Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just download comix zone and had a play for about 10 minutes. Found it alright. No real slowdown. But I hate touch screen controls like that so its not for me.

Using a oneplus1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I picked up a Nvidia Shield tablet recently, originally didn't plan on using it for gaming just want a powerful cheap tablet for media etc without having to spend 400+ on a Samsung or similar.

Paired with its controller, it really is excellent for gaming. All the emulators I'm using support the controller (up to PSP & PS1 stuff) and play very well. The majority of android games I'm playing also support the controller and for those that don't it has a feature to map touch areas to buttons accurately.

Not tired the broadcasting from PC though as my graphics card isn't compatible..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Just played Sonic on ios, it's not bad, some of the ads between stages are quite long though

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Bracken3000

Well that's The Last Guardian complete, the controls and camera made the game hard work, more so when you have to partner the game with Trico but over all a beautiful game. Has the same emotion Ico and Shadow of the Colossus have.

Its worth pushing through those controls to unearth a work if art. One of those games I'll remember. Played the new Tomb Raider before it and honestly don't remember a lot of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's a great game, stays with you.
    The controls and camera are definitely stuck in the PS2 era, but it is still remarkable stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I keep trying it and can't get into it. I want to love it but the controls are garbage and not helped by the criminal framerate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,553 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I keep trying it and can't get into it. I want to love it but the controls are garbage and not helped by the criminal framerate.

Oh go on, you'll be blaming the controller next!

ngbbs49c4efdaa23bb.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

It's more that the act of moving the character around isn't fun and I've not been finding the puzzles that engaging.

Going to take a long break from it and maybe try it again in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Oh, just get an adaptor for the CDi controller, then he won't be blaming anything at all.

• Advertisement

So I've just been looking into getting my ps1 running at 60hz. Since its software bound it means I'd have to replace all my PS1 games....won't be doing that.

I'll probably end up "backing up" my NTSC games and using a playing them on a "special" console.

I did read that playing PS1 games on a PS2 will run them at 60hz, anyone know if this is true?

Nope it's not true.

Off to tesco to buy a stack of CDs it is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭geotrig

I dont think listening to Big Tom or garreth brooks is going to help :pac:

geotrig wrote: »
    I dont think listening to Big Tom or garreth brooks is going to help :pac:

Listening to big Tom helps everything!

Sweet mother of glob....

s-l225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'm weak. Change your username to Jive Burton next, you'll be on Stetsons and Stellettos selling your pinball machines for tractors jkjk

Usgamer having a moan that Europe gets a better special edition of the metroid 2 remake. At leastvt y ey are getting it or it's not slowed down with squished borders!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Or with german subtitles that you can't turn off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Special editions are almost universally a load of arse and representative of the aggressive, empty consumerism that dominates the mainstream gaming sphere.

#overthrowcapitalismlol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,631 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Special editions are almost universally a load of arse and representative of the aggressive, empty consumerism that dominates the mainstream gaming sphere.

#overthrowcapitalismlol

That and POP Vinyl. God I hate POP Vinyl.

Sometimes I worry that there might already be a probably a Funko Vinyl Pop figure of me.

**** pop vinyls!! Thank god I'm not the only one

Funko are just awful ****e. They just take out all the detail and look like nothing. Just compare them to the Japanese models for the same price. They are so much better and even super deformed ones.

It's so frustrating as it's usually the only merchandise available for a lot of franchises.

Like I'd love a Princess Caroline figure from Bojack Horseman... but all that's available is an awful Funko figure with it's horrid beady shark eyes.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Sometimes I worry that there might already be a probably a Funko Vinyl Pop figure of me.

john_constantine_custom_pop_vinyl_concept_art_by_cmrnsndrlnd-d9hi0yw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

#overthrowcapitalismlol

I moved house and had to haul or dump all kinds of videogame tat too often to want to buy anymore. The Metroid package looks nice and I'm tempted but I know it'll be gathering dust on a shelf within a weak and that I'd be happier with the standard version.

john_constantine_custom_pop_vinyl_concept_art_by_cmrnsndrlnd-d9hi0yw.jpg

7761_paulfeig_1468267134.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,631 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What do you get if you combine the worst show on TV with the worst line of figures?

Kill with fire!

9178416305_159d79ff83_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

So I've just been looking into getting my ps1 running at 60hz. Since its software bound it means I'd have to replace all my PS1 games....won't be doing that.

I'll probably end up "backing up" my NTSC games and using a playing them on a "special" console.

I did read that playing PS1 games on a PS2 will run them at 60hz, anyone know if this is true?

If you're playing them on a special PS2, you can load games over ethernet from your PC or laptop.

Apologies if that's not okay mods, just trying to help a man save his laser

*edit* That may only be PS2 games and not PS1 though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement