Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Linx 8" Wifi 32GB Tablet €129.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Never had issue with wifi on my pad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

coldfire1x wrote: »
    ^^ Did you try changing channel in your router. Something between 1-10. Not sure why but some tablets find it difficult to pick the higher channels.

I assume your router frequency is 2.4ghz?
    I'm pretty sure I have no idea what you just said.... :D I'll hit Google when I'm back home and become an expert in no time! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Zynks looking to pick it up. For any reason if he doesnt take it then you are next. I will let you know. Thanks

Picked up and thank you for offering it at the deal price, you are a gentleman.

PS, the wife has never been so quiet playing with her new toy, which makes me happy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

T-Bird wrote: »
    I use a keyboard case, along with a bluetooth mouse when in college.

It connects via the usb port, it takes a bit of getting used to as keys are small and US (@ and " reversed) layout. I tried to use a bluetooth keyboard, but some of our lecture rooms are tiered with very little desk space.

Might also be worth checking if your college is providing free copy of office 365. Word has a handy zoom scroll bar to magnify screen.

I save everything to OneDrive (depending on connection) so files can be
    accessed from home.

I also carry a power bank because, battery life isnt the greatest.

I got the Linx7 from the ebay link earlier in the thread and it was delivered a couple of days ago... it's impressive for the price!

Does anyone know of a keyboard case / USB keyboard that also acts as a USB hub?
    Or a keyboard case that uses Bluetooth instead of the USB port?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Anyone know a shop in Dublin that does cheap Micro HDMI adapters?

Also, can you connect a PS4 or 360 controller to these for gaming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

corcaigh07 wrote: »

I would assume you can connect a 360 controller- I was using steam to play football manager on this the other night, stands to reason as its a full windows 8.1 os that you can use a controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Ds4 works a treat as you can use its trackpad to navigate. Heres a guide http://kotaku.com/the-dualshock-4-has-become-a-pretty-great-pc-controlle-1648577637

360 controller should be fine but you'll need a otg cable and usb hub to use the 360 wireless dongle. The ds4 is bluetooth so it needs no extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Buffman

The Linx8 is €123.95 in Powercity at the moment. Not much stock though.

I got a Linx7 last week, for the money it's impressive. I missed out on the GameStop deal mentioned earlier in the thread, but even at €99 it's good value IMO. If you're buying make sure you get the 32GB model, as there seems to be some 16GB models around now. (Apparently the 32GB was a promotion by the manufacturer.)

Powercity have a 1.8m HDMI to Micro HDMI lead for €9.95. I didn't see any adapters though.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Anon123

A few Linx 7 left in GameStop stephens green today- €67 with a 'free' level three card and €10 trade in bonus voucher- so €59 and got rid of an old DVD!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Mine wont turn on now :/

Edit, ignore that started working again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Mine wont turn on now :/

Edit, ignore that started working again.

Yeah mine got to hump once as well when i plugged out the usb. I reckon if the battery is low it needs 20 min on the charger to sorts itself out.

They are still windows machines and can blackscreen, i had another w8 tablet that i had to let go flat before it could fully reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Bobby1984

2 questions on this that I'm still unclear on:

1 - Has anybody successfully used Sky Go with HDMI out? I still haven't seen clarification that hdmi out isn't blocked same as it is on Android / iPad.

Has anyone got an answer to question. Laptops are different so Sky Go can be linked to the TV. Mobile devices dont allow this as the HDMI out has been blocked. As the Linx tablet is windows based, can you hook it up to your TV to show Sky Go.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Linx 7 now €69.99 on meteor store

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

What's the battery like? Will it make 6 hours which is about all I'll ever need it to?
    (Coming from a €41 Allwinner tablet here, I'll be easy to impress)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

jimmynokia wrote: »

Aaaah only bought the Bush tablet in Argos on Friday night would have bought this otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Other than being cheaper is there any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

beauf wrote: »
    Other than being cheaper is there any difference.
    Screen size. The Linx in Meteor is 7" whereas the Bush in Argos is 8". May not seem much but personally I think 8" is the sweet spot in terms of screen size vs. portability.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Same here, 8" much better in size.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

crasy dash wrote: »
    Aaaah only bought the Bush tablet in Argos on Friday night would have bought this otherwise.
    They have more cheap tablets and phones in now alright,all android,just got a new range the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,169 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

jimmynokia wrote: »

Seems to be only an online offer as I rang my local meteor store today and it's still at €99.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Thanks, bought the 7 inch Linx for 69.99 on Meteor’s website. A steal at that price. How are people finding the Windows OS? Also, any light bleed or screen issues on the Linx tabs?

Ideally would have liked the 8`` but at 60.00 more I can certainly live with the 7’’!

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Thanks, bought the 7 inch Linx for 69.99 on Meteor’s website. A steal at that price. How are people finding the Windows OS? Also, any light bleed or screen issues on the Linx tabs?

Ideally would have liked the 8`` but at 60.00 more I can certainly live with the 7’’!

I love it, gets used for streaming via hdmi and it rarely gives hassle. Quick tip dont hold down the power button just press it once to turn on :)

I love it, gets used for streaming via hdmi and it rarely gives hassle. Quick tip dont hold down the power button just press it once to turn on :)

Awesome. Any screen bleed?

Awesome. Any screen bleed?

Not for me anyway.

For anyone interested i got a Logik HP Slate 7 case in PC world today for €1.91 which is a pretty decent fit for the Linx 7.

foxerv1 wrote: »
    For anyone interested i got a Logik HP Slate 7 case in PC world today for €1.91 which is a pretty decent fit for the Linx 7.

Where was it in the store? Bargain baskets or the cases section in general? Does it fall out easily/loose fit?

Where was it in the store? Bargain baskets or the cases section in general? Does it fall out easily/loose fit?

Apologies, i should have given better information:

It was in the bargain basket in PC World in Limerick. The fit is maybe 85-90%, it's not tight and there is wiggle room, but it has a velcrod fastener that means it won't fall out. It comes with a HP Slate 7 screen protector, and a Stylus. There is a pull out leather clip on the back that allows you to stand it in a viewing mode. The back placement for the camera can be made to line up, it leaves the charger port open and the buttons can be accessed. As i said, it's a pretty reasonable fit and for €1.91 i'm happy that i can go some way to protect the tablet.

For those of you interested in the 7 inch Linx, you can buy it for €44 from Meteor now with this deal - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94009599&utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=notification#post94009599

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Seniorpeazel

I got the Linx 8" for Christmas from my folks. Staples UK had it on sale from £99.99 reduced to £49.98. They also offered £30 cashback when trading in an old tablet (we had a very dated Hannspree Hannspad lying around which was never used) so this little tab cost us £19.98 all in.

The fact that it comes with Full windows 8.1 (which now as it seems will allow me to upgrade to Windows 10 for free), Office 365 (One year subscription) and One drive is fantastic. The tablet runs very smoothly with basic tasks but as mentioned before the 1gb RAM can be a bit of a bottleneck. Micro HDMI port is extremely useful and the bluetooth will allow you to connect a keyboard (tried and tested - no problems)

I have also used the tablet to remotely connect to my work desktop with absolutely no issues.

Battery life is very good but charging can be a little slow. Ive noticed a very small amount of light bleed round the edges but nothing that should put you off getting one of these.

If you are looking for a tablet that you can use for everyday browsing and some light office type work i would highly recommend this.

Advertisement