Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The People v OJ Simpson - American Crime Story [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

gazzer wrote: »
    He is pretty bad. Though not as bad as shoehorning the Kardashian kids into Episode 2. Ughhhhh

John Travolta looks like a waxwork dummy.

Yes I saw that. And their mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

He is pretty bad. Though not as bad as shoehorning the Kardashian kids into Episode 2. Ughhhhh

John Travolta looks like a waxwork dummy.

Not really shoehorned in at all surely. It is a part of the story and their whole "position" today is based on this OJ trial. In a way the restaraunt scene in ep 3 goes to show how people like that end up how they are. We may have no interest in the Kardashians but quite obviously a lot of people do and it is one of the effects of the trial still being felt today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭brian_t

There is already a thread on this - American Crime Story

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It's cheesy as hell but enjoyable. I'm reading the book at the same time which goes into a lot of detail about OJs other assaults on Nicole and the cops in awe of him and basically letting him get away with beating her up. The crazy thing is they were arresting him in 1989 for assaulting her and he just drove away and nothing ever happened to him. To say the cops actually set him up for the murder was the last thing that would have ever happened, they loved him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings about the second episode. I thought Cuba Gooding did a great job and they managed to build up the tension giving a genuine sense that OJ could get shot at any moment.

However there are a few minor things that annoyed me. Firstly, Travolta is just creepy as hell in this. Secondly, yet again they completely unnecessarily shoehorned in the Kardashian kids. Finally, I don't know if the scene where Robert Kardashian tells the Simpson's that OJ is dead actually happened but if it did, what a staggeringly stupid thing to do without knowing for sure.

Agree with all of this, they were my exact thoughts on the kids and Rob K telling them all he's dead.
    Did that actually happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

Missed last nights episode, does anyone know if its repeated at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Ice Maiden

Ludo wrote: »
    Not really shoehorned in at all surely. It is a part of the story and their whole "position" today is based on this OJ trial. In a way the restaraunt scene in ep 3 goes to show how people like that end up how they are. We may have no interest in the Kardashians but quite obviously a lot of people do and it is one of the effects of the trial still being felt today.
    The way they were pictured watching their dad on TV and the repetition and spelling of their surname numerous times didn't just look like shoehorning, it looked like product placement. I'd believe it too - their mother seems like she would sell the Kardashian brand via any means. And here am I doing it now! :D
    I understand fleeting mentions of them of course, due to who their father was, but the above looked like blatant promotion, not incidental mentioning.

Enjoyable trash. Jeez, I don't think David Schwimmer has aged much at all - maybe he looks old because of the grey streak in his hair which Robert Kardashian had.
    I agree too on the weirdness of the way he told OJ's family that he had possibly killed himself.

katkin wrote: »
    Missed last nights episode, does anyone know if its repeated at all

It's repeated Thursday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

In this show they have kris Jenner basically saying that O J is guilty but I did she ever publicly declare whether she believed he was guilty or not ?... Has any of da kardashians ever came out and said what they believe?????

Can't believe people were actual out cheering on OJ when he was on the run...

Just watched the third episode, enjoying it so far...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

brian_t wrote: »

Cool, what time and channel please?

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    Cool, what time and channel please?

11.15pm BBC2

11.45pm BBC2 NI

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Watched the first episode last night.

The whole tragic tale is quite incredible.... truth being stranger than fiction.

John Travolta's face is melting off.............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Just finished ep 4 and I'm really enjoying it..

It's cheesy but you have to keep reminding yourself this actually happened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

fin12 wrote: »
    John Travolta's face is melting off.............

Maybe he should swap it with Nicholas Cage... :pac:

brian_t wrote: »

Strangely BBC2 actually repeats it twice.

It's also repeated on Sundays at 10pm or 11pm.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Any chance the earlier episodes are repeated. What are bbc on now? I've missed them all :(

amdublin wrote: »
    Any chance the earlier episodes are repeated. What are bbc on now? I've missed them all :(

You've missed the first episode. Tomorrows episode is a repeat of the 2nd one.

Mod:

Please no discussion re online streaming (see charter)
    Regards
    your friendly local moderator :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭motley

Surprised there isn't more discussion about this show. I'm following it on BBC and am really enjoying it so far. It does come across as a bit hammy in places but it's still captivating none the less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

That speech from Robert Kardashian to his kids about "fame being fleeting" was so rediculous. Did he REALLY say that because if he did his kids totally ignored him :):)

I also HATE the way he keeps saying "JUICE". I know that was OJ's nickname and maybe it is because I just keep picturing Ross from friends saying it but it really annoys me :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

There's an ESPN 30 for 30 OJ Simpson special coming out that's meant to blow this away so that's one to look out for

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

This is Really good
    Simpson scored a “minus-24” on a lie-detector test, a “total failure.”

True. He scored as low as possible, and the administrator tried to convince Shapiro that it was “conclusive” evidence of his guilt; as a result of the failed polygraph, Shapiro began investigating a possible insanity defense.

:pac:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/02/people-v-oj-simpson-episode-1-recap

That speech from Robert Kardashian to his kids about "fame being fleeting" was so rediculous. Did he REALLY say that because if he did his kids totally ignored him :):)

I also HATE the way he keeps saying "JUICE". I know that was OJ's nickname and maybe it is because I just keep picturing Ross from friends saying it but it really annoys me :):)

Agree with this especially when he says "Uncle Juice" to his kids.

Other than that I'm enjoying the show so far.

Just seen episode 5
    is it true that the prosecution put a cop on the stand who was a nazi supporter [spoiler/]. Can't remember how to do spoilers?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i reckon the programme makers can't believe their luck...

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/04/oj-simpson-knife-police-investigating-la-property

should boost ratings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭furiousox

fin12 wrote: »
    Just seen episode 5
    is it true that the prosecution put a cop on the stand who was a nazi supporter [spoiler/]. Can't remember how to do spoilers?

Not quite but he was one of the reasons the case failed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Fuhrman

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

David Schwimmer says Juice. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

David Schwimmer says Juice. :pac:

That's downright hypnotising.

• Advertisement

I think david s is excellent in it. Also John Travolta.

Actually it's funny all the famous people playing people you saw on tv during the 90s trial. They are all very believable.

Advertisement