Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One 4 All Vouchers - where to spend?

Options
  • 20-12-2014 3:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭

Got a load of these god forsaken gift cards, where the hell decent can i spend them? Closer to the things id be using cash for say the likes of tesco the better.

Feck the aul ones why cant they just give money anymore!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Got 1 myself, just been to Smyths getting the kids presents with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Ach there's no shortage of places to spend them!
    http://www.one4all.ie/retailer.html

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think you can get cash for them for a fee. Think it was €8, or maybe a %.

It might be worthwhile doing it as you might be able to buy the same thing far cheaper elsewhere.

The one advantage these have is companies can give them out as untaxed bonuses to a certain value, before the "all vouchers are crap" brigade arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Argos,

Most pubs accept them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Just be careful as some places cheat a bit in that if the purchase you're making is less than the value of the gift voucher they give you a gift voucher of their own to cover the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

They're great vouchers - nearly like cash so many places accept them.

I don't understand when people give out about them.

Maybe you have to be living in or near a city or bigger town though to be able to take full advantage of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Argos,

Most pubs accept them too.

+1 on Argos. If you can't spend them in there I despair for you.

Electrical goods, homewares, games, jewellery, bedding.

I'd buy myself a banging pair of headphones.

Got a load of these god forsaken gift cards,

You poor aul' craytur, my heart bleeds for you. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Didn't know symths took them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Most of the big retailers take them, as do most small places. There should be a little booklet with the cards telling you all the squillions of places to spend them. That or their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The one4all website specifically doesn't mention symths :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Got one myself off the aul'fella to the tune of €40.
    HMV/Xtravision take them without any hassle. I got a boxset of the Aliens movies and Days of Future Past! Result!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Usually get one from work every Christmas and normally have it spent in my head before I get it! Last years was spent getting a lot of things this year for the house. Think this years will be spent in the new h&m in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭cml387

I think people mistake them (I know I did initially) for those books of useless vouchers you used to get:
    "10% off full facial massage at Madam Wanda's (must be used in conjunction with Brazillian wax treatment)"
    "20% off Deano's car valeting,come on down to the second railway arch after the halting site".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

My wife gives me these excellent vouchers called Euros for Christmas. They seem to be valid in every retail outlet I've tried and also come in separate denominations. They're brilliant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

its quite hard to find a place that takes them,and don't wait for sales as the shops bring in crap

they used to expire,but now they do not

don't give gift cards for Christmas most people hate them

outside Dublin there are less places to use them

Balance carries subject to €1.45 monthly charge from month 13 onwards

on the web site it says there is a online expirers date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

Never experienced any retailer who's on the One4All list refusing to take payment via a One4All gift-card.
    I don't know that most people hate gift-cards. In my experience most people like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I love them. I usually spend mine at easons or hmv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

They're great vouchers - nearly like cash so many places accept them.

I don't understand when people give out about them.

Maybe you have to be living in or near a city or bigger town though to be able to take full advantage of them.

I do most of my shopping online. Giving me a voucher for anything other than steam or amazon means I end up spending extra to get something. Plus getting cash from lots of people can be added together and used to get 1 big thing rather than a bit here and there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

My sister has been getting these each year as a Christmas bonus from her work-place all I can say is they are a horrible company to deal with and I'd never gift them to anyone. If you don't spend them they deduct an amount each month and basically I think its sharp practice. Most women clothes shops seems to refuse them and whilst one4all claim alot of retailers accept them in reality it is different, with alot of places conveniently saying oh that our machines not working blah blah blah.

If I can't think of a gift then I give Cash and not this stupid monstrosity who will only cause stress for the receiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Can you use these anywhere online? I have one here about 11 months I really should use

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Which Smyths is that? Ours doesn't take them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

bjork wrote: »
    Can you use these anywhere online? I have one here about 11 months I really should use

Better get it used up ASAP or they will start deducting from it, just spend it on ordinary day to day things like Petrol if you can find a retailer to accept it. A one4all is practically impossible to spend online.

groovie wrote: »
    Which Smyths is that? Ours doesn't take them.

Carrickmines doesn't either. Got stung with that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Stinicker wrote: »
    with alot of places conveniently saying oh that our machines not working blah blah blah.

Why would any retailer say that? They get paid as quick from a One4All as if they used a debit / credit card. It's the same machine so if it's broken for one4all it's broken for all cards.

Have used them plenty of times in the 100's of shops that take them and never encountered any problems!

Saying that though the shopping centre cards (issued in Blanch, Dundrum etc) are a lot better in that they can be used in any shop (not just the particular centre that issued them) and can be used online (pretty much a Visa card).

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Any petrol stations that accept one4all vouchers when buying fuel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Any petrol stations that accept one4all vouchers when buying fuel?

Topaz garages sell the One4All cards so I'd be surprised if they didn't accept them as payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

The answer is simple. Give them to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Stinicker wrote: »
    If you don't spend them they deduct an amount each month and basically I think its sharp practice.

That only kicks in after a year:
    A charge of will be deducted on a monthly basis from funds remaining on cards from the 13th month following the purchase date. The monthly charge is €1.45 or remaining balance on card if lower.

http://www.one4all.ie/help

Advertisement