Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 New Year's resolutions-what are yours?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

mad muffin wrote: »
    Must refrain from eating the other white meat this year… :(

Had to google this - thought you were confessing to canabilism for a moment there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Had to google this - thought you were confessing to canabilism for a moment there.

Haha. No, no. I'm converting to Islam…

Of course I'm talking about cannibalism! If I eat one more baby back ribs, my wife said she'll leave me :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

*so old I had to dust it down*

1920 x 1080

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neil_

I have resolved to lower my general level of giving a **** by at least 10%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Definitely to get in shape again. Gave up football and have found it hard between kids/job to do something to replace it Definitely could do with losing a stone or so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Finish Moby Dick

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭AdFundum

Get back into the things I have had to postpone over the last couple of years, with less focus on books and more focus on doing:

#1. Add significantly to my collection of preserved Irish moth species and get someone to teach me how to make display cases (I'm rubbish at making things).

#2. Go to more events with the Dublin Field Naturalists Club, especially the survey outings.

#3. Take a photography 101 course.

#4. Get to the Gaeltacht at least twice over 2015.

#5. Put more time into mastering the low whistle.

#6. Grow my own spuds.

#7. Take up whittling (and not loose a finger).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

AdFundum wrote: »
    Get back into the things I have had to postpone over the last couple of years, with less focus on books and more focus on doing:

#1. Add significantly to my collection of preserved Irish moth species and get someone to teach me how to make display cases (I'm rubbish at making things).

#2. Go to more events with the Dublin Field Naturalists Club, especially the survey outings.

#3. Take a photography 101 course.

#4. Get to the Gaeltacht at least twice over 2015.

#5. Put more time into mastering the low whistle.

#6. Grow my own spuds.

#7. Take up whittling (and not loose a finger).

This sounds interesting, what do ye do? Is it habitat survey?

I am going to try and do a bit of running again and cut back on sweet crap for at least a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭AdFundum

Yep, it's really interesting. There are field/habitat surveys and general outings, also talks and workshops. If you are into natural history, it's great. I'd recommend it and the membership is really a pittance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

-Gain 10kgs
    -Go to almost all of my lectures
    -Run more often

• Advertisement
Advertisement