Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance Rip Off

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

10 years no claims, no penalty points, blah blah blah, average quote around €1100. Liberty €2500! An absolute f*cking joke in this country it really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

delahuntv wrote: »
    aig.ie and go for the xlnt quote

http://www.aig.ie/smart-driver-car-insurance_3192_557018.html

yes they can monitor your driving behaviour, but discounts are great.

Laughable and really quite disturbing that someone would give up all that personal information to a private corporation for a couple of hundred euro. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭Xterminator

pearcider wrote: »
    Laughable and really quite disturbing that someone would give up all that personal information to a private corporation for a couple of hundred euro. Crazy.

GDPR.

A sea change in what they can do with your data.

PS do you have a tesco or dunnes loyalty card? Whats the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 -=Shamrock=-

I moved away from ireland to holland as a kid because of my dads job. I went to school there uni and first job. Ive been back in ireland for 5 years now and am sick of the poor public transport, so much against my wishes I am now getting a car.

As I have never been insured in ireland before (i was previously in holland) insurers are refusing to quote me. The one or two that will are charging me 6K for a year!

WHAT THE ACTUAL &&^&&&^^&&**(*(*&^%^

This has to be illegal surely? What about free movement of people? A car is a necessity and refusing to insure people (which a 6k quote in effect is) has to be a form of preventing people to be able to live in ireland. AND im irish ffs

/rant

Is there anything I can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,505 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Convert to an Irish licence, EU licences other than British ones are loaded incredibly.

What are you trying to insure?

• Advertisement
Advertisement