Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One 4 All Vouchers - where to spend?

Options
2»

Comments

I had €500 in vouchers and I was able to use them in pretty much every shop I was in today. The only exception being Office.

Grand for picking up pressies.

And I bought super fancy bedsheets out of an arnotts voucher I had. Nearly as dear as my bed :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Ach there's no shortage of places to spend them!
    http://www.one4all.ie/retailer.html

Not sure how up to date this is, I was in Jack&Jones yest and some woman came in and wanted to use one and they said the don't take it any more and haven't ina few months but that One4All don't bother updating their website

don't know how true this is - just repeating what I heard

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

I don't mind getting gift cards but not a fan of One 4 All, unless things have changed their website list is way out of date and can lead to big disappointment - twice in my case. Kids had got vouchers and were scooping up "desperately" wanted items - both times vouchers were refused in stores listed on the website leading to huge disappointment. Of course I got screwed and had to fork out so not too sure if the kids or me were most disappointed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

Stinicker wrote: »
    My sister has been getting these each year as a Christmas bonus from her work-place all I can say is they are a horrible company to deal with and I'd never gift them to anyone. If you don't spend them they deduct an amount each month and basically I think its sharp practice. Most women clothes shops seems to refuse them and whilst one4all claim alot of retailers accept them in reality it is different, with alot of places conveniently saying oh that our machines not working blah blah blah.
    Never ever experienced that and I've been getting them from work for years too. In what way are they a horrible company to deal with?
    The deduction only kicks in after a year. Why are people so hellbent on pretending there's all this stuff wrong with them? It's like it's just "the thing to say".
    this stupid monstrosity who will only cause stress for the receiver.
    Melodramatic much?

This thread has reminded me that I have two €10 Bonus Bond vouchers. Never used them before so wondering if anyone out there is familiar with them and and has ever had problems with them being accepted? I'm assuming the retailer list on their site is up to date but if you click on the PDF it's dated from 2009 which has me a bit wary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭blade1

anncoates wrote: »
    My wife gives me these excellent vouchers called Euros for Christmas. They seem to be valid in every retail outlet I've tried and also come in separate denominations. They're brilliant.

Sounds like you've never had any of your own!:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

So today I went shopping and Penny's, Dunnes Stores and Eason all refused my All4One, those three are like the spine of Irish retail. They should be renamed all4none, a friend is buying a TV in Argos so he said he'd use it in payment and give me the value. They are a pure joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

So today I went shopping and Penny's, Dunnes Stores and Eason all refused my All4One, those three are like the spine of Irish retail.

Did you check beforehand if they accepted it?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

So today I went shopping and Penny's, Dunnes Stores and Eason all refused my All4One, those three are like the spine of Irish retail. They should be renamed all4none, a friend is buying a TV in Argos so he said he'd use it in payment and give me the value. They are a pure joke

I think you might have taken 'One4All' too literally. You still have to check where the card will be accepted, everywhere won't take them. And there are alternatives that will take the card. Cheap clothes? H&M and Heatons take One4All. Groceries? M&S take them. It is bizarre that Eason wouldn't take them though, I've used a One4All in there before but it was ages ago so it might've changed.

I don't mind One4All vouchers, once it's the swipe card. The paper One4All vouchers are a pain in the hole, though. Why do they still sell them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

H&m accept them - most people would usually find clothes there that they like. Great for kids clothes as well

Mothercare accept them too so if you did want to get toys with it, (and the Smyths nearest you won't take the voucher) some mothercares have early learning centres in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I think they're great. Got a few of them for working overtime recently and we were able to get all the kids presents from Argos with the vouchers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

any petrol stations etc take them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

As far as i know, topaz sell them but do not accept. Strange all together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

I've used mine in Eason in Galway and Athlone before, never any problem.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I tried to buy some stamps with one once. An Post are always peddling these things so presumed you could buy some stamps with them.

Nope. Nada. Gave up on them after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

I went into a (very empty) "boutique" bar once with some mates, with a 50 euro one-for-all vouchers for the first round.

I ordered the drinks, and handed in my voucher, expecting to be able to buy a few further drinks in credit notes, effectively.

Your man claims that once I use the voucher, he owes me no change in credit nor cash.

What can I do? I have no choice but to order about 10 whiskeys on a tray.

Fckuking dopes. How pointless is that? He was getting the same custom, but demands that all the drinks be bought at once.

So we sit there, bitterly sipping about 10 whiskeys before walking away, instead of prolonging our drinking during the night, getting into the groove, and spending real cash. What's more, I haven't been back since.

Some retailers never cease to surprise me with their oddness, especially when it comes to vouchers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

anncoates wrote: »
    My wife gives me these excellent vouchers called Euros for Christmas. They seem to be valid in every retail outlet I've tried and also come in separate denominations. They're brilliant.
    The last place I worked back home used to give us 100 euro cash as a Christmas bonus. Switched to 100 euro 1forall. Then 50 euro 1forall. Then nothing.

A steady decline!

Advertisement