Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15-year-old dead and four others injured in Dublin crash

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

There are loads of instances where lamp posts, traffic lights and roadsigns are taken out by joyriders for a laugh.
    clondalkin002.jpg
    The size of the tree makes me suspect that this may be a deliberate crash, pushing the boundaries a little further but they've discovered that even the smallest of trees is anchored much much better than a lamp post.
    Every driver on the road would do well to reflect on how little damage was done to the tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Music Box wrote: »
    Thankfully nobody outside the car was hurt.

This is the real point.

alias no.9 wrote: »
    The size of the tree makes me suspect that this may be a deliberate crash

I'd be doubtful of that... but that's just me.

Either way, I'd be in the 'no sympathy' boat. (well, no sympathy for anyone in the car, deceased included. I do feel a bit sad for the family though, as they're the ones who'll have this hanging over their head every christmas for the rest of the lives).

A little cop on goes a long way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

tippman1 wrote: »
    I don't have the answers either but 'Boo hoo' isn't very sensitive or helpful. :(

Yes he is!

http://www.thejournal.ie/garda-gsoc-crash-1743203-Oct2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Apparently these guys mowed a dog down too, and they bought the car,the original owner of the car would be now in trouble?
    I hope this sends out a message for others looking to have some fun in car,no way to go at such a young age,but they had enough knowledge to know it was wrong in the first place..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I'd be doubtful of that... but that's just me.

Either way, I'd be in the 'no sympathy' boat. (well, no sympathy for anyone in the car, deceased included. I do feel a bit sad for the family though, as they're the ones who'll have this hanging over their head every christmas for the rest of the lives).

A little cop on goes a long way.

If you saw how often lamp posts are taken out for fun it's not a big jump to see this as raising the stakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

efb wrote: »
    Can't believe some of the posts here, the death penalty is a tough sentence for joy riding. My sympathies to the lads familes. It's tough losing someone, especially at Christmas
    masti123 wrote: »
    I know the lads who were in the car last night. Maybe the car was robbed, it doesn't mean a 15 year old kid deserved to die a few days before Christmas just because he got into a car.
    Spook_ie wrote: »
    Well considering rapists, murderers etc don't have capital punishment imposed on them, I must say some of the posts are the usual knee jerk KB warrior comments.

Nobody, as far as I can see, is mandating capital punishment for 'joy riding' - only that it's difficult to muster up any sympathy for the young fellah concerned.

I certainly don't feel sorry for him - I do feel very sorry for their families and friends who will no doubt grieve for them. And I feel very sorry for the emergency services who had to extricate them from the wreckage and for the hospital staff who had to treat them.

It seems to me that if they hadn't been as stupid and reckless as they were they wouldn't be in the position they are now and this thread wouldn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

No real loss to society and I've no sympathy for the families either as they're as much responsible as their scumbag off spring. Parent of kids under 16 years old should know where they are at all times and make sure that at that time of night they're st he and not out causing trouble. It's just fortunate no innocent people were hurt or killed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

No real loss to society and I've no sympathy for the families either as they're as much responsible as their scumbag off spring. Parent of kids under 16 years old should know where they are at all times and make sure that at thstvtone of night they're st he and not out causing trouble. It's just fortunate no innocent people were hurt or killed.

I suppose you have no sympathy for parents who accidentally drive over their own child reversing out of a driveway or you have no sympathy for the parents of the children who got raped in Athlone last year? Answer that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Gits_bone wrote: »
    I suppose you have no sympathy for parents who accidentally drive over their own child reversing out of a driveway or you have no sympathy for the parents of the children who got raped in Athlone last year? Answer that.

Absolutely no comparison between those incidents and this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Totally agree.

Everyone was young once and made some stupid mistakes, we all did. There is a grieving family out there today who's child wont be around for Christmas. It's just a shame that this resulted in a death, and lucky it didn't result in even more carnage.

Theres mistakes and theres illegal life threatening mistakes. We all made mistakes but rarely does someone do something as dangerous to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Jesus. This thread is a bit much for a Sunday..

End of the day there's a 15 year old dead, horrible thing to happen any time of the year but even worse so close to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Some proper c**ts in this thread.

Very sad incident. There are no winners and comments like "hope the tree is ok" are just disgusting.

Sometimes it's best to say nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

sugarman wrote: »
    Boo hoo

What if that tree they collided with was a family car coming home from doing their Christmas shopping?

ffs get a life, they were aged between 14 - 16

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

Absolutely no comparison between those incidents and this.

well said.

I have no remorse whatsoever for the lad that died. another scumbag gone off this earth. good riddance.

I'm sure if he survived, he would have been an upstanding member of society and contributed a lot to life...........NOT.

roll on the do gooders now........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

masti123 wrote: »
    I know the lads who were in the car last night. Maybe the car was robbed, it doesn't mean a 15 year old kid deserved to die a few days before Christmas just because he got into a car.

I bet they're the same fellas that were cheering when a Garda car got rammed head on a few weeks ago not far from where this crash was. The crash last night nearly took out a pedestrian on the other side of the tree afaik. Their kind have no regard for other lives so why should people have any regard for theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

No real loss to society and I've no sympathy for the families either as they're as much responsible as their scumbag off spring. Parent of kids under 16 years old should know where they are at all times and make sure that at that time of night they're st he and not out causing trouble. It's just fortunate no innocent people were hurt or killed.

Posts like this is why I generally stay clear of after hours. The sad thing is that you're probably not even trying to troll.

Gits_bone wrote:

not comparing like for like really

ffs get a life, they were aged between 14 - 16

Out of interest, what has that got to do with anything?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

efb wrote: »
    Can't believe some of the posts here, the death penalty is a tough sentence for joy riding. My sympathies to the lads familes. It's tough losing someone, especially at Christmas

Do you know the best way to avoid dieing in a car on a joyride????

Dont joyride.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Jawgap wrote: »
    Out of interest, what has that got to do with anything?

Eh, they're children.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭kippy

While there are more than likely wider societal issues here as well as many thanks that others werent killed the lack of compassion here and/or willlingness to see a bigger picture is a sad reflection on society.
    Im from a rural area and would have seen stuff like this go on with lads in their mid teens when I was growing up. No scumbags as such, just lads messing around. Getting a hold of a car going out for a spin showing off etc.....
    And yes, you could put this down to parents not being on top of their kids as well as other things. Or you could put it down to the folley of youth. Sometimes you get lucky and learn a lot from your mistakes. Sometimes you only get one chance.
    There are plenty people throughout the genepool who do daft things.
    I feel for all the families involved here. I doubt very much they'll ever get over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Natural selection, simple

/thread

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Eh, they're children.

So do you think 'children' aged 14 to 16 don't know the difference between right and wrong?

Plus, cars aren't toys, so if they are children what are doing in them, and driving them?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

A child is dead. More are injured. Families and friends have woken up this morning to their worst nightmares. I hope for their sakes that none of them read this thread.
    The 'jokes' and insensitive comments stop here. Please think before you post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

nc19 wrote: »
    Do you know the best way to avoid dieing in a car on a joyride????

Dont joyride.........

Have you bubble wrap?

The punishment doesn't fit the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

The attention seeking comments in this thread are a bit sick to be fair. I wonder how many of ye would be brave enough to repeat your comments to some of the family of the injured people. Not many id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,482 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

When I was younger I was a proper nutcase in a car, very little was off limits, and have had up to 14 passengers in my dad's car back in the day, I on occasion drank a fill and drove too.. Always insured but still a shocking lunatic. Looking back there was only pot luck between me being here and being another statistic or bringing this tragedy to someone elses house..
    Some posters seem to revel in the death of this young lad, I think that's a bit distasteful. Young lads have very, very little appreciation for danger and repercussions of their actions, some of us get away with it to learn better, and some don't, but its often a very fine line between the two.

Many men can look back at their teenage selves and see a young lad who took shocking risks with their own lives and the lives of those around them, many just like to forget and rather get up on their high horse behind a keyboard.

There are no winners here, just a dead kid and a very sad house for Christmas and forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,299 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Thankfully no innocent person was mowed down, driving around Dublin with no license or insurance where there are people everywhere with the potientel to be knocked down is criminal behaviour.

This goes way beyond "making a mistake".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

nc19 wrote: »
    Natural selection, simple

/thread

That's not how natural selection works

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement