Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breville Blend Active Blender (NOT Nutribullet, but kinda like similar)

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Ah tits. All gone in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

One just became free in the ILAC - nabbed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

So in your opinon what is the best blender to get for vegetables such as carrots?

I have a Kenwood smoothie junior with a year or so, great for things like blueberries, raspberries and Ice cubes, but I chucked a load of greens in there before and it could not handle it.

Thanks

Look into Vitamix or Blendtec, these are probably the best and most powerful blenders on the market but will set you back at least €500 and even a jar on its own will cost you more than 5 times the cost of one of these Breville/Aldi blenders :o

You can blend just about anything in them though and if you're going to be using it every day, it's well well worth the investment. I've had one for over 5 years now, use it all the time, on average 2-3 times a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭positron

cormie wrote:
    Look into Vitamix or Blendtec, these are probably the best and most powerful blenders on the market but will set you back at least €500 and even a jar on its own will cost you more than 5 times the cost of one of these Breville/Aldi blenders 

And factor in the cost of a kitchen extension to make room for it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

positron wrote: »
    And factor in the cost of a kitchen extension to make room for it. ;)

Breville: 128 x 124 x 370
    Blendtec: 190 x 205 x 395

Not a huge difference at all but they are two completely different machines so it really depends on your expected use. You would get at least 20 of these Breville Blenders for the same price :D I'd still prefer one Blendtec though considering my use but everyone is different :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

The blender is now £20 on Amazon :)

moonboy52 wrote: »
    The blender is now £20 on Amazon :)

linky?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

but then delivery is 8.29 GBP..

It was cheaper when it was 24.60 GBP as it qualified for free shipping then..
    Or am I missing something?

• Advertisement

but then delivery is 8.29 GBP..

It was cheaper when it was 24.60 GBP as it qualified for free shipping then..
    Or am I missing something?

Add a £5 add-on item

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭NATLOR

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Add a £5 add-on item

Or include a pre-order item and cancel after wanted item is shipped ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

NATLOR wrote: »
    Or include a pre-order item and cancel after wanted item is shipped ;)

haha very smart!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

The 1 bottle blender is back in argos

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=656594

Plenty of stock available across the country. It's £23.34 on Amazon with 2 bottles, but exchange rate is poor at the moment. The family pack is still £30 on amazon as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

£19.50 on Amazon now

.....on a related note, do you guys boil frozen berries before blending as per the advice given since Hepatitis warnings? or not that bothered?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭tempnam

Sorry to bump an old thread but just wondering if anyone has had any trouble with these blenders?

Got the Breville one earlier this week and have only used it 3 times. Each time I used one of the suggested recepies in the booklet that comes with it.

This evening there was a smell of burning and when I took the bottle off the motor there was smoke coming out of the motor unit.

Anyone else encountered this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

tempnam wrote: »
    Sorry to bump an old thread but just wondering if anyone has had any trouble with these blenders?

Got the Breville one earlier this week and have only used it 3 times. Each time I used one of the suggested recepies in the booklet that comes with it.

This evening there was a smell of burning and when I took the bottle off the motor there was smoke coming out of the motor unit.

Anyone else encountered this problem?
    You should bring/send it back for a replacement or refund. the motor is burning out so it is either not being used properly or is faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭tempnam

foggy_lad wrote: »
    You should bring/send it back for a replacement or refund. the motor is burning out so it is either not being used properly or is faulty.

Yeah going to bring it back today. Was just wondering whether it was a common issue with them.

It's being used properly - like I said I've only used it 3 time and each time it has been used for one of the suggested recepies (some fruit, berries & juice) and only for a few seconds each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭positron

My blender is collecting dust somewhere in the house, but I use the two jars on a daily basis. Top quality, no spillage and nice and easy to clean.

On an unrelated note, I bought a drill from Argos recently and as soon as I turned it on, I could see sparks flying out thru the air vent. That went straight back into the pack and back to Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

positron wrote: »
    On an unrelated note, I bought a drill from Argos recently and as soon as I turned it on, I could see sparks flying out thru the air vent. That went straight back into the pack and back to Argos.

That is normal for a drill that has it's carbon brushes worn down, not for a new drill. Though it is an easy fix I can see why you would bring it back if it happened on the first go.

Actually, did the sparks happen when you plugged the drill in or when you actually tried to operate it? If it happened when you plugged it in then it is a cause for concern if it was when you were operating it then it is likely the commutator of the DC motor rubbing against the carbon brush.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

That is normal for a drill that has it's carbon brushes worn down, not for a new drill. Though it is an easy fix I can see why you would bring it back if it happened on the first go.

Actually, did the sparks happen when you plugged the drill in or when you actually tried to operate it? If it happened when you plugged it in then it is a cause for concern if it was when you were operating it then it is likely the commutator of the DC motor rubbing against the carbon brush.
    Sparks are normal for a new drill for a while after you start to use it as the brushes often have to be worn down to the curved shape of the contacts they are pressing against

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Saw these in Debenhams the other day and was really tempted by the price, €26 i believe with 2 bottles. I could never justify the cost of the Nutri-bullet.
    Anyone who has bought one: How noisy are these?

Getting sick of my cheapo argos blender. This looks like it it would be much easier to clean and a smaller motor too I am guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

Saw these in Debenhams the other day and was really tempted by the price, €26 i believe with 2 bottles. I could never justify the cost of the Nutri-bullet.
    Anyone who has bought one: How noisy are these?

Getting sick of my cheapo argos blender. This looks like it it would be much easier to clean and a smaller motor too I am guessing.

I have one since the summer and use it once a day for a breakfast smoothie. It's a great piece of gear, good quality. They are quite noisy, similar to any other blender I've had really. Well worth it though. I got it on Amazon for about 35 with 4 bottles, I'd definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Easier to clean for sure, than my cheapo one. Not expecting it to sound like a hybrid engine. I would if I could find it's Decibel output online.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Glenn220390

Just ordered one of these today, I'm getting a bit lazy at this stage with transferring my smoothie to a bottle and cleaning the blender so i taught this might make it a bit easier, they are €27 in Littlewoods which is a good price considering they usually jack the price up on their products.

2 bottle one
    http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/breville-vbl062-blend-active/1377970332.prd

4 bottle one
    http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/breville-vbl096-blend-active-family-set/1410189838.prd

Advertisement