Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students in the city have zero respect

Options
2»

Comments

I lived in that area for a while, we had students next door. The first year we were there was the worst, absolute animals. Class parties every other night. Ridiculously loud music at all times of the day or night. Bins knocked over and rubbish set on fire every couple of nights too. The summer months were generally fine though I am glad I don't live there anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I live on one of the side streets off Barrack St and avoid any serious hassle as its generally bypassed but it is mostly UCC students who live nearby and are responsible for much of the carry on.As the 12 pubs XMass jumper shower don't get me started on them.Tom Barrys bans them,wish more pubs would do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

It's either hillbilly culchies that go mad in the city or poncy rugger buggers from Rochestown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

rob316 wrote: »
    I have emailed the students union president of both ucc and cit about the issue. I have also invited them to go on air with me on Neil prendeville to discuss the issue. Hopefully other residents will speak out also.

Instead of going on air to discuss the issue is there any way you could pop in to the college and speak to someone from the su to try sort out the issue.
    I think it would be well worth contacting campus watch if you haven't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,855 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

If they tried p*ssing through my letterbox, they wouldn't be able to p*ss without assistance afterwards...but of course even scumbags have 'rights'.

Where are AGS during all this fun?

btw the whole rural vs town/city thing is a bit old. People acting the maggot come from all areas and all walks of life.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Deco99 wrote: »
    Its probably the city thickos who momma and poppa put through pres or christians, who then rote learned the leaving cert to get enough points for Arts.They still live at home with momma and poppa but go out on student night so have to hang around on the street on their one night of freedom a week. Its thems the culprits I tell you. Not the culchies in CIT. There is culchies in UCC too, they just havent come out yet.

Arts is not an easy course at all. It's a University level degree, not some FAS course. Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,810 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

eternal wrote: »
    Arts is not an easy course at all. It's a University level degree, not some FAS course. Cop on.

eternal B.A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Hahahaha

genericguy wrote: »
    Hahahaha

Merry Christmas begrudgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Merry Christmas begrudgers.

Ha, it's not english you're doing anyway.

• Advertisement

Am I being tested, Professor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

I know a pub owner near UCC who was telling me about the changes this year.

They've introduced a semesterisation thing with exams at Christmas which combined with the 12 pubs **** means that you've the entire student population still living around the college 7-10 days later than they would have been up to this year

I was out myself on Thursday last week and there was a fairly nasty vibe around the city even at 10pm and worse still at 2am.

It'll take the death of some fool in an Xmas Jumper for the college to even make a statement and to try and distance itself from student groups promoting 12 pubs events.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

rob316 wrote: »
    Just last night I came home from my shopping and there was a group outside my window on the walkway steps huddled around a fire log. I mean these brainboxes thought it was a good idea to light a fire outside someone's home. I lost the rag, confronted them and there was a scuffle.

You should have said nothing and gone inside rang the guards ( or technically the fire brigade !! ) and then got a hose, preferably a power hose and put the fire out without too much regard to where the hose was hitting. That would stop them drinking and setting fires fairly quickly l'd say. The pc crowd will probably say do nothing and ring the guards or whatever but christ that is taking the absolute piss (no pun intended).

As for pissing in a letterbox that's just wanton thuggery. Any person that's doing that has serious mental/alcohol issues to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

sounds like they are a bunch of twats! sounds horrible and a dose to put up with..i suppose if the guards are rang they do sweet f all about it...

And I am sorry but I kinda of agree what is even the arts course, I remember one girl who done it and I swear I don't think she even knew what it was..Just that there was a pub on site, you can be a student and be nice, I think tis down to parenting again.. If your a little **** you will do things like this and not have any respect

Advertisement