Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game-week 18 Transfers.

Options

Comments

Considering cazorla for siggy lads. Santi's on form what you reckon?

On four yellows i think? Just to keep in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭larchielads

But qpr worse at the back than villa

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Considering Mata to Di Maria for a 4 point hit, what ye reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

manu2009 wrote: »
    Considering Mata to Di Maria for a 4 point hit, what ye reckon?

Ya, could be a good Move. Still, dont see Di Maria getting 90 mins so you think he can do the damage in 60 mins?

Lemlin wrote: »
    Whey time is the deadline tomorrow morning?

11.30 I presume? Like a regular Saturday morning I guess with first game at 12.45 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

JR6 wrote: »
    11.30 I presume? Like a regular Saturday morning I guess with first game at 12.45 I think.

Yep, couldn't see it on-site but it was staring straight back at me.

Costa and Downing out for giroud and silva.. I think I'm leaning towards now! And get Downing back in a couple of weeks when I sell Rvp and waynama and convert to 3-5-2...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Worth doing RVP to Giroud for a minus 4??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Falcao or giroud in for costa it's going to be a late decision. Will probably give the armband to whoever I bring in.

Looking for a bit of good advice here! Does anyone see something obvious I can do..... (besides sell Baines this week.. He's going but not tonight)

Fabianski (Hamer)
    Baines, Hutton, Azpil (Wisdom, Coloccini)
    Sanchez (c), Hazard, Silva, Downing (Wanyama)
    RVP, Bony (v), Austin.

I've already done Siggy to Silva. Any further transfers will be for a hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

G1032 wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of good advice here! Does anyone see something obvious I can do..... (besides sell Baines this week.. He's going but not tonight)

Fabianski (Hamer)
    Baines, Hutton, Azpil (Wisdom, Coloccini)
    Sanchez (c), Hazard, Silva, Downing (Wanyama)
    RVP, Bony (v), Austin.

I've already done Siggy to Silva. Any further transfers will be for a hit.

I wouldn't change anything else if it's for a hit. Would be slightly worried about a Sanchez cameo if he was benched that's why I've gone with Bony captain. Your team looks well set up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    That's my feeling exactly, was just about to post my options but you've read my mind!!

My front 8 currently is..
    Hazard, Sanchez, Eriksen, Downing, Boyd
    RVP, Costa, Bony.

As per my plan in the Xmas prep thread I was gonna bank and go without City cover till next GW. I'd come back towards taking a hit this week instead, but now I'm between the two.

Option 1
    RVP to Benteke, Boyd to Silva. Gives me the city cover, and good strong front 8 for Xmas rotation. But no United cover and as Ziegler says a week early for Benteke really.

Option 2
    Stick to my guns and bank the the transfer. This means I can go Boyd, Costa and RVP to Silva and any two strikers I want (Falcao, Jovetic, Benteke, Austin) for -4 in Gw19.

Leaning towards option 2 as I feel Hazard, Sanches band RVP will play this week, and god knows who will get injured or suspended this week. It is probably more valuable to be able to make changes to set up for gw19.

Is it crazy to go without City attackers for another week though?!

Hmm, probably banking but the variant on option 2 is to just use my ft to get somebody in for Costa or RVP now and leave Silva and AN Other Striker in next week.

Giroud or Falcao are attractive as captain options this week and both would be decent options till jan WC.

Or maybe that's just all the trifle messing with my metablism.....

jebforever wrote: »
    I wouldn't change anything else if it's for a hit. Would be slightly worried about a Sanchez cameo if he was benched that's why I've gone with Bony captain. Your team looks well set up though.

OK. Thanks. I'll probably just leave it I think. Not moving on Silva last week hurt me and I'm just afraid my inaction this week will hurt again. Giroud is bugging me!
    Re Sanchez ... I'd be shocked if he didn't start. He is Arsenal this season. Wenger can't do without him so he'll run him into the ground. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him start on Sunday too!! Wenger often goes on about the Red Zone but rarely does anything about resting players in it as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Can't shake off RVP to Giroud...something's just telling me he's going to go nuts and I'll be kicking myself for not doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Is it worth doing Siggy and Baines > Silva and Demichelis (or anyone else for 5.9 or under)?

Bit fed up of Baines points lately and dont think i can spend that much money on a player scoring so little. Would rather not part with Siggy but worried what Silva can do on form

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

OK. Thanks. I'll probably just leave it I think. Not moving on Silva last week hurt me and I'm just afraid my inaction this week will hurt again. Giroud is bugging me!
    Re Sanchez ... I'd be shocked if he didn't start. He is Arsenal this season. Wenger can't do without him so he'll run him into the ground. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see him start on Sunday too!! Wenger often goes on about the Red Zone but rarely does anything about resting players in it as far as I can see.

Hmm yeah Wenger's tactics are a bit weird at times alright. With a lot of big names missing in attack he may choose to start him and if they're doing well could bring him off after 65/70 mins to save him for Sunday. If Alexis does start he's got a great chance of racking up a decent score as QPR have a really awful away record.

jebforever wrote: »
    Hmm yeah Wenger's tactics are a bit weird at times alright. With a lot of big names missing in attack he may choose to start him and if they're doing well could bring him off after 65/70 mins to save him for Sunday. If Alexis does start he's got a great chance of racking up a decent score as QPR have a really awful away record.

It's RVP to Giroud that's doing my nut in now....... Giroud, Giroud, Giroud. He's gonna get a hat trick isn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

It's RVP to Giroud that's doing my nut in now....... Giroud, Giroud, Giroud. He's gonna get a hat trick isn't he?

if I had rvp I would not sell him before a home home against Newcastle missing 2 goalies and tiote......he may only play 60\70 mins but that's all giroud will play for sure if things are going well too......Google rvp record vs Newcastle .......if I had him I'd captain him

He's a shiny thing. Very shiny in fairness and I'd love to have him in my team. If they had better fixtures coming up I'd be doing it. But 3 away in the next 4 (WHU, Soton, MCI) and well as their bogey side Stoke at home means I dont think it's something I have a spare transfer for even if he does score well tomorrow. I'd still expect Sanchez to get me into that party so me think I'm holding off.

km79 wrote: »
    if I had rvp I would not sell him before a home home against Newcastle missing 2 goalies and tiote......he may only play 60\70 mins but that's all giroud will play for sure if things are going well too......Google rvp record vs Newcastle .......if I had him I'd captain him
    Robin van Persie has scored six goals and assisted three more in his last eight Premier League starts against Newcastle.

I did not know that. Can I bring myself to captain him again though. It would probably just jinx him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

I did not know that. Can I bring myself to captain him again though. It would probably just jinx him.

captain him so and send all the points falcaos way ;)

km79 wrote: »
    captain him so and send all the points falcaos way ;)

He has 3 double digit hauls in the past 5 game weeks. I captained him the other two times (2pointers)! Not going near that stat, no way no how.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

He has 3 double digit hauls in the past 5 game weeks. I captained him the other two times (2pointers)! Not going near that stat, no way no how.

Don't captain him so. You've clearly jinxed him. I have him captain. My reasoning is he's at home to Newcastle. He's the most expensive player in my team. If he can't score at home to them, then he's not worth it.

I have Bony on VC. Let's hope this isn't a mistake. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Well I got great advice here last week particularly from iroced. Any help this week?

No money in the bank

Front 8 of

Nasri, Sanchez, Hazard, Wanyama, Sterling
    Costa, Austin, Bony.

Who should I buy Cazorla, Silva, Santi

Who should make way?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

So are we expecting Hazard, Welbeck, Sanchez and Costa to start?

What time can you make changes up until?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

What time can you make changes up until?

Info can be found here: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Just done baines and ings to giroud and o'shea for a -4. Pretty happy with my front 7 for this week
    Silva, Fab, Sanchez, chadli
    Costa, bony, giroud

Bit torn between chadli and siggy, but hoping Bony should be enough swansea coverage against a solid enough villa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Right lads, I'm going to bed to sleep on this but any help would be appreciated.

Diego Costa out. Either Falcao or Benteke in.

If I bring in Benteke, I will captain Bony. I'll captain Falcao if I bring him in.

What would others do?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Right lads, I'm going to bed to sleep on this but any help would be appreciated.

If I bring in Benteke, I will captain Bony. I'll captain Falcao if I bring him in.

What would others do?

Short term or long term plan.
    Short term Falcao..Man Utd at home and Newcastle defence rocky enough.
    Longer term Benteke. He is coming back into form and after this week they play Sunderland, Palace and Leicester.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »

What would others do?

Short term or long term plan.
    Short term Falcao..Man Utd at home and Newcastle defence rocky enough.
    Longer term Benteke. He is coming back into form and after this week they play Sunderland, Palace and Leicester.

Advertisement