Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bah Humbug! thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Good game, good game!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Selection boxes are gone to the dogs. The bars are tiny and there's less of them in the box.

Cadburys Roses are getting worse each year. The quality of the chocolate is gone down. The weight of the tin plastic tub is gone down. It used to be 1.5kg years ago. Now it's 753g and for the same price too I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

this is how i feel about christmas.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

I walked past a man in Boots in Limerick last week who was the spitting image of Bruce Forsyth. I did a double take and am still not entirely convinced that it wasn't him....

.....this has nothing to do with the thread as such but I figured here was as good a place as any to share that fascinating anecdote with the world.

My god I wont sleep tonight thinking of that I thought he was dead. You are right that was one fascinating bit of information. Happy xmas :) you too Bruce

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Bruce Forsyth thinks he's dead. Has to be tapped on the head with a hammer twice a day to remind him that he isn't late for the state funeral.

• Advertisement

Anyway happy xmas everybody I'm off to kill the turkey

lulu1 wrote: »
    Anyway happy xmas everybody I'm off to kill the turkey

Bless you, Remember to leave the gun-pellets in. Adds flavour. And upsets children. Ho ho ho.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Massive load of Bollox,
    People must expect an apocalypse with the amount of food they buy.... Shops only closed for 1 day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Bruce Forsyth thinks he's dead. Has to be tapped on the head with a hammer twice a day to remind him that he isn't late for the state funeral.

I actually came across chinned from the 'Brothers Oasis' biography, I thought it was gurrier Madchester thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Bah humbug, I'm in work today :(
    Worst xmas day ever! (so far, I plan on partaking tonight however!! :D)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Love that our 2 boys come home for Christmas and we enjoy the meal etc. Absolutely can't stand anything else to to do with it. I'm at my happiest the day I get home from work and the decorations are back in the attic. Roll on Spring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its a well known fact Bruce Forsyth is immortal. Duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Years full of krap Christmases make me loathe it. Really thought this year would be different but no, same selfish person that wrecks it every year struck again.

Really would like to get the Christmas spirit back some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Misticles wrote: »
    Years full of krap Christmases make me loathe it. Really thought this year would be different but no, same selfish person that wrecks it every year struck again.

Well, if the selfish person is the problem, just send them packing. Husband, wife, son, daughter, whatever, on your bike!

It's just that simple...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I'm already fed up of being stuck in the house. Got a text off a mate earlier asking if I fancied a pint, but his local's 3 or 4 miles from me, and I've no money.

To all you bah- humbugers out there this is for you (ps cant do a link it's an age thing you know but my singing voice is just as good listen up )

Oh I wish it could be Christmas every day
    When the bells are ringing and the bands begin to play
    Oh I wish it could be Christmas every daaaaaay
    Let the bells ring out for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Bollix to not having enough Christmas dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

brummytom wrote: »
    I'm already fed up of being stuck in the house. Got a text off a mate earlier asking if I fancied a pint, but his local's 3 or 4 miles from me, and I've no money.

Is it not "shut" you know the 2 days they are

Misticles wrote: »

It may not be too late. Look for any colourful bottles with 40% proof alcohol content. Drink and be merry. Save the leftover bottle for glassing people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Dep! wrote: »
    Bollix to over-crowded shopping centres.

Bollix to spending too much money.

Bollix to the anti climax of Christmas day every year.

Bollix to the retail industry starting their advertising in early October.

Bollix to "12 pubs of Christmas" gobsh*tes.

Bollix to pubs and clubs at Christmas full stop.

Bollix to the stress of it all.

Bollix to Christmas!

Do you love or loathe it?

How are you getting on now ? :)

I managed to sleep for a few solid hours lastnight and awoke at 5:30am & still awake! Huge improvement for me getting solid hours sleep.
    Mom and her Cooking has brought back the appetite I had lost over the last period; scrumptous!
    I'm surviving this Christmas okay :o

Hope your Evening is Pleasant,
    kerry4sam

kerry4sam wrote: »
    How are you getting on now ? :)

I managed to sleep for a few solid hours lastnight and awoke at 5:30am & still awake! Huge improvement for me getting solid hours sleep.
    Mom and her Cooking has brought back the appetite I had lost over the last period; scrumptous!
    I'm surviving this Christmas okay :o

Hope your Evening is Pleasant,
    kerry4sam

....you're not getting the point. I'm reheating a rasher in a few minutes and wishing the day away with two bottles of Jameson. The TV has stopped working and my neighbours are away. I'm thinking of robbing their house.
    My only dilemma is whether to make a long distance phone to the New Zealand speaking clock from theirs or actually rip them off.

....you're not getting the point. I'm reheating a rasher in a few minutes and wishing the day away with two bottles of Jameson. The TV has stopped working and my neighbours are away. I'm thinking of robbing their house.
    My only dilemma is whether to make a long distance phone to the New Zealand speaking clock from theirs or actually rip them off.
    Could you not have gotten a fresh rasher?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Is it not "shut" you know the 2 days they are
    Nope, I don't know of any days where the pubs are closed in the UK.

Could you not have gotten a fresh rasher?

An important person got born 2000 years back. Therefore the shops are closed. It makes sense the further you dive into the drinks cabinet.

-btw...NZ speaking clock has a very sexy voice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

I love Christmas very much.

I love cleaning the sitting room for the Christmas and putting up the tree and decorations. It brightens up the dark and cold winter. I think it breaks up the winter too. Without Christmas and the few weeks in the lead up to Christmas preparing for it, winter would be so long.

We keep Christmas relatively low key in our house with no gifting which is OK but even without gifts I love celebrating Christmas. I love the Christmas feast and the goodies. I like having new DVDs in the house for watching. I think Christmas is very important. No body knows what the future holds and I like trying to make Christmas a good one and living it like it's the last.

Therefore the shops are closed.

Did you not know that?

Did you not know that?

There are many things that I don't know. Quite a few I do. And sometimes the Doctor lies. Happy ventures.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

brummytom wrote: »
    Nope, I don't know of any days where the pubs are closed in the UK.

Ah okay

• Advertisement

There are many things that I don't know. Quite a few I do. And sometimes the Doctor lies. Happy ventures.

The whiskey never did though.

Advertisement