Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you buy your nieces and nephews presents?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

No.

Because I have none. More presents to me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭shuffle65

Nope, because there's dozens of the feckers, some of them nearly the same age as myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

I have too many decided years ago to stop none of them noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

No I don't.

They get presents off their parents and Santa, that's enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

Yes.

Well, I buy them something that I think I would have enjoyed at that age and then bring it home and play with it myself for a few hours.

Then when I've broken it, I wrap it and hope everyone will think they broke it on Christmas morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Only buy for kids and by kids I mean kids....once they hit teenage years I class them as brats or adults that's my cut off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Yeah I do. I love shopping, spread a little joy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I only buy for parents, sisters and girlfriend.

Too many nieces and nephews, and my brother is a ****, so **** him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I have no aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces or nephews. Its a cheap Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

I do - there are three in all and I do try to buy them 'educational' stuff under instruction from my sister.

Usually spend about 20 quid, or 30 if I like them that year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I don't have any nieces or nephews to buy for.

I buy for -
    My mam.
    My dad.
    3 sisters.
    Grandmother.
    Godmother.
    Godfather.
    Sister's best friend and her child.
    2 of my friends.
    My boyfriend.
    Bf's mam.
    Bf's 4 siblings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

I did every other year, this year I didn't. Dunno how well it will go, but then this year I just bought for my own kids and the Missus. I bought for dozens and dozens every other year, and in all honesty, I got feck all in return, including gratitude, so this year I decided "feck em". We'll see how it pans out, but I barely care.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

I buy for my nieces and nephews. 8 this year! We set a budget of a tenner each so just a token gift-tho with sales in November, you can get decent enough gifts for a tenner! I have no kids so end up buying the most, but don't mind as all the kids appreciate their presents. Would stop I think if they didn't!
    We do Kris Kringle for siblings and all chip in on one decent present for the parents. It's quality not quantity with us :-)

I bring them to the panto every year. They enjoy it and their parents get a break for a few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

Nah, not any more. Cash now. Cold hard cash.
    Cash is king.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Aw man would love to have some nieces and nephews. :( Christmas just feels like absolutely nothing this year! :/ Reeeeeeeeallllllyyyyy looking forward to next year already. :-l

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Yes I have 2 nieces so I will be buying for them until they're 18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

We have 8 under the age of 7, and we do. I love buying for them and always spoil them :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

We always get something for my nephew but my oh is his godfather so we try to make the effort. Each of the aunties and uncles are a godparent to one of our four kids so they always buy for their own godchild and one BIL and SIL tend to get something small for the others. I try to discourage people from buying for them all as it's a big ask with four and is only going to get more expensive as they grow up. My kids tend to be pretty grateful for what they get and not too worried if someone forgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I don't, I have far too many (18).

Well, I get something for my favourite nephew, but he's more of a mate than a nephew.

I get my brothers and sisters something small, I made them chocolates and fudges this year. We do a Kris Kringle in the Mrs family, so I buy for whoever I get.

She buys for all her nephews and niece, but there's only 5 of them, under the age of 11. Usually it's some sort of small toy/educational jobby, and PJ's or something. I had to talk her into getting the oldest something decent this year, at 11 the novelty of spiderman PJ's is a bit ... ****.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I have five nieces and nephews,normally I'd buy them proper presents but I'm out of work for a few months so it's selection boxes this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

I don't have any nieces or nephews to buy for.

I buy for -
    My mam.
    My dad.
    3 sisters.
    Grandmother.
    Godmother.
    Godfather.
    Sister's best friend and her child.
    2 of my friends.
    My boyfriend.
    Bf's mam.
    Bf's 4 siblings.

If ever a username suited, you have it :D

Myself and wife buy for godchildren, (we have 6 between us).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Oranges from London!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I only have one sibling and one niece. I spoil her rotten. I'd started buying her xmas presents back in october. However since she's 18 months old she doesn't even notice. She's probably spent the night chewing it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

omen80 wrote: »
    Well, do you?

I never got into that whole thing, there are too many of them. The problem is at what point do you stop doing it.

yes all of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

omen80 wrote: »
    Well, do you?

I never got into that whole thing, there are too many of them. The problem is at what point do you stop doing it.
    I don't have nieces and nephews but i do have little cousins and second little cousins yeah they all get 'happy bags' full of stuff from me. Or sometimes one big present per family and sweets. It's hard to get one big prezzie if they are diff ages though. I guess at some stage I will just give them money.

I love it. Christmas is better with kids in it! Also their family pets got something this year!:p But ours of course got the most spoiling.

We chip in to give the parents something usually booze :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Have 8 of them , all get pressies. However once they get into their sulky teenage years they wont be getting nowt!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Hooked

So....

My bro, his wife and their 2 kids each got pressies. Other bro is a bit of an ass, so just his kids (3 if them) got presents. 3 of these 5 kids - have birthdays within a week of Xmas (18th, 24th and 29th), and each of these got separate gifts.

My third brother (no kids) and his OH got gifts.

My folks each got gifts.

My mums sister, her daughter, and her daughters son each got a gift.

On my fiancées side, her brother and sister each have 2 kids. Each adult and each of the 4 kids got gifts.

My OH got her mam and dad pressies.

We have no kids - and only got gifts from her folks, her sister, my folks and my 2 brothers.

My fiancées brother bought her nothing! And he earns twice as much as the rest of us... Still owes her a birthday gift. The tight ****er!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

I don't have any but if I did I would. I don't think there would be a pressure in my family but when I was younger my aunts and uncles did for me and I always did for them. On my fathers side at least, on my mothers side it was usually some money to be donated on one if the days of Hanukah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

2 boys and 3 girls.

Spent about €200 on them.

Advertisement