Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King George VI Chase

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Coneygree was impressive today. 4 seconds slower then the KG, considering he was eased after jumping 2 out, popped the last and strolled home

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

oPATCHo wrote: »
    Don't rate Champagne Fever at all... it may come back to bit me, but couldn't understand the hype about him today, and struggling to see why he'd take a GC

Said it last year that they should send him back over hurdles. He would go well in a champion hurdle imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Said it last year that they should send him back over hurdles. He would go well in a champion hurdle imo.

No point running a Mercedes in it when you've a Ferrari in the same garage! With both Djackadam and CF looking non-stayers in their two big trials, looks like it could be a while before Ricci has his Gold Cup horse. I'm sure The Machine would be good enough to win any race over any trip, even an Ascot Gold Cup, but doubt we'll ever see him over a fence now.

jimjamcos wrote: »
    No point running a Mercedes in it when you've a Ferrari in the same garage! With both Djackadam and CF looking non-stayers in their two big trials, looks like it could be a while before Ricci has his Gold Cup. I'm sure The Machine would be good enough to win any race over any trip, even an Ascot Gold Cup, but doubt we'll ever see him over a fence now.
    Thats always something ive been baffled by. Why some national hunt trainers dont send there best horses for a tilt at the Ascot Gold Cup?

Thats always something ive been baffled by. Why some national hunt trainers dont send there best horses for a tilt at the Ascot Gold Cup?

Me too. He'd be a good thing for it IMO, good and all as Forgotten Rules is.

• Advertisement

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Me too. He'd be a good thing for it IMO, good and all as Forgotten Rules is.

Hes a monster (Faugheen). Before todays race I thought he was ridiculously short in the betting for the Champion Hurdle but after witnessing that performance I honestly cant see him been beat. He just gallops horses into the ground.

Hes a monster (Faugheen). Before todays race I thought he was ridiculously short in the betting for the Champion Hurdle but after witnessing that performance I honestly cant see him been beat. He just gallops horses into the ground.

Only thing that can beat him is the hurdles IMO. Even then I'd fancy him to kick them out of his way like he did last year and still sluice up. For a P2P horse to travel the way he does, show a turn of foot over anything from 2-3m on any ground is just ridiculous. Ruby's grin after race said it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Alba Frere

According to trainers/owners post race Dynaste and CF for Ryanair and Al F for QMCC (Hales will need convincing but PFN seemed very adamant). We'll see what Lexus throws up but I can't see past SC after today.

Not deterred by Vautour today at all, will still win JLT and ultimately prove to be Ricci's Gold Cup horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Meath Centre Forward

Have you a link to Champagne Fever's connections saying they'd aim for the Ryanair.

To be honest, I'd be a small bit surprised if this horse did not end up in the Gold Cup. He ran well today at his first try at the trip - definitely don't think he didn't stay - and on ground that wouldn't have suited him (no matter what the trip).

It's also ridiculous to suggest he should revert back to hurdles. The horse is bred for chasing and even after he won the Bumper, the comments afterwards were that he would go straight into a novice chase campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Alba Frere

I saw it on Twitter. Ricci had said it to someone that he felt CF didn't stay and they were looking at the Ryanair. I'd imagine that would be with a view to the Gold Cup then in 2016. CF always comes good at Cheltenham but IMO I don't see him ever making a really top class GC horse. Personally I think he should run in the QM especially with it fairly wide open this year with SS and SDG uncertainty and Mullins/Ricci having no real contender although how Ballycasey goes tomorrow will be interesting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement