Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could bring one Irish musician back to life...

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Genuinely pleasantly shocked reading this thread at all the good taste still left in Ireland. Plenty of my heroes listed. I never bother ranking them though. It's not sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Yeah...he'd have frightened the shyte out of the Troika all right.:rolleyes:

You clearly missed the point of my post.
    I meant socially and artistically - not politically .
    Kelly covered many pertinent social injustices during his career, from Irish attitudes to the travelling population to the plight of the nationalists in Northern Ireland Etc etc.

He was a person of the people and wasn't afraid to give the ordinary people a voice.
    That's what my post implied.... But you fire ahead with your roll eyes if it makes you feel better....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I wouldn't bring one back unless I could bring them all back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

6541 wrote: »
    pat ingoldsby

Pat's not dead...

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

was he Irish? ;)

Sure was, real name Freddie O'Mercury.............true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

John Lennon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Philo for me. What I wouldn't give!

And if we are broadening the definition of 'Irish", John Lennon and Dusty Springfield.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Phil Lynott without a shadow of a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

sadie06 wrote: »
    Philo for me. What I wouldn't give!

And if we are broadening the definition of 'Irish", John Lennon and Dusty Springfield.

But Phil would be included in that broader definition though..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Shane MacGowan. not technically dead but what I wouldnt give for another Pogues, Popes or solo album!

• Advertisement
Advertisement