Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is he not interested?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Okay, constructive advice. Ask him for a coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Excuse 1: had been doing "emergency shopping" for his dad.
    Excuse 2: "look we can go without a booking, i tried calling 15 times and tried booking online but they didnt call me back"

This scarily reminds me of a friend of mine... He blames everything on some random issue that you have no means of validating... My own pals preference used to be his phone.... It was always "my battery died, my phone is broke, I've no credit, I've no signal"... And believe me if it was some hot chick he was chasing you could guarantee there would have been nothing wrong with the phone service at all..

So this guy tried calling the restaurant 15 times, but didnt think to call you ONCE to tell you that there was a problem booking the meal...? It was his responsibility to let you know, IF that had been the case... But, let's be honest, he's full of crap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jenna1057

He sounds completely full of sh*t after reading your message! Move on, there's plenty more people worth your time out there! I would however recommend that a coffee date would be better for a first date as there is less pressure than a dinner date!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Ask yourself why on earth are you giving him the time of day? plenty of nice guys out there...forget him he's sounds like a head melter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Move on OP, he's messing you around even before anything has got off the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi guys,
    Thanks all for your advice, I thought I would give an update cos so many of these threads just kind of fade out :)

I bumped into this guy out on Stephens night (we live in the same part of town) he was apologetic about the whole thing and his friend said "oh you're Jilly, he was actually sick that night".
    We were both drunk but he seemed really nice in person and he asked if I wanted to do something one of the nights...... 2 night ago we went for drinks.

It wasn't much fun.
    He spent basically the whole time talking about himself. Didn't ask about me.
    He brought up the topic of exes and complained at length about his.
    He complained about his former coworkers and arguments he had with them.
    He wanted to go outside to smoke 3 times and was in no rush to finish despite me shivering with the cold... I ended up going back indoors by myself.
    Everything was a trigger for a rant.... he held a door open for me and then started complaining about guys who over-do chivalry.
    In the end I said it was time for me to get going home, he walked me home but I just gave him a kiss on the cheek and legged it inside! He was texting me again 10 minutes later.... I didn't respond.

Thanks to everyone for your advice, it was really helpful :)

Advertisement