Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth Fitness Band €13.90 Delivered

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Pizarro wrote: »
    Can you pair it with another phone and update the firmware? Are you using the official app or the modified version? Have you tried a 3rd party app like gilderun?
    Gliderun?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Pizarro

Falcon L wrote: »
    Gliderun?

Yeah gliderun, sorry. I haven't tried it myself. I've only read about it on reddit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Yeah gliderun, sorry. I haven't tried it myself. I've only read about it on reddit.
    Just tried Gliderun there. It sees the band, but won't connect to it. It says 'connecting' then just goes back to 'disconnected'. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Bluetooth causes tumors, I wouldnt advise it being used for any health/fitness matter.

Ahahahahahaha. Are you performing all week?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

So Gliderun yea... off to look at that now myself

what are the names of any of the other modded apps?

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    So Gliderun yea... off to look at that now myself

what are the names of any of the other modded apps?

http://en.miui.com/thread-53761-1-1.html

This is the only one I know of. It improves notifications and translations as far as I know. As I said above, mine hasn't arrived yet but I've been doing my research.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Mine landed in the post this afternoon after ordering just over 3 weeks ago. Good going. Now the fun will begin this evening when I learn how to set it up with my iphone.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Mine landed in the post this afternoon after ordering just over 3 weeks ago. Good going. Now the fun will begin this evening when I learn how to set it up with my iphone.

Did you get tracking on your delivery? I ordered mine on the 15th and it says they're in the country since Friday. Just wondering how accurate their shipping info is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Did you get tracking on your delivery? I ordered mine on the 15th and it says they're in the country since Friday. Just wondering how accurate their shipping info is.

Nope didn't bother with tracking. I figured if I got it all well and good. The postmark said Sweden though, it puzzled me at first til I saw the Chinese writing in the address box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Mine is the same, says it arrived in ireland on friday lunchtime so im assuming we'll get it sometime this week

EDIT: just checked and mine has been checked in the dublin sorting office as of this morning so i'll def have it this week now

• Advertisement

Mine is the same, says it arrived in ireland on friday lunchtime so im assuming we'll get it sometime this week

EDIT: just checked and mine has been checked in the dublin sorting office as of this morning so i'll def have it this week now

That's good to hear. Mine says it's still in the country of destination. Hoping I'll get an update today.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

wonder when the MI BAND 2 is out heard rumors of it online,

Had the original but stupidly lost it after a week of use, really liked it but thinking of holding off getting another till next model is released. rumors of it having a screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

That's good to hear. Mine says it's still in the country of destination. Hoping I'll get an update today.

Got mine this morning in the post.. Gonna set it up shortly.

Got mine this morning in the post.. Gonna set it up shortly.
    Cool, let me know how it goes. Still no update on mine. The lads in customs must be trying it out! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Ive had mine a few days , well impressed.
    Firstly it has a great build quality , not cheap or plasticky in anyways, also well packaged.
    Been out running and set usual GPS app on phone , band matched it so very accurate.
    Sleep also seems exact.
    Wearing in the shower so waterproof etc
    Im well impressed and so glad i didnt fork out much more on fitbit etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    Im well impressed and so glad i didnt fork out much more on fitbit etc

I had a Fitbit before and this has more features and is more reliable at a fraction of the price. Great device. Like that it can vibrate when I get a call on my iPhone as I like to keep it on silent most of the time. I'd love to get the Mi weighing scales to go with it.

http://www.gearbest.com/home-gadgets/pp_168281.html

anyone trust this site?
    good price at £22

reason i ask is that i know nothing about the site?
    I found it from the original post on this thread.
    I dont care if anyone is "shilling" , couldnt care less , what i would like to know is are they legit , if i pay for this , will i receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I've bought loads of them and it's always came.

• Advertisement

i read that and while i understand the principle.... and totally agree with what Dav has said.....I'm missing something... why signal out this particular site? who has the vested interest here?

i too followed the original post and made my mi-band purchase here, and would have no problem recommending them, but i certainly have no vested interest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

i read that and while i understand the principle.... and totally agree with what Dav has said.....I'm missing something... why signal out this particular site? who has the vested interest here?

i too followed the original post and made my mi-band purchase here, and would have no problem recommending them, but i certainly have no vested interest

They were paying guys to post up their "bargains" here.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    They were paying guys to post up their "bargains" here.

ah ok. in that case......

surely hawkwind has nothing to worry about so as he was only asking if they are genuine and reliable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    http://www.gearbest.com/home-gadgets/pp_168281.html

anyone trust this site?
    good price at £22

What's the share a sale thing all about when I click that link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭oleras

What's the share a sale thing all about when I click that link?

Thats a referral coming from Boards.ie afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

oleras wrote: »
    Thats a referral coming from Boards.ie afaik.

Ah part of the new advertising thing, skimlinks and adroll or something are their ones though aren't they? Don't understand it enough to know myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

ah ok. in that case......

surely hawkwind has nothing to worry about so as he was only asking if they are genuine and reliable

So where do people recommend that prospective buyers should purchase this from, I too went to gearbest from the first page - run with it anyway as it seems as though people have been getting the product or what's the best alternative?

I see them on Amazon - look okay from there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I've bought from Banggood, DX and ibuygou. Take your pick.

If buying from DX make sure it has original in description.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Just bought one from amazon since I have fast delivery with prime. came to about 20 euro. Looking forward to trying it out. The mother has a fitbit one so will compare the two when I get mine in a day or so.

• Advertisement

I bought mine through OPs gearbest link. Came to €18 and change with a tracking number. I had it delivered to my workplace and got an email to pick it up yesterday evening. Delivery time was 10 days but I got no further tracking information once the package arrived in Ireland.

Advertisement