Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 18 match day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭thomasm

Am I mad to do Costa to Giroud and Captain Giroud

This is my morning conundrum too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

thomasm wrote: »
    This is my morning conundrum too

Some stats to add to the madness
    Giroud has scored the most FWD FPL points since GW16 (19).
    Has the 3rd highest number of FWD final third passes since GW 16 (23)
    Giroud has scored a goal once every 51 minutes since GW 16.
    QPR have conceded 20 goals in 8 away PL games this season.
    Giroud has form on his side and likes scoring at the Emirates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I've decided on this lineup:
    Hart
    Zaba Ivanovic Baines(vc)
    Hazard Yaya Siggy Sanchez
    Austin Giroud(c) Benteke
    (Hutton Cattermole Dummett)
    My biggest worry is my lack of man utd coverage.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Is Hazard with the team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Giroud has 3 tough games after this one tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Right, I've been thinking of transfers and captaincy choices all morning, but I'm settled now -

Lloris

O'Shea - Zabaleta - Terry

Eriksen - Hazard - Sanchez - Downing

Austin - Rooney - Bony (c)

McCarthy - Boyd - Naylor - Hutton

Obviously Sanchez, Hazard and Zabaleta are at least at risk of being rested today but I've got three playing subs so there'll be no last minute transfers if Hazard isn't on the bus. I've finally gone for Bony as captain, if I knew Sanchez would be playing even 55 minutes I'd go for him, instead but just afraid of a 10 minute cameo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I could be crippled today with lads"rested"

Ddgea
    Vlaar zaba azpil
    Sanchez Erikson Di Maria Hazard
    Bony (c) sakho kane

Zaba Sanchez Di Maria hazard all in fear off not starting

Pantilliom Jedinak Steve Taylor yun on the line for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    Ben Dinnery reckons Hazard is available but may have "limited gametime".

Not sure what tweet you're looking at but all the ones I can see are saying he expect Hazard to be ok/available while it's Sanchez he says he expects "limited gametime". See some tweets below. If I'm missing one point me in the right direction.

All from BD in reply to questions....

@mjcoley9 Likewise Matt --- all the talk is Sanchez will be rested ..... Expecting limited game time but could still play 60 minutes

@FantasyYIRMA @4ever_utd Available for selection #Hazard

@Tushar4United Hazard should be okay ..... Fancy Nugent to start

@upliftedoluguze Expected to be available.....referring to Hazard.

Asked his opinion whether Hazard plays....@trixxMAS Included in the squad YES

@masterfred100 Expect Hazard to be available -- all the talk is that Sanchez will be rested

This one was referring to both Sanchez and Haz but is older...@CPAKdkpol Merry Christmas mate
    both available but game time could be restricted

In short. I think I'm gonna have to give in and join twitter.

My personal opinion is I think as they are playing a derby against a current form top four side there is more chance Hazard will start if fit, while Arsenal have a much handier game so more chance of Sanchez getting "limited gametime".

This could go bad

Green
    Zabaleta-Azpil-Dummett
    Yaya-Hazard-Siggy-Sanchez
    Austin-Giroud(c) -Falcao (vc)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

you could bring Giroud in for a 1 week punt and then look at Benteke for the next 3 gameweeks.

I wouldnt normally endorse a 1 week punt, but I think this could be a good one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Wanted to captain Sanchez or Hazard but with all the fears on this forum, have gone with Rooney for now. Silva vc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I was convinced the Chelsea game was at 12 and that we.l would have team sheets. Now I'm sitting in a car waiting for the crescent shopping centre to open so the wife can murder people in the sales at 11.

I have no idea what to do. All the casuals are wrapped in bed with all their big players starting while here I am wondering who will be rested, which captain choice wil get 90 mins, whether snow will affect games.

Rikand wrote: »
    you could bring Giroud in for a 1 week punt and then look at Benteke for the next 3 gameweeks.

I wouldnt normally endorse a 1 week punt, but I think this could be a good one

I'm thinking of Carroll to Giroud and putting the armband on him.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I was convinced the Chelsea game was at 12 and that we.l would have team sheets. Now I'm sitting in a car waiting for the crescent shopping centre to open so the wife can murder people in the sales at 11.

I have no idea what to do. All the casuals are wrapped in bed with all their big players starting while here I am wondering who will be rested, which captain choice wil get 90 mins, whether snow will affect games.

I'm going to the crescent soon.

If I see a person panicking around half 11 I'll give them a wave hoping its you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

fabianski
    azpi cresswell naylor
    sanchez(C) sterling silva(VC) hazard
    austin costa benteke

subs- jakupovic cattermole moore yun

going to go ahead and captain sanchez, they need to win and I'd say wenger intends to start him and take him off around 60 mins when hopefully he will have caused some damage! if he does give him the day off i have silva waiting in the wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,180 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Scared about who might be starting, so I'm considering captaining Rooney, simply because I'm pretty definite he's starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sneachtafear

People are over reacting. It will be the next gameweek when there will be the most rotation!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

People are over reacting. It will be the next gameweek when there will be the most rotation!!

Not this year.

Some of the big teams have easier games today than on Sunday. Why would Arsenal rest players away to 4th place West Ham when they could do it against lowly placed QPR who also have awful home form?

Then Chelsea too. I'd see Southampton away as a tougher game than West Hame at home.

And United. Home to Newcastle is the game to rotate when it's Spurs away on Sunday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭shano_88

Looks like im going with:

De Gea
    Azpi Debuchy Taylor
    Sanchez Hazard Nasri Sterling
    Costa Bony Kane

no idea who to captain. I want to captain Sanchez but with the rumours he will be rested its not ideal. Hazard the same. I think the "safe" option is Costa but hes not really performing. Bony an option aswell!

Anyone any thoughts? Its driving me mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Currently have the armband on Hazard but something is telling me to switch it to RVP. Have a feeling Utd will put a few past Newcastle today.

• Advertisement

Lads you could be a super FPL players and find yourself 30 down on a lesser rival by 720 tonight. It's not a day where skill is reflected.

Whatever your score, don't go panicking with future transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm now leaning towards no transfers. Costa vs Giroud has been gnawing at me all morning but I'm going to keep faith in the 54 year old.

I currently have the captaincy on Sanchez, and just hope to fcuk that if he's rested it's a 90 minute rest. Rooney on VC because he's a cert to start.

Forster
    Chambers Wisdom N.Taylor
    Eriksen Yaya Hazard Sanchez(c)
    Austin Costa Rooney

Bench: Boyd, Dummett, Moore.

Now just to keep an eye out for leaks of the Chelsea team.

Ah **** it battery in 59% already.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Foster
    Clyne Chambers Baines
    Yaya (v) Silva Sanchez Hazard Downing
    Bony (c) Austin

Elliot - Carroll, Hutton, Yun

If I hit 50 I'll be happy. The Stephen's Day gameweeks are normally lowish scoring affairs from my short time playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sneachtafear

SantryRed wrote: »
    Not this year.

Some of the big teams have easier games today than on Sunday. Why would Arsenal rest players away to 4th place West Ham when they could do it against lowly placed QPR who also have awful home form?

Then Chelsea too. I'd see Southampton away as a tougher game than West Hame at home.

And United. Home to Newcastle is the game to rotate when it's Spurs away on Sunday morning!

Football does not work like that. It will be based on players stats during game and knocks they receive. Far more scientifically based than us ff managers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

got a bit to inspired by christmas and brought in Santi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads you could be a super FPL players and find yourself 30 down on a lesser rival by 720 tonight. It's not a day where skill is reflected.

Whatever your score, don't go panicking with future transfers.

I think having two transfers going into Sunday is key. You can handpick players for a 2/3 week punt that you can be pretty confident will start on the 28th. Then ship them out on the wildcard. Looking forward to seeing if it'll work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭shano_88

shano_88 wrote: »
    Looks like im going with:

De Gea
    Azpi Debuchy Taylor
    Sanchez Hazard Nasri Sterling
    Costa Bony Kane

no idea who to captain. I want to captain Sanchez but with the rumours he will be rested its not ideal. Hazard the same. I think the "safe" option is Costa but hes not really performing. Bony an option aswell!

Anyone any thoughts? Its driving me mad!

**** it, gonna go with the FFS poll and Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Markx

I think a bad result away to West Ham is far more palatable for Wenger than a bad result against a bad side in front of his own fans. I think me may go out strong today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Markx wrote: »
    I think a bad result away to West Ham is far more palatable for Wenger than a bad result against a bad side in front of his own fans. I think me may go out strong today.

Agreed.
    But if Podolski is ever going to start a league game in place of Sanchez or Welbeck then surely its today.
    Maybe a week too early for Walcott though.

Advertisement