Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the most random thing you've done with a stranger.

Options
  • 21-12-2014 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Which wasn't sexual in nature.

I did something mental the other day which made me think of this thread idea. But I can't say due to the fact it was illegal, and that's just how I roll :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭mfergus

Reebrock wrote: »

I did something mental the other day which made me think of this thread idea. But I can't say due to the fact it was illegal, and that's just how I roll :)

Did you murder someone or what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

:D

Thats how you roll is it, well roll away and dont be starting shtie threads with no story of your own

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Well givvus an example of a time a similar thing happened to a friend!

I've done nothing mad really. I've taken photos for people when they've asked. That's about it. Boring life me :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Me and two friends went to Chessington world of adventures with a load of randomers we'd met in a nightclub the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I shot a man in Reno.

Just to watch him die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Stood in the queue for an ATM in a nightclub with this one who was behind me in said queue and we stood, judging everyone who walked past us. Wore the face off her later on that night, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Duff wrote: »
    Stood in the queue for an ATM in a nightclub with this one who was behind me in said queue and we stood, judging everyone who walked past us. Wore the face off her later on that night, too.

Fcuk, you go from chatting to beheading and wearing her face? Sicko.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

I was bringing the kids to school a few years ago and as I turned out of my road (a mile outside a small rural village), I spotted a woman running towards me waving her arms, so I stopped up and asked was she ok. Well her car had broken down and she wanted a lift to the main road as she was having to hitch to work, which she explained was in another small village about 15 miles away and she had just moved to the area and didn't know anyone to call. So, no problem. Left her at the cross as she was going the opposite direction and brought the kids to school.

On the way back, I thought jaysus, bet she hasn't got a lift yet so I drove on past my turn and there she was walking determinedly up the hill. Stopped and said hop in, I'll take you to work whereupon she virtually kissed me and explained it was actually her first week in a new job (a school) and she was meant to be going on the school trip that day - phone calls along the way confirmed she was being waited for, so I flew it up the hills and got her there only 10 mins late :cool:

All the way there we were chatting, and honestly couldn't see eye to eye on anything - really didn't relate well to each other in our life choices/interests/everything! But ever since then we've been best of mates and it was a very cool way to meet a new neighbour! We'd have probably never talked otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I tattooed "God's Bitch" on a dude from alaska

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Well there was this one time in band camp......oh wait I just saw first line......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I've changed tires for strangers, that random?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

There are no strangers, only friends we are yet to meet.

*vomit*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

MadsL wrote: »

*vomit*

Ha, vomit all ye like. It was true for me on my random drive to bring a stranger to work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

MadsL wrote: »

There are no strangers, only enemies we are yet to make yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭wylie

During the heavy snow a few years back heading to work on the dart, i seen a blind man on the platform at lansdowne. I asked if he wanted some help, so he linked my arm and off we went. We walked and talked for about 15mins everyday for about 2 weeks. He was gas crack! His phone read his text messages out loud. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Out shoppin' today & saw a fellah accidently knock over a display.

I went over to give him a hand to pick up the pieces & when everything was fixed, I said to him in a delebratly loud voice;

'Well, we cant take you anywhere, can we?'

Couldn't resist.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Arrived in downtown San Francisco on my own one Sunday when I was in Silicon Valley for a meeting. The girl who was stood beside me at the city map in the station happened to be Irish and had also just arrived. Spent the next 4 hours walking around the city, getting lunch, chatting. We went our separate ways that evening and that was that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Jumped on a freight train from Chicago to east st.Louis with a girl called "firecracker" I met outside a starbucks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The use if the word random offends me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

Gave first Aid !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

When I was about 22 and working on the roofs, one particular summer I got badly burnt on my back.
    Early the next morning I met one of the older lads outside the complex where we were working ( inside an estate ) and asked him could he rub some lotion on my back as I was in agony. He was having none if it as he was a hard f@:ker to say the least, old school.
    The next lady that passed I asked her could she rub a bit in and sure enough I got a nice back rub on the side of the road from a stranger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Nothing insane but I got up on stage and sang karaoke with a guy in a bar in Bristol while I was on a mini break there. He was a strange fella, wearing red cowboy boots with blue jeans and an army jacket.

Myself and my friend ended up going across the road to a club with him and his friends. The place was empty, so it was just us and three other people. Stayed drinking till closing time. One of them bought a round of champagne and we danced like eejits for the night.

Went our seperate ways at the end of the night and that was that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Was in lidl packing my bag when a girl at the till did not have enough for 3 or 4 items and she wanted to put back the pack of tea bags, I paid for them.

My mum met a young Spanish girl at a bus stop, bawling, turns out some fella she met travelling said she could stay with him if she was ever in the area, turns out he wanted s ex! She had no where to go, so my mum took her home and she stayed for 2 weeks,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

dumped two bodies in a shallow grave

then some tv program stole my idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

braddun wrote: »
    dumped two bodies in a shallow grave

then some tv program stole my idea

shallow Hal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

I saw a duck in the middle of the road one day, obviously exhausted as it was lying there as cars drove over it. So I drove home and walked back to find it. When I got to where I saw it there was another man there and the two of us attempted to catch the duck at which point it ran into the garden of a house so myself and this man chased a duck around and around the front garden until we managed to catch it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

shuffles88 wrote: »
    I saw a duck in the middle of the road one day, obviously exhausted as it was lying there as cars drove over it. So I drove home and walked back to find it. When I got to where I saw it there was another man there and the two of us attempted to catch the duck at which point it ran into the garden of a house so myself and this man chased a duck around and around the front garden until we managed to catch it.

Peking duck anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I have to share a cabin with other truckers on the ferry.

It's easily the worst part of the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Dragged a dead sheep off the middle of a road on the ring of Kerry few years back with a Norwegian guy, fecking thing weighed a tonne - sat on a ditch then for a few minutes after making bad sheep jokes, strange folk those Norse men...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Dragged a dead sheep off the middle of a road on the ring of Kerry few years back with a Norwegian guy, fecking thing weighed a tonne - sat on a ditch then for a few minutes after making bad sheep jokes, strange folk those Norse men...

How Baaaa'd were they?

Advertisement