My captain picks have been premdominantly dire for a long time now. 6 blanks in the last 7.

Will somebody please just tell me who to captain and I'll just do it. No questions asked.

I have Silva, Snchez, Costa, Austin as the most viable picks. Zabaletta as a maverick one

Silva

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have it on Silva but think I'll switch to Austin. Never seem to get Silva in at the right time so I'm expecting his next return to be 2 pointer.

Austin

Neil Warnock has been sacked. Cmon Charlie Austin!

Often when a teams manager gets sacked they up their game for a match or two. Austin not as appealing as he was but I'll still end up captaining him I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Austin

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm going with Austin.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Austin. Silva VC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm crazily thinking of captaining Zabaleta. Purely because he's guaranteed to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I have all the above. Currently have it on Silva with Austin vc, but that might change around. It's a coin flip between the two for me. Both in form and at home to dire sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

G1032 wrote: »
    Often when a teams manager gets sacked they up their game for a match or two. Austin not as appealing as he was but I'll still end up captaining him I'd say

I agree with this but I'm still going with Charlie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Austin for me I think although I fear a Palace backlash now that Warnock's gone.

Advertisement