Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shops open again?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

delahuntv wrote: »
    To those saying shop workers are "forced" to work, possibly they don't work in retail.

Remember many staff are students and they LOVE the extra hours.

Most stores have enough staff to ensure those who want Christmas off, can get Christmas off. Most decent employers (and most are decent) can manage that easily.

My stores were closed on New Year's day (and stephen's day) - I had staff saying that they were available if I changed my mind !!! - Damn, I was almost bullied by some of them to open!! :)

I think your mixing up loving to work and loving to have extra money. I know plenty of places, through experience and otherwise, who would ask you to work these hours and either make it clear or just hint that should you not accept these hours that hours might be 'very hard to come by' in the future.

Of course not all retail stores do this, but don't be condescending to people who obviously have worked in retail and play off retailers as the bastions of goodwill.

Advertisement