Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not going out Stephan's night

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭estudent

So who isn't going out Stephan's night ? I decided not to this year , sick of the thoughts of spending money on drink .

It's a load of shyte. xmas in general as you know is just about spending money on crap you don't need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I hate going out on nights where people think you have to go out. Stephen's day, Paddy's day, new years eve, bank holiday Sundays, I am too long in the tooth to queue for the bar. Fu*k that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

No thanks. I'll be staying in and refusing to give anyone 5 euro for a pint of beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Not gonna get the chance to go out since I'll be on the other side of the bar. Working in the local hotel so not much chance to get out much over the Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Nah. I don't drink and pubs just irritate me anyway. I was thinking if heading to a party but I can't stand the hosts girlfriend so I'm gonna relax again :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Definitely. Going to fill in some young one (I'm 32). Try for 20 or under but it's getting harder every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

In my younger days I used to always go into town, then on to a nightclub, nightmarish all round, massive queues, not enough bar staff, everywhere jammers and no taxis to be had at the end of the night, havnt gone out out on Stephens night in 4 or 5 years.

My local hurling club have had a fund raising night in one of the local boozers on Stephens night for the last couple of years so I shall head into that later with burd and my folks. Ma is working in the morning so wont be gargling so that means no worries about getting home.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Beaner1 wrote: »
    Definitely. Going to fill in some young one (I'm 32). Try for 20 or under but it's getting harder every year.

Christ that's all kinds of disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Would have thought it was getting softer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

At what point do you ID them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Working but not working in a pub or club, thanks be to jaysus!

Was never a big fan of it. Brings out a lot of gobsh1tes and is pretty messy. Also no interest in hearing about how amazing Perth is this time of the year :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I did it a couple of times. Don't think I would again. Messy... messy business. Sometimes at night, I can still hear the screaming...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Was going to head down to me local today for a few beers but it was so crowded on Xmas Eve that it's put me right off.
    Also, it's pissing rain down and frankly, I'm too cosy in my fluffy new pyjamas to bother my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Not going out-out, but going to a house party, where there will be about 15 of us, all good friends! Used to always go out Stephen's night, but wouldn't bother nowadays.

Drink what we want, til whatever time we decide to stop. Rack out a few lines on the table, without getting arrested. Smoke indoors. Play the music WE want to hear. No queue for the bathroom. The house is in the middle of nowhere, so don't have to worry about the neighbours.All round, a much cheaper, more enjoyable night out. Can't wait........

Hope everyone enjoys their night, whatever they are up to x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Bloody hell - what a shower of Bah Humbugs. St. Stephen's Day is Christmas Day for adults! A nice lie-in in the morning, horse racing and soccer all afternoon and a few bevvies in the evening - what's not to love? Turkey/ham/stuffing sandwiches for tea and in to the boozer for 7. A nice chat with friends and home for MOTD at 10.30. It's the best day of the year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Bloody hell - what a shower of Bah Humbugs. St. Stephen's Day is Christmas Day for adults! A nice lie-in in the morning, horse racing and soccer all afternoon and a few bevvies in the evening - what's not to love? Turkey/ham/stuffing sandwiches for tea and in to the boozer for 7. A nice chat with friends and home for MOTD at 10.30. It's the best day of the year!!
    Any day out that includes a timetable is not a good day out.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Patww79 wrote: »

Where the hell am I? Where have I been living??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

About to start a 24 hour shift. Hopefully with some downtime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

byronbay2 wrote: »

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Patww79 wrote: »

You're going to the wrong pub.
    Any day out that includes a timetable is not a good day out.;)

Spontaneity is for the young and childless, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

KungPao wrote: »
    People are really struggling today to spell "Stephen".

Common enough spelling of a pretty common name, no?

He's a clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Nah, I don't keep in contact with the vast majority of people I went to school with so nobody to go out with, then the place would be full of ***** pretending we were friends back in school when they were complete ***** then too.

Have to finish watching Marco polo anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I'm working a busy bar tonight, gonna be in the restaurant alone, gonna be slaughtered. It's the season for amateur drinkers. Those of us will know how to drink can still get served quickly, I'll always serve hardened drinkers first because they know how to order. Women last, especially in a group, because for the most part they can't order without having a group discussion or asking for a menu.

I'm working a busy bar tonight, gonna be in the restaurant alone, gonna be slaughtered. It's the season for amateur drinkers. Those of us will know how to drink can still get served quickly, I'll always serve hardened drinkers first because they know how to order. Women last, especially in a group, because for the most part they can't order without having a group discussion or asking for a menu.

Elitist drinkers haha. I've seen it all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Elitist drinkers haha. I've seen it all now.

There are people who are better drinkers overall because we do it more often. I'm also an elitist bartender though. So there's that.

There are people who are better drinkers overall because we do it more often. I'm also an elitist bartender though. So there's that.

That's something to be ashamed of not a source of superiority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Was going out. Young lad sick so have to stay in. Rarely get to go out. : (

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Never go out on Stephen's night. I think it's a night for groups of friends and families and we rarely get invited anywhere so we'd just be on our own.

I know most people think Stephen's night = drunken mess but I always like to think of everyone gathered around the bar buying drinks for each other and singing Christmas songs, possibly not true.

Advertisement