Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the most random thing you've done with a stranger.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Built a snowman with some old guy that was walking his dog in Marlay park the year we had the really heavy snow... no conversation just pure teamwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭qt3.14

Drank our c combined duty free booze in a hotel, about ten of us, after a Chicago to Dublin flight had to turn around and land in JFK. Got a hotel room for the night courtesy of the airline and preceded to get hammered together.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I helped a girl get her jeans closed after using the bathroom at a party. Her jeans were WAY way too tight so she couldn't close them and she was pretty upset and hiding out in the bathroom. I asked how she got them on in the first place and turned out her sister had helped her pull them closed while she lay on the floor with her tummy sucked in. So with her lying on the floor I knelt down beside her and helped her heave them closed on a count of 3.
    And then we went our seperate ways as if nothing had happened! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

One of my favourite memories is from a night out at Christmastime a few years back when it was snowing pretty heavily. Me and some mates had been at a party and got the last Luas back into town. I was staying with them out in Terenure so we had to get off at some stop and walk the rest of the way.

Along the way, we saw another gang of lads coming down the other side of the street, obviously on their way back from a night out. The snow had started falling just that day and it had built up and was still falling.

Don't know why but as we passed them, one of the lads in our group suggested we throw a few snowballs at them and we all agreed. Just as we bent down to start making a few, a volley of snowballs landed at our feet... the other lads had the same idea!

It was a great laugh. We tried it again some other time with some other randomers. Those lads weren't the same kind of craic and got pretty pissed off iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

I was in the lobby of a cinema and a few people were waiting for the doors to open to go in to watch the film.

I walked straight up to a middle aged lady waiting in the queue that I've never seen before and shouted to her loudly: "I didn't expect you to be here!".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I jumped on a lads head once, we went our separate ways after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Met two girls in a pub 25 and a half years ago. I was about to go home but went back in and offered to drive one of them to work in Dublin (Mater Hospital) the next day. Her friend came along for the spin. Took a random notion to go to the zoo with the friend when we dropped off the nurse at the Mater. We had a great day, are married for 25 years with an 18 year old daughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

New neighbour had moved in, I hadn't met them yet but the walls are very thin. Heard yer wan one day singing in the shower the mans part from one of the duets from Phantom of the Opera. When it came to the woman's part I chimed in in a loud soprano- she screamed like she'd heard a ghost!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Went for a quiet drink by myself one night and got chatting to someone who worked in a tattoo shop. Told him I always wanted to get my nipples pierced. He said he would do them for free so went I the next day and he stuck to his word, even though he was pretty drunk the night before.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Walked around Vienna until I had to catch my plane back to the states and she had to make her way to Paris. Of course, when I was promoting my book in Paris, we ran into each other and I ended up leaving my wife and son for her.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 Sugar Thief

Rolled some dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Emmser

When I was in college, my mother dropped me to get the train after a weekend at home. Unfortunately I missed said train and since my gran was sick and my mother was heading to visit her I decided to sit and wait for the next one (an hour and a half away). There sat a young man with his clothes in a plastic bag and he too had just missed the train. So the two of us sat talking, turned out he had just been released from prison for killing his step father. I won't go into the reasons but he and his family lived a troubled old life. When the train arrived, I was a little uncomfortable sharing with him so I lost myself in the crowd. I always laugh when I think it all might have been a joke, that this man saw a naive looking girl and decided to scare the be jaysus out of her for an hour and a half and watch her run off to her safe haven!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

The use if the word random offends me

Oh my God, that's like sooo random.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

Spent NYE with someone I'd be talking to online for a couple days at most

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

zuutroy wrote: »
    Arrived in downtown San Francisco on my own one Sunday when I was in Silicon Valley for a meeting. The girl who was stood beside me at the city map in the station happened to be Irish and had also just arrived. Spent the next 4 hours walking around the city, getting lunch, chatting. We went our separate ways that evening and that was that!

Something similar happened to me in London. I was over visiting friends and was wandering about central London while they were at work. I bumped into a pair of female Italian students who were a bit lost. Between their rudimentary English and my rusty Italian, we managed to (mostly) understand one another. We ended up wandering about for the day, did lunch, I took their photos for them standing in front of all the landmarks and I got us thrown out of a couple of tourist tat shops by pointing out how much they were about to be ripped off. I brought them back to their hotel that evening, we said our goodbyes, and that was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

shuffles88 wrote: »
    I saw a duck in the middle of the road one day, obviously exhausted as it was lying there as cars drove over it. So I drove home and walked back to find it. When I got to where I saw it there was another man there and the two of us attempted to catch the duck at which point it ran into the garden of a house so myself and this man chased a duck around and around the front garden until we managed to catch it.
    Don't start a story and not finish it. What did you do with the duck?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I helped a girl get her jeans closed after using the bathroom at a party. Her jeans were WAY way too tight so she couldn't close them and she was pretty upset and hiding out in the bathroom. I asked how she got them on in the first place and turned out her sister had helped her pull them closed while she lay on the floor with her tummy sucked in. So with her lying on the floor I knelt down beside her and helped her heave them closed on a count of 3.

Your doing it wrong. Your supposed to get a girl out of her pants at a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Walked around Vienna until I had to catch my plane back to the states and she had to make her way to Paris. Of course, when I was promoting my book in Paris, we ran into each other and I ended up leaving my wife and son for her.

You bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

ALiasEX wrote: »
    Don't start a story and not finish it. What did you do with the duck?

Well that was the end of my involvement in the story. The other guy brought it home with him since he lived across the road. Otherwise I would have had to walk 10 minutes up the road with a hostile duck under my arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

shuffles88 wrote: »
    Well that was the end of my involvement in the story. The other guy brought it home with him since he lived across the road. Otherwise I would have had to walk 10 minutes up the road with a hostile duck under my arm.

You met Chandler!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Was walking past the ladies while attending a wedding with my wife and as we walked past my diminutive wife disappeared. Turns out a woman literally grabbed her by the arm and dragged her into the bathroom to zip up her dress. It was a bigger job then one person could handle so she had to get the woman's mother and discreetly ask her to the bathroom. The woman took her number and the procedure was repeated a few times over the remainder of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Whistling Careless Whisper in the pub's jacks last week, some random lad at the urinal joins in. It was beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Whistling Careless Whisper in the pub's jacks last week, some random lad at the urinal joins in. It was beautiful.

I wonder how many times George Michael has used this line?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Whats with all the "and that was that" or "we went our separate ways"

i always got the ride before that , your all doing it wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Many years back British Rail did really cheap offers and you could go pretty much anywhere in the UK for a tenner. I decided to go from London to Inverness, met a couple of other guys who were doing the same thing and we propped up the bar on the train all the way there and all the way back. It's about 9 hours each way...

Now I read it back, it's not that "random" at all. I regret nothing!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah man me and this one girl i met on the street got so drunk, then we went into a nearby building, trinity, staight into the labs... to you know, generate some entropy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 runamokk

still waiting for Reebrock to come back with the something mental...unless i missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Walking along a beach in Bundoran up at Sea Sessions with a few buddies kicking a ball and a game just started with another group of lads. No agreement or words exchanged, just a global understanding of what was happening.

Advertisement