Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Linx 8" Wifi 32GB Tablet €129.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Dealz had belkin ones a while back for €1.49 try your local one.

Cheers there's one up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Picked up a Linx 8inch up in Westport Carphone Warehpuse. Plenty in stock too.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

astrofluff wrote: »
    Picked up a Linx 8inch up in Westport Carphone Warehpuse. Plenty in stock too.

Just after getting a linx 7 inch in Gamestop €50 what a bargain. I had the level 3 card sorted. Great tablet, thanks boards

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭super_freddie

2 questions on this that I'm still unclear on:

1 - Has anybody successfully used Sky Go with HDMI out? I still haven't seen clarification that hdmi out isn't blocked same as it is on Android / iPad.

2 - Can I use the Gamestop level 3 card to get the €50 price on Gamestop online and get it posted to me? Lot of the Gamestops seem to be out of them at the moment (Mallow, Crescent in Limerick etc.).

Thanks,
    super_freddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

2 questions on this that I'm still unclear on:

1 - Has anybody successfully used Sky Go with HDMI out? I still haven't seen clarification that hdmi out isn't blocked same as it is on Android / iPad.

2 - Can I use the Gamestop level 3 card to get the €50 price on Gamestop online and get it posted to me? Lot of the Gamestops seem to be out of them at the moment (Mallow, Crescent in Limerick etc.).

Thanks,
    super_freddie.

I use Sky Go on my Windows 8 laptop via Internet Explorer and I can view it on another display. Works perfectly. I can't imagine how it would be any different with this tablet if you were to do likewise as it too uses Windows 8. Any restriction with iOS/Android is built into the application. Sky Go on the tablet would be through an internet browser.

• Advertisement

Gamestop have confirmed that it can't be bought at that price online.

@gunnerfitzy - Thanks for the Sky Go clarification, wasn't sure whether it was a Windows app or via web browser.

@castle2012 - Where did you get the tablet for €49.99? Most of the shops around Limerick / Cork that I rang are sold out and when I eventually got one, I was told that the offer is over since last week, which was a surprise to me.

Thanks,
    super_freddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Gamestop have confirmed that it can't be bought at that price online.

@gunnerfitzy - Thanks for the Sky Go clarification, wasn't sure whether it was a Windows app or via web browser.

@castle2012 - Where did you get the tablet for €49.99? Most of the shops around Limerick / Cork that I rang are sold out and when I eventually got one, I was told that the offer is over since last week, which was a surprise to me.

Thanks,
    super_freddie.

There may indeed be a Sky Go app for Windows 8. Sky realised one for Now TV. But the browser options works great for me. If there is a Sky Go app, it's quite possible that Windows 8 does not allow the blocking of secondary displays by specific apps. I have used the Now TV app on Windows 8 on a secondary display without any issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

How do you get the 7" for 50 euro in gamestop?

Its 99 euro online and instore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

thierry14 wrote: »
    How do you get the 7" for 50 euro in gamestop?

Its 99 euro online and instore

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93575298

I double checked this in-store (but they didn't have stock there)

samhail wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93575298

I double checked this in-store (but they didn't have stock there)

Would be interested to hear what store told you whether offer was still on and whether it was today as I was told by a Gamestop staff member today that offer was over since last week!

Thanks,
    super_freddie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

It was in blanchardstown, and I was in on Saturday.
    He didn't say it was part of a deal. I understood that it was part of their gamestop+ membership thing

samhail wrote: »
    It was in blanchardstown, and I was in on Saturday.
    He didn't say it was part of a deal. I understood that it was part of their gamestop+ membership thing

Thanks. As of now (December 30 @ 5.10pm ), looks like this offer is no longer available. Was told by a store manager that area manager said offer of €49.99 with gamestop+ level 3 card was over... would be interested to hear if this is not the case.

Thanks,
    super_freddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Guys anyone looking to get one for €67, give me a shout before I put this on Adverts. Got one for a friend but he changed his mind.

Has to be collected from Dublin 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Guys anyone looking to get one for €67, give me a shout before I put this on Adverts. Got one for a friend but he changed his mind.

Has to be collected from Dublin 8.

is this the 8 inch one or 7 in -

I can collect - pm sent
    EDIT: I reread thread - 7 inch

It's 7 inch one. PM if interested.

Need to go somewhere, will reply after 6PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

It's 7 inch one. PM if interested.

Need to go somewhere, will reply after 6PM.

Problems with phone all day. Tried to pm. If some one gets there first is ok.

It's still available. Sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Howdy folks, picked up one of these for the better half, but seem to be having the windows 8 "limited connectivity" problem and can't seem to get it fixed at all. I've tried everything Google has thrown at me but it still seems to drop to limited whenever it feels like.

Anyone else had this problem with the tablet or indeed with Windows 8 and up?

Happy new year to you all!

^^No such issue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Howdy folks, picked up one of these for the better half, but seem to be having the windows 8 "limited connectivity" problem and can't seem to get it fixed at all. I've tried everything Google has thrown at me but it still seems to drop to limited whenever it feels like.

Sounds like the Wi-fi router isn't providing an IP address via DHCP - try giving the Wi-fi adaptor a static IP, subnet and Gateway, in the control panel.

Nate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Had that issue today with a dell venue. I got it to forget the wifi network and typed in the password again and it was fine then. Might be worth a try.

Sounds like the Wi-fi router isn't providing an IP address via DHCP - try giving the Wi-fi adaptor a static IP, subnet and Gateway, in the control panel.

Nate
    This would be the only thing I haven't tried. Not exactly sure how to go about it so will do a bit of googling!

Cheers!

I still have a spare brand new sealed if anyone is interested. Going to post on Adverts. Give me a shout if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I still have a spare brand new sealed if anyone is interested. Going to post on Adverts. Give me a shout if anyone wants it.

I'll take it and will pick up today. Will pm you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'll take it if you still have it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Restart your router. Worked for me.

I'll take it if you still have it tomorrow.

Zynks looking to pick it up. For any reason if he doesnt take it then you are next. I will let you know. Thanks

Chris___ wrote: »

Tried that more than once! Thanks though.

^^ Did you try changing channel in your router. Something between 1-10. Not sure why but some tablets find it difficult to pick the higher channels.

I assume your router frequency is 2.4ghz?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Chris___ wrote: »
    Windows 8 does seem a bit of a wimp when it comes to WiFi.

Advertisement